1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Thanks, scara
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Please read this post: https://www.glory-glory.co.uk/community/threads/fund-raising-for-jeremy-yermiyahu.10542/
    Dismiss Notice

Nuno Espírito Santo - Sacked

Discussion in 'Spurs News & Views' started by Denmark Spur, 30 Jun 2021.

1. Bedfordspurs

Bedfordspurs Bert Bliss

I think he so seeing what the players can’t and can’t do
    Today he had us compact and we concede a shocker as the midfield don’t run with the man (same as last season)
    Kills any game plan quickly
    The second and third were counters again where midfield was exposed
    He now knows he can’t play dele and Tanguy in CM

2. DeanoAustin

DeanoAustin Paul Stalteri

I'm his first NLD didn't we draw 1-1 and look the better side. Wasnt Dembele fouled for a pen or am I completely misremembering?

Edit: no you're right.

3. djp82

djp82 Roman Pavlyuchenko

Forget we got SB to come back as well

Bedfordspurs likes this.
  4. elyid

elyid Ruel Fox

One thing I can defend Nuno with is that he's trying to persevere with players that haven't delivered for a while, in the hope that they start improving or he finds a system that fits them.

Dele, Dier, Sanchez, Ndombele and even Lo Celso are all picked in the hope they start improving.

I'm willing to give him a chance if he drops those that show they simply don't have it in them.

i.e. Dele has been given chances but is done, at best give him 20 mins as a sub.
    Dier & Sanchez have had more than enough chances and aren't ever going to be world class so lets build around Romero.

If he sticks with the same players despite them not delivering then I'd agree he should go.

monkeybarry likes this.
  5. relic58

relic58 Guest

It is too early to get rid of Nuno just yet. Dont get me wrong I am not a big fan of him, so far he has not impressed me. Time to get the basics right, players in their correct positions for starters. But maybe put Kane in midfield, who knows we might get a bid from city for him if he does well. Drop Nob-belly. Replacing the manager is a big job, there is the whole backroom staff etc. to replace as well. I think Nuno needs some help/advice, but who can give it? On paper we have an easy match on thursday, followed by a resergent Villa at the weekend. WIn both of those comfortably and we will be smiling again. We all know Nuno is just a stop gap, kind of feel sorry for him in a way. But he must stop his stupid team selections and keep it simple. Motivation comes from the manager, is he just too nice/weak? as for the players where is the pride, the desire to do well?

6. Baleforce

Baleforce Micky Hazard

There is an influence in that dressing room, greater than the manager, that has decided we are are not going to put the work in, it’s already seen off Poch and Jose, with all due respect to Nuno, he’s not at their level. We either let the manager manage and bin off the troublemaker(s), or we just keep replacing the manager until they retire or leave.

SteveAWOL, Robbo, monkeybarry and 2 others like this.
  7. billyiddo

billyiddo George Hunt Staff Member

He's the man in the job, no ones stopping him from doing that?

That's my point, the right manager will do what needs to be done, the pretenders will have excuses made for them

AdamB likes this.
  8. Baleforce

Baleforce Micky Hazard

He’s been here 5 minutes, he needs the message that “everyone gets a fair chance” to be true, else he’s only making trouble for the future.

Also, the considered wisdom is that it takes 6 months to feel comfortable in any management job (normals too, not just football).

The transfer window is shut, even if he’s decided on some already he may need the bodies until January,

Bishop, Robbo, harr1984 and 3 others like this.
  9. Bedfordspurs

Bedfordspurs Bert Bliss

Not one Spurs fan I’ve heard wanted Nuno as manager this summer, not one

most were not happy but had warmed up to him
    Some accepted him on the basis it wasn’t Jose
    Some actually liked the idea of him

but in reality with everyone knowing he was 8th choice the expectations haven’t changed just the culprit

I don’t know why he is sticking with certain players and systems (he never played 4-3-3 at Wolves until last season).

someone said the other day they would take Hasenhutl. Quite scary to want a manager who hasn’t won a league game this season but that shows how some people feel about him

SteveAWOL, Robbo, Robspur12 and 3 others like this.
  10. glasgowspur

glasgowspur Paul Robinson

If it meant getting in a complete fudgewit like Gattusso for six months it would be worth it if we got rid of the chancer(s).

11. billyiddo

billyiddo George Hunt Staff Member

Ok, not disagreeing with that?

12. monkeybarry

monkeybarry Steffen Iversen

I did

13. Bedfordspurs

Bedfordspurs Bert Bliss

Wow
    I don’t remember so I’ll apologise
    I was quite happy with Fonseca
    I said in January I wanted potter and only @StephenH jumped on that one

14. SouthStand322

SouthStand322 David Kerslake

I thought he would be a good appointment considering the other options available

Bedfordspurs likes this.
  15. AdamB

AdamB Gary Stevens

I dont usually believe the 'he's lost the dressing room' type comments along the lines of those which have started to appear here and in other threads.

However, given Gary Neville's closeness with Kane, I think these comments are telling:

Suggests to me that there could be some truth in that the players dont like the tactics (mind you, who would like being told to sit back) and that he's started to lose the players

16. Baleforce

Baleforce Micky Hazard

no way any of these fudgers, least of all Kane, want to be playing high press again

Mooresinho, harr1984 and Legohamster like this.
  17. Legohamster

Legohamster Christian Ziege

I find that very debatable.

Can you imagine this squad doing that?

harr1984 likes this.
  18. AdamB

AdamB Gary Stevens

I can certainly believe that they want to be on the front foot more. Whether that is necessarily a high press or not, I don't find it hard to believe that players want to be taking the game to the opponent more, rather than sitting back and holding a shape

19. nerdved

nerdved William Gallas

20th in the ‘distance covered’ table but collectively yearning for a return to the high press? Ok.

20. Kandi1977

Kandi1977 Paul Stewart

I think you have the wrong idea of what a high press means. It doesn't need to involve running around at full pelt all game. The basis is that the whole teams starting position is higher up the pitch, and that you overload the area around where the ball is. Done the right way, You don't have to run more with a high press. Slightly more short sprints, perhaps, but the overall workload isn't really any higher. You win the ball back higher up the pitch more often, so don't have to retreat as far back.

DubSpur and Robspur12 like this.