1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Thanks, scara
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Please read this post: https://www.glory-glory.co.uk/community/threads/fund-raising-for-jeremy-yermiyahu.10542/
    Dismiss Notice

***OMT: Mighty Spurs - LASK***

Discussion in 'Spurs News & Views' started by alekaras, 19 Oct 2020.

?

Man of the match

Poll closed 24 Oct 2020.
  1. Davies

13.3%
  2. Hojbjerg

20.0%
  3. Lamela

2.2%
  4. Moura

17.8%
  5. Reguilon

8.9%
  6. Sanchez

2.2%
  7. Vinicius

35.6%
  8. Winks

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. Bedfordspurs

Bedfordspurs Vic Buckingham

Lamela was really bad
    He held onto the ball like it was his baby
    I thought Doherty really struggled with his final ball too although he did get the ball right for Sons goal
    Some odd performances
    It helped we played against a really poor side

ricky2tricky4city and Pirate55 like this.
  2. MKSpur

MKSpur Terry Venables

Plus we don’t play the high line so our issues aren’t so much getting caught behind, it’s making mistakes and defending set pieces. Perhaps another issue is as good as Reggie has looked he doesn’t offer that extra support in the air davies did from lb, so having a someone used to playing as a rcb makes us more vulnerable to those crosses from the right.

SubZero likes this.
  3. Bullet

Bullet Ian Walker

Before the game, some bright wits postulated that Lamela might dawdle on the ball, and Winks might get swarmed by Linzers and lose out.
    That it happened within 30 seconds was amusing, hence me posting.

4. SteveAWOL

SteveAWOL Ian Walker

5. alekaras

alekaras The ITK of IDK

Because we're not sure if we'll make it to the knockout phase and need other results to fall our way? :confused:

6. Rorschach

Rorschach Vic Buckingham

The main positive tonight for me was the lineup really shows our squad depth now. I honestly think this is the best we've had, certainly in recent memory. The quality drop off from bonafide starters to squad players is not the cliff it used to be. If we don't win something with this squad then we never will.

7. Mikey10

Mikey10 Ruel Fox

Lacks pace. And probably height.

8. FatBloke

FatBloke Wilson Palacios

Well, I heard some of that on the radio and finally managed to catch a 10-minute highlights reel. Not ideal, but enough for me to weigh in with various opinions about Winks being brick and Lamela having no right foot.

Seriously though, Vinicius seems to be a proper player. Good awareness, strong, tenacious, can hold the ball up, play with his back to goal, and bring others into the game. Once Bale's up to speed, we'll have a set of four wonderfully complementary forwards. They're not going to be on the pitch together, but the permutations could be something else. Just when I thought Kane and Son had finally clicked into a modern interpretation of the classic old school strike partnership, along comes Vinicius who could probably partner either of them. Then there's the prospect of Bale in a 3...and I've not even mentioned Lucas and Bergwijn!

We're going to score an absolute shedload of goals this season.

Pirate55 likes this.
  9. Pirate55

Pirate55 The Last Man Standing 17/18

Still one piece in the jigsaw missing. A really dominating CB. We still look susceptible from crosses.

Good from Vini, Hoberg and Hart tonight. All in all , a great nights work. We can sleep easy.

10. Bullet

Bullet Ian Walker

Very nice - didn't realise Vinni assisted Lamela's shot that should have been buried, likewise Dele's chance which should have been buried. 4 assists would be a good night's work

11. glasgowspur

glasgowspur Frederic Kanoute

Lamela was poor, but pelters after 30 seconds, jeez.
    Were LASK any poorer than any the other smaller teams we've played, who scored and gave us problems?

Pirate55 likes this.
  12. Legohamster

Legohamster Pedro Mendes

Always think Davies looks good at CB - He has played there a bit for Wales as well.

spurrrr likes this.
  13. Bedfordspurs

LASK IMO were the least threatening side we have played in Europe for sure, although they attacked more than Newcastle

alekaras likes this.
  14. braineclipse

braineclipse Barry Daines

And we were rather good. And after the disappointment on the weekend more focused. Difficult to judge. Some other games were away, more packed fixture list and earlier in the season when we were less cohesive.

Could just be that they were worse of course.

15. braineclipse

braineclipse Barry Daines

Think it's a bit early for that. Sanches looked good against LASK too. The PL is a different issue altogether.

But good to have the option of playing Davies.

16. Daisuk

Daisuk Jimmy McCormick

Loved the massive subs bench we had yesterday, and the fact that we could use 5 of em. I hope the PL implements it soon enough as well. Should alleviate some of the hardship of playing far too many matches for a lot of players.

Mikey10 and braineclipse like this.
  17. Bedfordspurs

We did nothing wrong

18. Spur of the moment

Spur of the moment Pat van den Hauwe

Agreed. Against what was at best a Championshio level side he was not dominant enough in the air and showed that when he does get his head to the ball it can non-figuratively go anywhere.

Maybe with a run of games in that position he'd eventually get up to speed. But that's only likely if our regular CBs suffer a serious run of injuries or loss of form. We also have Tanganga to come back who, though inexperienced at top level, has looked more of a natural at CB.

I thought Sanchez had a really good game last night, hopefully a sign he is coming back to his best.

19. DeanoAustin

DeanoAustin Simon Davies

I agree but the only consolation I have here is that it's easier to teach bad defenders to defend than to teach bad attackers to create and score. And if there is one man in the world that can formulate a system that will concede less than you'd expect from its component parts it's Jose.

The other consolation I guess is that every other team is brick at centre back especially now VVD is long term injured.

Still a worry though.

K.D.D.D.D.Soc and Bedfordspurs like this.
  20. K.D.D.D.D.Soc

K.D.D.D.D.Soc Paul Stalteri

I think the Hart comment is spot on, you need to have a keeper who gives you a headache. Good defending is based on communication between the players and the keepers usually got the best view.

Pirate55 likes this.