• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

*** OMT roosters Vs Magpies ***

Man of the match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
How is it that it was not used in Europa League games then? They do what they like as long as the big boys are ok and the money rolls in.
IFAB laws or VAR? VAR is not used in all countries, not all leagues can afford it. Where it is implemented it is under UEFA control.
IFAB laws, even the brick ones like the handball rule, are used in Europa and all football.

IFAB laws or VAR? VAR is not used in all countries, not all leagues can afford it. Where it is implemented it is under UEFA control.
IFAB laws, even the brick ones like the handball rule, are used in Europa and all football.

So what you are saying is UEFA can disqualify you for not following their VAR directive, but not insist you use it, head they win tails you lose. A great case of having your cake and eating it.

I don't think that it would. As with them checking whether Carroll was inside, the earlier offence would have meant they didn't look at the second.

I’m not sure. Being offside is an offence but an inadvertent attacking handball is not unless it leads directly to a goal which it wouldn’t have done

Bound to happen at some point this season somewhere so will be interesting to see what happens

So three games down this season. We have had two of these penalties against us now. Im expecting the laws of Sod to catch up and give us one or two undeserved penalties. But I doubt we get any. They never seem to review the ones that involve our forwards. What With Rose in the Quarters against City, Sissoko in the final and these I just dont see us getting the rub of the green at all.

So three games down this season. We have had two of these penalties against us now. Im expecting the laws of Sod to catch up and give us one or two undeserved penalties. But I doubt we get any. They never seem to review the ones that involve our forwards. What With Rose in the Quarters against City, Sissoko in the final and these I just dont see us getting the rub of the green at all.
There were a few on Sunday that could have been given on the way they have interpreted it IMO

yes. There was one minutes earlier in our box that I thought they might give and they didnt. Then the one involving us right after.
Yep the one they didn’t give they would say his body was in a natural shape but I’d say putting your arms up to your midriff is no more or less natural than lifting your arms when jumping

Whaaat?? Greater leniency and Dier's would still be a pen? Sheesh, the whole football world says that wasn't a pen, yet the referees just don't understand the game.

A valuable points dropped in this match. We dominated the match and scored but failed to kill the game off and were duly punished. Our attack have to take the blame for not scoring more than 1 goal despite creating many chances. As long as we have error-prone defenders like Dier and Sanchez in the team, we cannot expect to keep the clean sheets. It was silly the way Dier conceded the penalty even if he didn't see the ball.

What happened with Kane’s sending off after 90 minutes? I thought he would be suspended? But seems not.

I was driving at the time the match played. A six hour drive up north, so I’m unsure how it played out, or what the aftermath was, as I couldn’t watch the match.

What happened with Kane’s sending off after 90 minutes? I thought he would be suspended? But seems not.

I was driving at the time the match played. A six hour drive up north, so I’m unsure how it played out, or what the aftermath was, as I couldn’t watch the match.

It wasn't Kane in the end, it was Nuno Santos the goalkeeping coach. On TV it wasn't immediately clear at whom the card was brandished, so the commentator thought it was Kane.

It wasn't Kane in the end, it was Nuno Santos the goalkeeping coach. On TV it wasn't immediately clear at whom the card was brandished, so the commentator thought it was Kane.

Thank you. I’ve been thinking that he could miss the game Sunday, so I’m pleased that he won’t.

Back