• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

*Official Match Thread* Tottenham Hotspur vs Norwich

why has my avatar changed? we didn't fudging lose :lol: .. you mods are as bad as the drama queen boo boys. :ross:

again you sho yur ignorance. the fact he has no international youth caps is entirely the point....i reckon there are no players in or around any of our competitors with a playerwho has no youth caps...find me another...he wasnt quality as a youth ...so where has he come from? and why is he deemed giodd enough by anyone...he has no pedigree....no talent to command a place in front of us....how is he deemed good enough? because heisnt.......he will end up at a lower side within a few years so i ask again why do you deem him good enough now? is he as good as even chelsea, man yoos cieth's arsenal 6th choice defensive midfieler?? i sufgest not...s why is he stinking out our first team?

Again, if I'm showing ignorance, I'll take my chances alongside the other ignorant people who have chosen him o be part of squads the last 14 months. Just admit you hate the bloke and this has clouded your judgement yet further. Glad you have a spacegoat. I would say I wonder who's next, but I've seen you slowly warming the pot for Sandro elsewhere...

Really disappointed. Thought we will do enough to beat Norwich at home. But with our attack being so toothless, midfield lacking creativity and defence error prone, it is not surprising we are winless in 3 matches now. Too bad that even a world class debut goal from Dembele couldn't help us win. Unfortunately, we always need to score more than 1 goal to win matches nowadays as we always concede goals.

But it was encouraging to see Dembele scoring from midfield. Maybe he can replace Modric after all. But selling VDV looks like a big blunder now as Sigurdson is still struggling to settle in. This match proves we should have signed a creative midfielder like Moutinho and atleast 1 striker. Defoe and Adebayor are not going to get us many goals this season as they are too clumsy in front of goal.

I think AVB did nothing much wrong in team selection except for playing Livermore. He shouldn't have started Livermore who is error prone and should have replaced him with Dembele instead of Sandro. Livermore stupidly conceded the freekick which resulted in Norwich's goal. I thought it was the right decision to bring on Hudd for Defoe to strengthen the midfield. I think if not for Livermore's stupidity we would have won. It was a harsh red card for Hudd as it was not a dangerous tackle.

So, 3 matches without a win and AVB is under pressure already. But you cannot fully blame AVB yet. I think we badly missed King, Modric, Parker and VDV. They are the core of a good team and it is not easy replacing them. Hopefully the new players like Dembele and Dempsey can improve the team in the coming matches.

Re: O/T Morison

its the referees that allow such behaviour.
for what is the richest league and possibly the best football in the world, the refreeing standards and support structure is nothing short of appalling.

Re: O/T Morison

its the referees that allow such behaviour.
for what is the richest league and possibly the best football in the world, the refreeing standards and support structure is nothing short of appalling.

Halsey was awful yesterday, got everything wrong. If he hadn't recovered from cancer I think he would have been retired/relegated by now. They are making exceptions for him, its sad but ultimately unfair.

Re: Bad substitution two weeks in a row

It's not just the substitutions, if he picked the correct team in the first place he wouldn't need to make them. Home game you don't play 2 defensive midfielders. Leave Livermore on the bench, then when he wants to close a game out he can bring Livermore on instead of Jenas/Huddlestone. Away from home I think it's going to be a good system, especially when Parker is fit, but I have a worry it will be Parker in for Sandro

he did actually play well yes. but was pretty easy for him. was always going to have a good game against us, every single player that leaves us automatically gets boosted when they play against us because we fudge off a lot of players we sign by not playing them.

I didnt watch the game today, we were celebrating my daughters birthday.

The best I could do was a combination of this thread and the awful Matt Le Tissier (who hates us) on SSN.

My hope is that its the case of getting his squad and team together - right now he is probably still testing and assessing things. It is only a hope though, if he persists it will become a concern.

Leadership issues? King and VDV were big personalities on the field for us, and with some new guys perhaps it is a problem. Hopefully not a lasting one but time will tell.

I think that the lack of leaders on the pitch is an issue at the moment what with King and VdV gone plus Kaboul and Parker out injured. Hopefully Vertonghen, Lloris, Dempsey and Dembeley will bring some of those qualities once they establish themselves in our squad.

Back