• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Old Guard/Bad Eggs - POLL ADDED

Who do you SELL?

• Aurier

Votes: 23 33.8%
  • Davies

Votes: 39 57.4%
  • Sanchez

Votes: 31 45.6%
  • Dier

Votes: 55 80.9%
  • Winks

Votes: 52 76.5%
  • Sissoko

Votes: 55 80.9%
  • Lamela

Votes: 20 29.4%
  • Moura

Votes: 8 11.8%
  • Dele

Votes: 32 47.1%

• Total voters
We don't need a rebuild. We neededa rebuild 2 years + ago but we've done a lot of the work post CL final, don't let the wrong manager being in charge distract from that.

What i will say regarding the squad is that there is definitely some fat that needs trimming and there's several players that can be moved on where we already have capable options available.

Sessegnon > Davies
Skipp > Sissoko
Tanganga > Dier
Rodon > Sanchez

That's four young players already on our books which can be used as cover without there being any obvious drop in quality - you could possibly even include the Portuguese RB that we have seen a couple of times in the EL, Lavenier bring him in, sell Doherty & Aurier and buy Aarons.

Lloris/New Gk
Aarons
/Lavenier
Regulion/Sessegnon
Alderweireld/Tanganga
New CB/Rodon
Hojbjerg/Skipp
Ndombele/New CM
GLC/New AM
Son/Bergwijn
Kane/Vinicius

Sell : Hart, Davies, Aurier, Doherty, Sanchez, Dier, Winks, Sissoko, Dele, Lamela, Moura, Bale, Foyth

13 players out, 5 players in and a leaner younger squad ready to be moulded by a modern manager free of the old squad players who seemingly are stinking the place out

Last edited:
Returning to this after the Lloris comments on the losers in the squad...

..which of these utter wastes do we flog first?

Honestly, between Dier, Sanchez, Davies, Winks, Sissoko, Hart, Dele, Aurier, Doherty...who goes first isn't a priority to me, but only that they all go.

When Trippier left, he gave interview to the Mail saying that there were things wrong behind the scenes and that it wasn't a happy place in the last year.

Lloris has now reinforced that - two years on, that problem is still in evidence, only now we have ludicrous levels of entitlement on the part of the useless reserves to think they deserve to be playing.

Something is utterly wrong behind the scenes. And it starts with these players. Something went wrong after the unity of 2016-2017, and it's down to these players, imo.

Mourinho was the attempt to make this broken team work. Now that has failed. And while I hope we left him behind in motherf*cking Zagreb to hitchhike home...

...these damaging, toxic, useless wastes of space with no ability whatsoever need to go to. My only fear is that Levy haggles over the fees and some of these human timebombs remain next season - if we have to lose Kane, if we have to lose Son, fine, but get these men out. Take whatever we can get from whichever clubs are foolish enough to offer any money, and get. Them. Out.

Step 1 is to replace Jose

Step 2 is to allow the new manager to decide. Its hard not to believe that a new man would want a new CB, another keeper and back-up CF

We don't need a rebuild. We neededa rebuild 2 years + ago but we've done a lot of the work post CL final, don't let the wrong manager being in charge distract from that.

What i will say regarding the squad is that there is definitely some fat that needs trimming and there's several players that can be moved on where we already have capable options available.

Sessegnon > Davies
Skipp > Sissoko
Tanganga > Dier
Rodon > Sanchez

That's four young players already on our books which can be used as cover without there being any obvious drop in quality - you could possibly even include the Portuguese RB that we have seen a couple of times in the EL, Lavenier bring him in, sell Doherty & Aurier and buy Aarons.

Lloris/New Gk
Aarons
/Lavenier
Regulion/Sessegnon
Alderweireld/Tanganga
New CB/Rodon
Hojbjerg/Skipp
Ndombele/New CM
GLC/New AM
Son/New WF-SS
Kane/Vinicius

Hart, Davies, Aurier, Doherty, Sanchez, Dier, Winks, Sissoko, Dele, Lamela, Moura, Bale

12 players out, 5 players in and a leaner younger squad ready to be moulded by a modern manager free of the old squad players who seemingly are stinking the place out

Largely agree with the sentiment of your post, though a couple different view on players (Dele is worth keeping if we play the right way, and Bergwijn is worth keeping due to potential).

I agree that a lot or work has been done though and getting Skipp and Sessegnon back is like two new signings, and who knows, the new man might make something of Foyth too

Largely agree with the sentiment of your post, though a couple different view on players (Dele is worth keeping if we play the right way, and Bergwijn is worth keeping due to potential).

I agree that a lot or work has been done though and getting Skipp and Sessegnon back is like two new signings, and who knows, the new man might make something of Foyth too

Forgot about Bergwijn, he should be in there as first reserve to Son.

By all accounts Foyth has been pretty garbage in Spain, i expect him to be moved on but that's another for the sell list - will edit the post

Rodon is exactly the type of young CB a side like Leicester sign and play regularly and for us to sit there thinking 'why don't we sign thise typesof players'

He looked OK when he played, but nothing outstanding

Which of course could change if he played.

But that doesn’t change the fact we wanted an experienced CB - both of our targets are sitting top of the league elsewhere

He looked OK when he played, but nothing outstanding

Which of course could change if he played.

But that doesn’t change the fact we wanted an experienced CB - both of our targets are sitting top of the league elsewhere

I agree we missed signing the experienced CB in the summer but we had a lot of work to do and overall we hit a lot of positions that needed strengthening - i think DM, Full Backs and back up CF were all high on peoples lists back in the summer, maybe even higher than CB - work continues this summer.

Jose wanted a new CB and picked out 2 - we ended up with Rodon.

The Main problem remains above.

Jose got a lot of players last summer - most of us said at the end of the window that it was far better than we expected.

The fact remains that we're playing at a lot lower level that the quality of the squad, and its just getting worse and worse

I agree we missed signing the experienced CB in the summer but we had a lot of work to do and overall we hit a lot of positions that needed strengthening - i think DM, Full Backs and back up CF were all high on peoples lists back in the summer, maybe even higher than CB - work continues this summer.
Agreed. Some of the problems were fixed this summer, but too many remain. Those stem from way back.

One problem has been a lack of funding, but that's just the reality of our situation.

No one is blameless in that, but what has happened in the transfer market in the last two windows is not the real problem.

That doesn't excuse Mourinho, but the magnitude of the job to be done when he took over is imo becoming ever more clear. Walker, Alderweireld, Vertonghen, Rose, Dembele, Wanyama/Dier and Eriksen all gone, going or in various stages of permanent decline (in their positions). With efforts to replace them falling woefully short.

It was clear as day how important two ball playing centre backs was. We spent £40m on a player that would never be that.

How it was ever decided that Sissoko would solve any of our problems I will never understand.

I really rate Ndombele and Lo Celso, I have very high hopes for Sessegnon. But spending that much on those players at that time, with no functional DM in the team, no Llorrente replacement as a backup target man, a CB crisis incoming and a lack of quality and options at both full backs I can't get my head around. Doing so knowing that all three of them would need time to settle in, bringing in no immediate solutions to our more pressing problems. What the actual fudge?

The one standout positive under Mourinho is that in the transfer market affordable solutions do here and now problems have been found. If he stays beyond this season that's one of the things that give me some belief at least.

I agree with @braineclipse the one upside is the problem is clear to see

- Dele, Dier, Sissoko, Winks, Doherty, Davies plus Rose, Foyth, CCV (yes those 3 are all still on books) -> out. Very tempted to put Toby here as I wonder re his attitude as well and he's not going to be a better player from here on out.

I truly find it hilarious in a team of mental weaklings with questionable work ethic people want to sell Lamela and Lucas (they are the only ones who have given a brick all season), they have to stay another season until we are sure we have new players with right attitude.

- PEH, Ndombele, Lo Celso, Kane, Son are the core of the team
- Sanchez, Rodon, Aurier, Lloris, Bergwijn all fall into let next manager evaluate
- Skipp and Sess are pretty obvious ways of filling role at no cost and no impact to HG challenge.

Money must be spent on a CB

Sessegnon > Davies
Skipp > Sissoko
Tanganga > Dier
Rodon > Sanchez

Lloris/New Gk
Aarons
/Lavenier
Regulion/Sessegnon
Alderweireld/Tanganga
New CB/Rodon
Hojbjerg/Skipp
Ndombele/New CM
GLC/New AM
Son/Bergwijn
Kane/Vinicius

Sell : Hart, Davies, Aurier, Doherty, Sanchez, Dier, Winks, Sissoko, Dele, Lamela, Moura, Bale, Foyth

13 players out, 5 players in and a leaner younger squad ready to be moulded by a modern manager free of the old squad players who seemingly are stinking the place out
We're not going to keep Vinicius, unless the fee is more than 50% reduced.

Sessegnon > Davies
Skipp > Sissoko
Tanganga > Dier
Rodon > Sanchez

Lloris/New Gk
Aarons
/Lavenier
Regulion/Sessegnon
Alderweireld/Tanganga
New CB/Rodon
Hojbjerg/Skipp
Ndombele/New CM
GLC/New AM
Son/Bergwijn
Kane/Vinicius

I would keep Dele and Sanchez unless the price was very high.

So for me see below. This isn’t Football Manager, so not easy to achieve, but this revamp would leave us younger, hungrier and pacier. And, crucially, technically a LOT more comfortable in possession!

- New GK, new GK
- New RB, new RB
- New CB, new CB
- Tanganga, Rodon
- Reguillon, Sessegnon
- Hojbjerg, Skipp
- N,Dombele, New CM
- Lo Celso, Devine
- New RWF, Bergwijn
- Kane, Scarlett
- Son, new LWF

Signings (combination of)
- GK Johnstone / Pope / Henderson
- RB Aarons / Bogle?
- CB Andersen / White
- CM Cantwell (the next Grealish Maddison who will go on to great things) / Knight (Derby)?
- WF Lookman / Raphinha / Neto / Olise
- CF Ings

Back