• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Tottenham Hotspur Stadium - Licence To Stand

Or perhaps you were wrong and the club would have accepted less. But there weren’t any takers. Wonder what the reasons for the Olympic Stadium not getting a sponsor are.

Sitting on my porcelain throne using glory-glory.co.uk mobile app
The word going round the corporations was that we had an extremely unrealistic valuation of £25m a season….

The reasons why no deal for Olympic stadium?

1. It’s a brick stadium
2. It has a brick anchor tennant who are in Europe once every 30 years or so.
3. It is already known as the Olympic stadium

The primary reason though is that the LLDC made the same mistake Levy made and overvalued their hand (they turned down a £5m a year deal about 4 years ago).

Eddie Hearn, Matchroom Sport Chairman, said: Olympic Gold vs. Olympic Gold, Unified World Heavyweight Champion vs. Undisputed Cruiserweight World Champion this one has it all and I can’t wait to stage this huge event in front of over 60,000 at the stunning Tottenham Hotspur Stadium on September 25."

IBTLD?
If Levy can do a deal with Eddie Hearn to host a couple of major boxing events every year it should help push up the value of the naming rights or at least help get a deal.
Hopefully once it's shown that the stadium can successfully host these venues it'll make more companies interested.

If Levy can do a deal with Eddie Hearn to host a couple of major boxing events every year it should help push up the value of the naming rights or at least help get a deal.
Hopefully once it's shown that the stadium can successfully host these venues it'll make more companies interested.

Boxing, NFL, Rugby Union, premier League football, gigs. We haven’t had a run at it yet. I guess Levy wanted to show much the stadium was in use and how many different sets of people would use it before settling on a naming deal. Although now post pandemic I guess some extra cash might be more important than getting the top end deal he wanted.

Boxing, NFL, Rugby Union, premier League football, gigs. We haven’t had a run at it yet. I guess Levy wanted to show much the stadium was in use and how many different sets of people would use it before settling on a naming deal. Although now post pandemic I guess some extra cash might be more important than getting the top end deal he wanted.
By far and away the two biggest entities from a sponsorship pov are premier League and NFL. With the Prem a given, the plan was to be an established NFL venue (probably up to 4 games by now) giving any sponsor a truly unique (and hence a potentially market leading chunk of wedge for us) worldwide opportunity to have attachment and exposure from the two most moneyed and watched leagues in the world.

100% sound thinking...then covid.

By far and away the two biggest entities from a sponsorship pov are premier League and NFL. With the Prem a given, the plan was to be an established NFL venue (probably up to 4 games by now) giving any sponsor a truly unique (and hence a potentially market leading chunk of wedge for us) worldwide opportunity to have attachment and exposure from the two most moneyed and watched leagues in the world.

100% sound thinking...then covid.
And how could any capable chairman not know about a global pandemic
That’s awful planning

Got round to watching the Hammond documentary Big about the stadium. Soo impressive, certainly something to be proud of and WILL start printing money for us soon.

Back