• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

*** OMT.... Spurs v Toffees.....***

The best LWB at the club and has the potential to be one of the best few in the league.

He'll never fulfill that potential if he doesn't get his head sorted, I've never thought he has he right mentality to be a defender therefore his attacking play has to be top draw and it's not looking that way at the moment. He was back to being the animal trapped in the headlight last night, losing the ball far too easily.

What did he do wrong? They didn't have a shot on target. He got an assist.

Lost the ball in defence and attack, ended up on the floor a couple of times, tried a rugby tackle and failed not to good in 45 minutes. You've got to believe in yourself to be a success and he doesn't look like he does.

Suppose so but Sheringham just annoys me as (like Redknapp and Souness) he never seems to have a nice word to say about Tottenham.

Much prefer when Dawson, Crouch, Jenas or Hoddle are pundits for our matches as at least they still clearly love our club.
Think Teddy is just (logically) saying Kane has to leave if he wants to 'win em all' ...that's his experience and he thinks it translates to Kane. Of course we, ourselves, are potentially a bigger club than when Teddy was around.

The other thing is, don't get irked at the pundits, just swerve them. If they ever say anything worthwhile (not often) it'll be clipped up on twitter.

Think Teddy is just (logically) saying Kane has to leave if he wants to 'win em all' ...that's his experience and he thinks it translates to Kane. Of course we, ourselves, are potentially a bigger club than when Teddy was around.

The other thing is, don't get irked at the pundits, just swerve them. If they ever say anything worthwhile (not often) it'll be clipped up on twitter.

Its easy to get caught up in your own bubble with partisan matters like this....I think we'd all objectively suggest that Declan Rice's potential would be better fulfilled away from West Ham and likewise Phillips at Leeds and possibly even Saka at Woolwich.

Objectively if Kane wants to win league titles and play in the Champions League there are clubs better than Spurs who will help him to achieve this ambition. Therefore I cant disagree with any pundits who make this point without nuance. Where Teddy, Redknapp, Souness etc are out of touch is with the outdated concept that Spurs are a selling club and will bend over when any of the bigger clubs come calling as we were throughout the 90s and much of the 00s.

They also present the dilemma as a purely binary one whereby Kane is the sole decision maker - they rarely drill into the detail that Kane will only go IF Emirates Marketing Project submit a suitable bid commensurate with his worth to us and that there may be various financial factors and considerations that would put them off.

Everton were hopeless; there's enough of a blueprint to nulify us that teams with more limited players than Everton have been able to achieve. On paper they are a decent team who should be at least in midtable - that midfield pair of Allan and Doucoure is good.

It was evident that more patterns of play have been worked on - seeing Doherty pop up in central positions on transition was new.

We must enjoy these victories as they come - Everton were already the worst away team in the PL this season - so lets not get carried away; I still fear we will lack the consistency to tally up a sufficient number of points this season.

They also present the dilemma as a purely binary one whereby Kane is the sole decision maker - they rarely drill into the detail that Kane will only go IF Emirates Marketing Project submit a suitable bid commensurate with his worth to us and that there may be various financial factors and considerations that would put them off.
I wonder if they've heard of Daniel Levy?

Everton were hopeless; there's enough of a blueprint to nulify us that teams with more limited players than Everton have been able to achieve. On paper they are a decent team who should be at least in midtable - that midfield pair of Allan and Doucoure is good.

It was evident that more patterns of play have been worked on - seeing Doherty pop up in central positions on transition was new.

We must enjoy these victories as they come - Everton were already the worst away team in the PL this season - so lets not get carried away; I still fear we will lack the consistency to tally up a sufficient number of points this season.
It's looking simply like if we play a team that is well coached and know what they are doing (Saints, Brighton, Wolves, Burnley,WHam) there is big potential to struggle. We'll probably negate that struggle when we become better coached ourselves ie further down the line with Contes tactics and methods. And we'll then come out on top because our front 3 are miles above average.

Everton are at the beginning of a process, (I think they've got some decent players fwiw) and you're vulnerable at that point. It's all cycles BUT you need a very good manager these days to take you to a highpoint that is worth while (and even then some fans will moan:))...and they are thin on the ground. (Not fans that moan, good managers:))

There are exceptions, opponents like Leeds and Emirates Marketing Project are what I call non-standard games, due to their tactics or class.

Last edited:
It's looking simply like if we play a team that is well coached and know what they are doing (Saints, Brighton, Wolves, Burnley,WHam) there is big potential to struggle. We'll probably negate that struggle when we become better coached ourselves ie further down the line with Contes tactics and methods. And we'll then come out on top because our front 3 are miles above average.

Everton are at the beginning of a process, (I think they've got some decent players fwiw) and you're vulnerable at that point. It's all cycles BUT you need a very good manager these days to take you to a highpoint that is worth while (and even then some fans will moan:))...and they are thin on the ground.

There are exceptions, opponents like Leeds and Emirates Marketing Project are what I call non-standard games, due to their tactics or class.

True. I think we'll beat utd but lose to west ham for that reason.
Although west ham do have europa so we might have a chance.
Utd will try and play us.

True. I think we'll beat utd but lose to west ham for that reason.
Although west ham do have europa so we might have a chance.
Utd will try and play us.
Agree, I think we have a big chance up at United, they're so flaky.

West Ham are the opposite of that. I think Rice was just ill at the weekend but Bowen looked to get a bad injury?. That said even with them two missing they gave Liverpool a real game

The one disappointing thing about yesterday's performance is that after the 5th goal we seemed to coast and take it easy, I wanted us to utterly ground them into the dust. I honestly think we should have scored at least 7 goals yesterday :D
Probably instructions coming down from Levy himself - we want Everton to stay in the Prem so they can buy more of our cast-offs.

The one disappointing thing about yesterday's performance is that after the 5th goal we seemed to coast and take it easy, I wanted us to utterly ground them into the dust. I honestly think we should have scored at least 7 goals yesterday :D

Yeah, we did create some decent chances at first, but then seemed to mostly just wait for the game to finish. Thought it could have been a decent chance to work on breaking teams down as they definitely sat back more, but perhaps a decent idea to just conserve energy, not risk injuries and such?

I definitely wanted more goals though. Partly gosh difference, but mostly just for the fun of it.

One of the things I’m most pleased about this season is us finding a home for Dier, again he was commanding and comfortable yesterday. This is the best spell he’s had for about five years I’d say. Shame we got rid of Verts really as think he could cope in a 3 on the left and was a superb picker of passes. Dier must be a shout for our player of the season though I might have gone Skipp before this injury.

Back