1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Thanks, scara
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Please read this post: https://www.glory-glory.co.uk/community/threads/fund-raising-for-jeremy-yermiyahu.10542/
    Dismiss Notice

OMT Spurs vs Emirates Marketing Project

Discussion in 'Spurs News & Views' started by lurker of old, 17 Nov 2020.

1. Bedfordspurs

Bedfordspurs George Hunt

City miss an ageing aguero... that shows to me they havent a real plan
    Their next plan... buy an ageing messi to fix that issue
    Their recruitment is very odd
    The other player their missing is.... and ageing Fernandinho
    So basically the6 miss old heads who now have more injury issues

What attacks did we ride our luck on by the way? There was some great defending but last season we were lucky. Yesterday IMO awe weren’t. They had a header form a free kick at distance straight at Hugo. The late effort he tipped over. Anything else?

The team operated as a unit as you say and did everything that was planned IMO

2. Notmegov

Notmegov Tim Sherwood

Will be interesting in January if we do have injures but are still in the top 1-3 and fighting for the title to see if he does get those extra players to get us over the line.

3. Daisuk

Daisuk Christian Ziege

I watched this high off my tits yesterday, so it's a bit of a blur, but what a blur! From what I remember, we defended extremely well, although I thought we sometimes let them come a bit too close. Excellent game by Højbjerg again. What a player he's been for us so far. What a win. Let's keep the momentum going.

@milo Højbjerg again for me. It's becoming a habit.

4. markysimmo

markysimmo Johnny nice-tits

Not sure if it's been mentioned but a top quality finish from a quality player in GLC 35 seconds after coming on, such composure
    I really like him as a player

SteveAWOL, spurrrr and Daisuk like this.
  5. K.D.D.D.D.Soc

K.D.D.D.D.Soc Paul Stalteri

Toby will be a big miss despite being written of by many and cover in that area should be a priority in January if we are going to spend. Both Davies and Doherty can fill in at centreback and I expect to see them used with Sanchez dependent on opposition and schedule.

Daisuk likes this.
  6. markysimmo

With how error prone Sanchez is I can only see him playing in the minor rounds of the cups, can't see him anywhere near the PL team again

7. tw12yid

tw12yid Ben Thatcher

Yeah the recruitment is interesting at city. Not quite sure on the plan. Jesus hasn’t exactly looked a world beater there either. Don’t think Pep football gets the best out of him.
    But signing Messi would seem strange. Be interesting to see what happens at Barca. As that seems an absolute mess of a club at the moment.

Bedfordspurs likes this.
  8. markysimmo

I reckon Barca will let Messi go in January and he will obviously turn up at City earning £650k a week or something ridiculous

9. Legohamster

Legohamster Jimmy Neighbour

I mean, no.

having the ball and doing nothing with it is not a one sided game.

City really dislike us.

Attached Files:

JerusalemMan and Caitano like this.
  10. DeanoAustin

DeanoAustin Mitchell Thomas

Our plan was so counter intuitive but you could see we executed it to perfection. As fans (I’m talking football fans in general), we want blood and thunder performances so dominating the ball seems to be the way we default to to win games. The stats they showed last night on MOTD were frightening. 65% possession and 22 shots to our 4. But we controlled the game without the ball. It was as well organised as I’ve seen a Spurs team and under Poch, we were well organised.

I genuinely thought we looked more dangerous than them. Not just the goals but on another couple of occasions we broke, we looked like a pass away from a great chance. They never looked like carving us open after the disallowed goal.

I also realised in the second half that I was screaming at our lads to press the ball once city got within 15 yards of our box and we weren’t doing it. We were completely focused on our shape and making sure we were set up to block them and, even if someone made a mistake, as Jose said we had the numbers to cover it.

His tactics were absolutely spot on but very un-Tottenham. I wonder how a crowd would have received it because I was struggling watching it for a while.

FatBloke and Legohamster like this.
  11. DaveT316

DaveT316 Espen Baardsen

What I thought was great yesterday is that we had a clear game plan that was executed flawlessly. What that does is give the players further confidence in the process so even when there are inevitable setbacks, they’ll be able to refer back to this game.

We just need to keep bricking up things, piece-by-piece, so things are less likely to unravel after a bad game. Coming away undefeated next week would be another important part of that journey.

12. milo

milo Bert Bliss Staff Member

I'm not so sure. I think that he is probably better suited to playing better teams. His pace allows us to push up a bit higher and compress play. He's also less likely to face aerial balls.

His form has been very poor this season though.

13. milo

How many of those shots troubled us though. I thought that we did a good job of letting them have the ball where they couldn't do anything with it.

They were very poor for both of our goals. CBs getting pulled out of position by both following Kane as he drops deep. It's like they haven't watched us this season and prepped for it.

14. markysimmo

It's his concentration levels for me, they are dreadful

Legohamster likes this.
  15. DeanoAustin

DeanoAustin Mitchell Thomas

Exactly my point. You look at the stats and think City battered us. You watch the game and realise we controlled it and always looked most likely to score.

Baleforce, ShelfLife and milo like this.
  16. milo

I agree but I think that his biggest problem is form and confidence. It is a tough choice next Sunday.

17. Bedfordspurs

Bedfordspurs George Hunt

I got 3/1 on Spurs and 2-1 on athleticism yesterday to win
    Barca are a car crash and will get worse with the £££ issues
    City... have a great DOF but don’t appear to want to recognise their on the field issues as their sticking to the same system and plan

18. Bedfordspurs

Bedfordspurs George Hunt

That’s decision making isn’t it?
    And he isn’t very decisive hence why he gets caught out

19. milo

I think that it is a real shame that we didn't sign Rodon in time to register him for Europe. I am sure that he would've played most games and we'd have a better idea of whether he is ready. Now would be a good time for Tanganga to get fit.

Bedfordspurs likes this.
  20. milo

Tanganga is back in training. Fingers crossed