• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

*** Official Film Thread ***

Jurassic World. Wow, they went full Star Wars. Absolute garbage. One stupid action set piece after another with a good dose of sentimental nostalgia. There were also some dinosaurs. A coherent story? Who needs that, guy who tames dinosaurs meets guy who was on the old island. Not surprised to see that the guy who wrote it also contributed to Rise of Skywalker. Not even Jeff Goldblum could save this turd.

A fan has re-edited the obi wan tv series into a 2 and a half hour film. Not seen the series but a lot of people seem to think it's an improvement, including variety and john campea. He posted it on his own website https://app.frame.io/presentations/e4dcdaa6-33d9-4c22-a0e6-3590c03c12a3

As a one off film, enjoyed it. But
as part of the star wars franchise (that i have totally fallen out of love with) i hate it. If in a fair fight obi wan can keep kicking vaders arse (the chosen one), yoda can batter the emeror. What is the point of luke? Just for me makes the whole story pointless.

Last edited:
Re: that Star Wars spoiler above.

The force wasn’t enough alone, love and compassion was needed to defeat Palpatine too, both times.

Vader and Luke were needed. And in turn Leia and her son.

Re: that Star Wars spoiler above.

The force wasn’t enough alone, love and compassion was needed to defeat Palpatine too, both times.

Vader and Luke were needed. And in turn Leia and her son.

High ground seemed to be enough in the prequels. I'm done.

Is it me, or have films been crap all year so far?

I guess we're in a period when all the pre-covid leftovers have been released and we're waiting for the post-covid stuff to come out.

I don't anything has appealed since Licorice Pizza and Nightmare Alley back in January.

I guess we're in a period when all the pre-covid leftovers have been released and we're waiting for the post-covid stuff to come out.

I don't anything has appealed since Licorice Pizza and Nightmare Alley back in January.

The northman was meant to be good. Not seen it yet though.

It was pants !!!

I enjoyed it. Not up there with The VVitch or The Lighthouse but still great to see such an auteur being given a lavish budget to make a weird blockbuster.
Flopped at the box office, of course, but I still think Eggers is the best young director out there.

Everything Everywhere All At Once was similarly refreshing in its creativity and is well worth a watch, although it could have done with being 20 minutes shorter (as could most films these days, it seems).

I know what you mean. You only have to look at the calibre of films at the Oscars for the last couple of years to see that the standard has declined. It used to be a running joke that they tend to pick films that virtue signal but would also nominate some crowd pleasers or gritty films but now it seems like they only nominate films that virtue signal. Even some of the Marvel films since Endgame have been a bit weak. I loved No Way Home, but there is possibly an element of fatigue with the number of superhero films that are released and perhaps a bit of a hangover since the end of phase 3.

For what it’s worth I really enjoyed Palm Springs, although that came out last year.

Watched Thor: Love and Thunder last night. I’d give it 3/5. Not as good as Ragnarok by a long way. Think they need to end this phase, reboot the whole universe and start again. With the exception of No Way Home which is my favourite MCU film excluding the Avengers films, it feels like a bit of a comedown since Endgame. Maybe unwise of me to doubt Kevin Feige but I don’t know where else they can go.

Back