• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Oliver Skipp

Will be a massive addition to have him back. Can rest PEH at times, can play alongside him in more challenging games, adds a home grown player.

I think PEH, Nombele, GLC, Skipp is an excellent quartet of CMs for next year, and we'll likely need to keep one of Sissoko or Winks for next season too given how attritional the CM area can be. In an ideal world, we'd sign a 5th CM and can replace both or Sissoko and Winks but given the amount of transfer activity elsewhere, I think that might have to wait another 12 months

Will be a massive addition to have him back. Can rest PEH at times, can play alongside him in more challenging games, adds a home grown player.

I think PEH, Nombele, GLC, Skipp is an excellent quartet of CMs for next year, and we'll likely need to keep one of Sissoko or Winks for next season too given how attritional the CM area can be. In an ideal world, we'd sign a 5th CM and can replace both or Sissoko and Winks but given the amount of transfer activity elsewhere, I think that might have to wait another 12 months
Agree, but I would happily sell Winks and Sissoko and give more game time to Devine or one of our other highly rated young CMs....

Please no

Please no

Need to be realistic amount number of deals which we'll do. I think one of those will be here next season (unless perhaps we're not in Europe, in which case one might be loaned out on the last day of the window if we havent been able to shift them)

I agree we will probably have to keep 1 as a backup, and tough choice but probably sell Winks as i expect english premium + age will give us greater value.

I agree we will probably have to keep 1 as a backup, and tough choice but probably sell Winks as i expect english premium + age will give us greater value.
And Sissoko seems to have a really good attitude.
He's also more versatile and effective.
Decent squad option.

We can loan Winks to Norwich. He would absolutely smash it in the Championship with a title winning team and we'd be clamouring to get him back!

While I'm not on the hype train as much as many on here about Skipp, I do think having him back next season to allow PEH a rest in easier games makes sense. I just hope whichever manager we get in views Skipp as positively as Spurs fans do.

We can loan Winks to Norwich. He would absolutely smash it in the Championship with a title winning team and we'd be clamouring to get him back!

I don't agree because when Winks played in the early rounds of Europa, CC, etc. I didn't see him smashing it against lower than Championship level quality.

The big issue with Winks (like a few in our team) and the major differentiator between him and Skipp is Winks is a passive player and that's what limits him, has he had good games? = sure, but his default is to play slow, unprogressive stuff.

Is there a hug difference in technical skill? = probably not, but it's the difference you often get with passive players in the team vs. when you stick a PEH, Lucas or Lamela in the team, Skipp has that time of energy/aggression that makes him more promising.

He is playing here now

England U21 v Switzerland U21
UEFA Under-21 Championship Group Stage
14:00
Sky Sports Main Event / Sky Sports Football

Winks is a passive player and that's what limits him, his default is to play slow, unprogressive stuff.

Is there a hug difference in technical skill? = probably not, but it's the difference you often get with passive players in the team vs. when you stick a PEH, Lucas or Lamela in the team, Skipp has that time of energy/aggression that makes him more promising.

I watched Skipp earlier for the U21s, he was neat and tidy in terms of interceptions and he cleaned up issues and gave the ball to other more progressive players. He is a good "clean up man" but he isn't some dynamic energetic game changer in terms of moving the team forwards. I rate him, but don't expect him to drive a team forwards so I wouldn't mention him in the same breath as Lucas or Lamela.

I watched Skipp earlier for the U21s, he was neat and tidy in terms of interceptions and he cleaned up issues and gave the ball to other more progressive players. He is a good "clean up man" but he isn't some dynamic energetic game changer in terms of moving the team forwards. I rate him, but don't expect him to drive a team forwards so I wouldn't mention him in the same breath as Lucas or Lamela.
It might be relative to his position. Hojberg is progressive for a DM but obviously doesn't compare to a genuine deep lying playmaker. Yet we see the world of difference in the aggression and energy of our play versus when either Sissoko or Winks play instead of him. Maybe Skipp offers something closer to Hojberg rather than the gruesome twosome.

Winks and Skipp are very similar. Not bad but not exceptional, there are many of these types in the UK.

Back