• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

*** Official TV Thread ***

100% agree. It has lovely balance. Not sure if they stumbled on that? It certainly looks natural and not engineered.

A lot more natural than grand tour or top gear. But a lot of the ideas are done for entertainment value. But the problems they face and the way they deal with it seems very genuine.

Anyway thought it was great and can't wait for season 2.

Just binge watched it. Fantastic. By far the best thing clarkson has done.

Think they started with the gimmicks (Lamborghini tractor). Then just let it go. Yes jeremy can still be a twit but it hit you in the feels. Very funny, but informative and sad at times. Brilliant.
I'm not a fan of Clarkson but I'll give it watch based on this recommendation.

Just watched the first couple of episodes. It is great. Thoroughly enjoying it.

I have a few farmers in the family, so not a complete noob, but I did learn plenty (except from the guy repairing the wall who I couldn't understand at all).

Think there is a youtube vid that gives him subtitles. When you do understand what he's saying it's quite informative.

But yep, without subtitles aint got a clue.

Just watching The North Water with Colin Farrell and Jack O'Connell, pretty sure it came out on BBC a few months back just got it On Demand here in Oz. Very dark and atmospheric with plenty of violence thrown in.

got to say I'm loving it, last episode to watch tonight.

Trawling something to watch on the iPlayer while I was couch bound with Covid....and decided to give Ordinary Lives a go. It's about 6(?) Years old but very good. Finished the 2 series now.

Finished Clarkson's Farm last night. It started as a reluctant watch as I can't stand Clarkson but based on feedback here thought I'd give it a go. And I was pleasantly surprised. By episode 3 I thought he had reverted to his more usual annoying self, but once I put that to one side I really enjoyed it. Some genuinely funny moments, even if more than a little contrived at times.
There's been a few mentions of Gerald here, but I thought Kaleb was excellent, and you felt that they really came to enjoy the jibes and insults going back and forth between them as the series progressed. It ended up as quite the double act.
A second series seems inevitable but I wonder if it wouldn't be better left where this one ended.

Finished Clarkson's Farm last night. It started as a reluctant watch as I can't stand Clarkson but based on feedback here thought I'd give it a go. And I was pleasantly surprised. By episode 3 I thought he had reverted to his more usual annoying self, but once I put that to one side I really enjoyed it. Some genuinely funny moments, even if more than a little contrived at times.
There's been a few mentions of Gerald here, but I thought Kaleb was excellent, and you felt that they really came to enjoy the jibes and insults going back and forth between them as the series progressed. It ended up as quite the double act.
A second series seems inevitable but I wonder if it wouldn't be better left where this one ended.

They were all good. Charlie and lisa were both lovely too.

We have just watched The Sinner, what a load of brick and so slow. Sadly the old lady liked it so i have had to suffer it.

We have just watched The Sinner, what a load of brick and so slow. Sadly the old lady liked it so i have had to suffer it.
My misses enjoyed it. I was not a fan . In total agreement with you , utter gash.
So we started season 2 . Did not get far before she decided it was crap. Second series is abysmal

yet to start Cobra Kai, which i cannot wait to get back to.

However, if you're not watching Succession, then maybe the TV thread isn't for you. Brilliant. Still on S3 so no spoilers por favor.

Back