• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

*** Official TV Thread ***

Every film ever made, within reason. Decades of top-notch drama. WW3 covered in depth by the commentariat. There has never been more choice on our streaming services. And yet all week, my wife and I have been glued to Is It Cake?

O tempora. O mores.

Every film ever made, within reason. Decades of top-notch drama. WW3 covered in depth by the commentariat. There has never been more choice on our streaming services. And yet all week, my wife and I have been glued to Is It Cake?

O tempora. O mores.
My daughter loves that programme

Don't waste one second of your life on Amazon's Moonfall. I enjoy sci-fi, bailed out early on this lame dreck. Wife stuck it out and said later 'You were right'.

Have you (or anyone else) ever seen Firefly? I quite liked Mandalorian and Boba Fett, but I thought they were inferior, in both characters and plot, to Firefly.

Firefly is exactly as you described above
Great characters too

Firefly was pretty decent. Serenity, too. But as space drama series go, neither come close to The Expanse.

Just the attention to little details, practical adaptations, on The Expanse is amazing. There's no gravity in space, so characters routinely wear magnetically-capable boots, practical in what are often metallic, industrial environments. And where there is gravity, it can be employed as a weapon. Ships don't fire lasers or bullets, they have magnetically-charged rail guns. The food apparently sucks.

One thing I often wonder about in many space dramas is how inhabitants of these largely metallic space ships often seem to operate in living-room comfort when metals usually conduct cold efficiently and space is as cold as it gets.

Last edited:
Firefly was pretty decent. Serenity, too. But as space drama series go, neither come close to The Expanse.

Just the attention to little details, practical adaptations, on The Expanse is amazing. There's no gravity in space, so characters routinely wear magnetically-capable boots, practical in what are often metallic, industrial environments. And where there is gravity, it can be employed as a weapon. Ships don't fire lasers or bullets, they have magnetically-charged rail guns. The food apparently sucks.

One thing I often wonder about in many space dramas is how inhabitants of these largely metallic space ships often seem to operate in living-room comfort when metals usually conduct cold efficiently and space is as cold as it gets.

There is 2 different types of sci fi. Scientifically based (2001...) or fantasy based (star wars...). Either can be good or bad. But it's all subjective.

As for living room comfort i guess they have central heating.

There is 2 different types of sci fi. Scientifically based (2001...) or fantasy based (star wars...). Either can be good or bad. But it's all subjective.

As for living room comfort i guess they have central heating.
Those things are probably super insulated and heated by body heat/reclaimed rocket heat.

Upload, season 2 underway on Amazon Primo.

First season was an unexpected treat. Fun premise - about a place where you pre-arrange to have your soul (well, personality anyway) uploaded to when you die. Digital upgrades for one's existence available for $$$. Without it, could spend your virtual eternity in a low-res hell. Hoping S2 goes as well.

I read this comment a couple of days ago and decided to give it a go. I have just finished episode 6, and I loved it. Great chemistry between the two leads and Andy Allo could be my Angel anytime.

I read this comment a couple of days ago and decided to give it a go. I have just finished episode 6, and I loved it. Great chemistry between the two leads and Andy Allo could be my Angel anytime.
Have you only watched season 1?
It’s quality
I haven’t quite got back into 2 yet

Back