• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

OMT - Spurs v West Ham

Man of the match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
It’ll be City and Liverpool. City have the players, and Liverpool now have experienced winners - and bottle.
City really didn’t look they had the players yesterday or vs Leeds. They kinda limped over the line against a very blunt arsenal side.
And pool have lost their one true defender who holds their defence together. Going to be very interesting his they deal in that loss as they have no experienced Cb cover
But yeah I get your logic. In a normal season the default would be those two, is just that this is as far from normal as it gets in football terms

Matip and Gomez? Serious Relegation Hopes.
And city still look to be a WIP again
Their defence yesterday was all over the oracle once arsenal got their act together
But I guess the assumption is they will all come good for both sides
I mean I’m of the that writing off Everton or Villa now with no Europe and note even league cup for Villa to worry about would be mad.... not like it hasn’t helped some functional sides before

Its faaaaar too early to write anyone off or give over titles. I always see these statements on social media like Champions dont lose three goal leads but then equally reigning Champs dont get done over 7-2 or whatever it was. Footballs made up of a season of games not results and a few half baked cliches

Pep is in the zone Poch got into about two years ago, the players aren’t buying it anymore and he can’t be bothered to change it up, or isn’t smart enough to.

We’ve dropped points through our own stupidity, but we are the best side in the county by a distance IMO.

Last edited:
The real question is - why did we stop playing in the second half? We never started to get our act together after half time. It wasn't just the subs, we were appalling long before they came on. Our passing simply went to hell and our midfield and defense continued to give the ball away. Don't think we won a second ball all half. One of the worst 44 minutes I have seen since the Poch era ended on a whimper.

How can we go from brilliant to gash ? It is all between the ears. Credit to Spammers who played well and took full advantage. Absolutely gutted with the result but it was of our own making.

PS it was never a free kick against Aurier.

The real question is - why did we stop playing in the second half? We never started to get our act together after half time. It wasn't just the subs, we were appalling long before they came on. Our passing simply went to hell and our midfield and defense continued to give the ball away. Don't think we won a second ball all half. One of the worst 44 minutes I have seen since the Poch era ended on a whimper.

How can we go from brilliant to gash ? It is all between the ears. Credit to Spammers who played well and took full advantage. Absolutely gutted with the result but it was of our own making.

I text my pals on about 60 mins saying we needed to change our shape. Cresswell was playing left CB but was now overlapping the LWB and constantly getting in positions to hurt us (lots of openings well before the first goal). To the untrained eye it may have just looked defensive to go 3 at the back but I would have done that and then got Doherty on for Aurier and started pushing them back the other way down that side.

They targeted that area and that’s where goals 1 and 3 came from.

Not much criticism for Jose from what I can see and tbh he seems to be getting the team going but I thought that was a basic oversight.

You simply cannot afford silly free kicks against a team like that. We managed to concede from 2 of them. Aurier was between the ball and the player and somehow managed to lose his position which meant the foul then came (rightly or wrongly). The comms even mentioned Jose shouting about it. It was much easier for Aurier to win a free kick there than the West Ham player. Yet here we are.

It's all about moments. If Kane scores instead of hitting the post and Bale knocks in his chance, we win scoring 5 and it's a dream scenario. We didn't do that badly second half, the final ten minutes were the problem. Still can't believe it.

People rightly questioning the players meteorology, but so too should we be questioning that of the person who sent them out to play like that.

No one told Sissoko not to jump, Sanchez not to be so damn stupid, Winks not to give the ball to the opposition on the edge of our area ( and then not put his body on the line) Aurier not to give away fanthom free kicks or Bale not to drag his shot wide. Nor did anyone tell them to misplace passes, not win second balls and generally be second best. The players need to look at themselves

It's all about moments. If Kane scores instead of hitting the post and Bale knocks in his chance, we win scoring 5 and it's a dream scenario. We didn't do that badly second half, the final ten minutes were the problem. Still can't believe it.

Sorry, we were poor the whole of the second half. The Kane and Bale chances were isolated incidents. Spammers could have had five themselves in the second half. Once they put a man on Kane and nullified our main creativity, we were sunk. I moaned beforehand that without LoCelso, I was worried we lacked creative cover. When NDombele faded, so it proved ( unfortunately).

No one told Sissoko not to jump, Sanchez not to be so damn stupid, Winks not to give the ball to the opposition on the edge of our area ( and then not put his body on the line) Aurier not to give away fanthom free kicks or Bale not to drag his shot wide. Nor did anyone tell them to misplace passes, not win second balls and generally be second best. The players need to look at themselves

Harsh on Winks, who cleared and was about to block the second ball when block-shoved over. Davo is an easy target but Moura has to cover better and Reguilon should not be out of position in that moment. Sissoko not jumping was very poor indeed. And yes, Bale missed an easy one but he created it with absolute genius.

I agree with Bennylad, and also thought Serge should've been subbed for Doherty in the final 20.

I think we might end up learning more -and getting further this season- by blowing this match for a draw than squeezing the win.

That will be up to Mourinho; you'd expect him
to overcome these odds.

Back