• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

OMT Spurs vs Emirates Marketing Project

We're still work in progress. But what was great to see is how the team has cohesion now. The players move as a unit, look secure while defending (which was most of the time!), and we are showing signs of breaking with real intent. The Kane offside goal was a fast sweeping beautiful move.

But City were poor and we made our own luck - we weren't lucky to win but not completely convincing either. City really miss Aguero. We nullified them well, but still rode our luck with a couple of their attacks. So we shouldn't get carried away quite yet. Just be encouraged that we have a coordinated balanced team at last.

We can (will) improve how we use the ball when we do get possession. We still give the ball back too often and don't turn defense into attack as frequently as we might. There are still defensive blips from us where we give a free header away etc. But all the players are looking confident and secure knowing their role within the whole team unit.
City miss an ageing aguero... that shows to me they havent a real plan
Their next plan... buy an ageing messi to fix that issue
Their recruitment is very odd
The other player their missing is.... and ageing Fernandinho
So basically the6 miss old heads who now have more injury issues

What attacks did we ride our luck on by the way? There was some great defending but last season we were lucky. Yesterday IMO awe weren’t. They had a header form a free kick at distance straight at Hugo. The late effort he tipped over. Anything else?

The team operated as a unit as you say and did everything that was planned IMO

Will be interesting in January if we do have injures but are still in the top 1-3 and fighting for the title to see if he does get those extra players to get us over the line.

I watched this high off my tits yesterday, so it's a bit of a blur, but what a blur! From what I remember, we defended extremely well, although I thought we sometimes let them come a bit too close. Excellent game by Højbjerg again. What a player he's been for us so far. What a win. Let's keep the momentum going.

@milo Højbjerg again for me. It's becoming a habit.

Toby will be a big miss despite being written of by many and cover in that area should be a priority in January if we are going to spend. Both Davies and Doherty can fill in at centreback and I expect to see them used with Sanchez dependent on opposition and schedule.

With how error prone Sanchez is I can only see him playing in the minor rounds of the cups, can't see him anywhere near the PL team again

City miss an ageing aguero... that shows to me they havent a real plan
Their next plan... buy an ageing messi to fix that issue
Their recruitment is very odd
The other player their missing is.... and ageing Fernandinho
So basically the6 miss old heads who now have more injury issues

What attacks did we ride our luck on by the way? There was some great defending but last season we were lucky. Yesterday IMO awe weren’t. They had a header form a free kick at distance straight at Hugo. The late effort he tipped over. Anything else?

The team operated as a unit as you say and did everything that was planned IMO

Yeah the recruitment is interesting at city. Not quite sure on the plan. Jesus hasn’t exactly looked a world beater there either. Don’t think Pep football gets the best out of him.
But signing Messi would seem strange. Be interesting to see what happens at Barca. As that seems an absolute mess of a club at the moment.

Yeah the recruitment is interesting at city. Not quite sure on the plan. Jesus hasn’t exactly looked a world beater there either. Don’t think Pep football gets the best out of him.
But signing Messi would seem strange. Be interesting to see what happens at Barca. As that seems an absolute mess of a club at the moment.
I reckon Barca will let Messi go in January and he will obviously turn up at City earning £650k a week or something ridiculous

I mean, no.

having the ball and doing nothing with it is not a one sided game.

City really dislike us.

Attachments

• ABABD31C-C8B9-463A-B758-5A6B1A31A548.png
    ABABD31C-C8B9-463A-B758-5A6B1A31A548.png
    328.6 KB · Views: 25
  • E4F48E4F-87E4-4131-B84D-7B7E03B7127F.png
    E4F48E4F-87E4-4131-B84D-7B7E03B7127F.png
    364.5 KB · Views: 23
  • 94012DAF-7BE1-4840-B3D1-46555CB3DC33.png
    94012DAF-7BE1-4840-B3D1-46555CB3DC33.png
    321.6 KB · Views: 25
I mean, no.

having the ball and doing nothing with it is not a one sided game.

City really dislike us.

Our plan was so counter intuitive but you could see we executed it to perfection. As fans (I’m talking football fans in general), we want blood and thunder performances so dominating the ball seems to be the way we default to to win games. The stats they showed last night on MOTD were frightening. 65% possession and 22 shots to our 4. But we controlled the game without the ball. It was as well organised as I’ve seen a Spurs team and under Poch, we were well organised.

I genuinely thought we looked more dangerous than them. Not just the goals but on another couple of occasions we broke, we looked like a pass away from a great chance. They never looked like carving us open after the disallowed goal.

I also realised in the second half that I was screaming at our lads to press the ball once city got within 15 yards of our box and we weren’t doing it. We were completely focused on our shape and making sure we were set up to block them and, even if someone made a mistake, as Jose said we had the numbers to cover it.

His tactics were absolutely spot on but very un-Tottenham. I wonder how a crowd would have received it because I was struggling watching it for a while.

What I thought was great yesterday is that we had a clear game plan that was executed flawlessly. What that does is give the players further confidence in the process so even when there are inevitable setbacks, they’ll be able to refer back to this game.

We just need to keep bricking up things, piece-by-piece, so things are less likely to unravel after a bad game. Coming away undefeated next week would be another important part of that journey.

With how error prone Sanchez is I can only see him playing in the minor rounds of the cups, can't see him anywhere near the PL team again

I'm not so sure. I think that he is probably better suited to playing better teams. His pace allows us to push up a bit higher and compress play. He's also less likely to face aerial balls.

His form has been very poor this season though.

Our plan was so counter intuitive but you could see we executed it to perfection. As fans (I’m talking football fans in general), we want blood and thunder performances so dominating the ball seems to be the way we default to to win games. The stats they showed last night on MOTD were frightening. 65% possession and 22 shots to our 4. But we controlled the game without the ball. It was as well organised as I’ve seen a Spurs team and under Poch, we were well organised.

I genuinely thought we looked more dangerous than them. Not just the goals but on another couple of occasions we broke, we looked like a pass away from a great chance. They never looked like carving us open after the disallowed goal.

I also realised in the second half that I was screaming at our lads to press the ball once city got within 15 yards of our box and we weren’t doing it. We were completely focused on our shape and making sure we were set up to block them and, even if someone made a mistake, as Jose said we had the numbers to cover it.

His tactics were absolutely spot on but very un-Tottenham. I wonder how a crowd would have received it because I was struggling watching it for a while.

How many of those shots troubled us though. I thought that we did a good job of letting them have the ball where they couldn't do anything with it.

They were very poor for both of our goals. CBs getting pulled out of position by both following Kane as he drops deep. It's like they haven't watched us this season and prepped for it.

I'm not so sure. I think that he is probably better suited to playing better teams. His pace allows us to push up a bit higher and compress play. He's also less likely to face aerial balls.

His form has been very poor this season though.
It's his concentration levels for me, they are dreadful

How many of those shots troubled us though. I thought that we did a good job of letting them have the ball where they couldn't do anything with it.

They were very poor for both of our goals. CBs getting pulled out of position by both following Kane as he drops deep. It's like they haven't watched us this season and prepped for it.

Exactly my point. You look at the stats and think City battered us. You watch the game and realise we controlled it and always looked most likely to score.

I got 3/1 on Spurs and 2-1 on athleticism yesterday to win
Barca are a car crash and will get worse with the £££ issues
City... have a great DOF but don’t appear to want to recognise their on the field issues as their sticking to the same system and plan

That’s decision making isn’t it?
And he isn’t very decisive hence why he gets caught out

I think that it is a real shame that we didn't sign Rodon in time to register him for Europe. I am sure that he would've played most games and we'd have a better idea of whether he is ready. Now would be a good time for Tanganga to get fit.

Back