1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Thanks, scara
    Dismiss Notice

Oliver Skipp

Discussion in 'Spurs News & Views' started by Spur of the moment, 1 Aug 2018.

Tags:
  1. Bedfordspurs

Bedfordspurs Dimitar Berbatov

That’s how I saw it

We had winks as the Jorginho role and sissoko right, Skipp left. I thought Skipp was decent personally and held his own, but that’s not a view shared by everyone

Robspur12 and papaspur like this.
  2. LemonadeMoney

LemonadeMoney Frederic Kanoute

So did I.

3. parklane1

parklane1 Luka Modric

My thoughts as well, he is 18 and has a long way to go before anyone should expect him to stand out. He did not have a great game but neither did he have a poor one.

4. braineclipse

braineclipse Andy Thompson

Agreed. Mostly kept things simple on the ball, but not afraid of possession, tidy and put in a decent shift defensively against a fairly good mid table PL team.

For an 18 year old with almost no first team experience that's good enough in my book.

5. SteveAWOL

SteveAWOL Pat van den Hauwe

6. Raziel

Raziel Paul Stalteri

Skipp's 3rd start in the PL, it wasn't a calamity, as long as keeps doing what he should in training we will see him again.

My thought, this season is all bonus for the kid, next season is when we should start evaluating him a little more seriously.

Was interesting at one point to see Eriksen spending some time giving Winks directions at a break in play, that is what players like Winks & Skipp will benefit greatly from.

7. Jon

Jon Milija Aleksic

Also known as the ‘getting utterly bummed every time the opposition targets you and closes you down a bit’ role?

MKSpur likes this.
  8. Bedfordspurs

Bedfordspurs Dimitar Berbatov

Winks can handle this league

Jorginho couldn’t handle a toothbrush

9. stinkfoot

stinkfoot Gudni Bergsson

“He sees something in Skipp and with the Argentine's track record with young players that normally means big things are coming.”

Agreed