• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Neymar

The days of Norman "Bites Yer Legs" Hunter and Chopper Harris are long gone, no need to get upset about it now. "Dirty" Leeds may be the only club to have a statue - Bremner, but our Dave sorted him out. :)

However diving, rolling about, etc needs sorted.

Wasting his time in France. Paris is a brickhole and Ligue 1 is a one horse race. He can roll around on the grass as much as he likes but no one is watching.

whilst the likes of best should be commended, imo not enough is being done to question former players for some of their disgraceful attempts at assault. much like individuals from history who are having their statues taken down surely some of these players from the mid 1900s need to be seriously questioned. its amazing how some of these guys are still seen as heroes or cult figures.

Different times, different values, game belonged to the working classes and media and money hadn't taken over.

theres still a long way to go in terms of cutting out thuggish behavior in football. my analogy would be that people who suffer from racism today shouldnt have to put up with it just because there was more racism back in the 50s.

Would you justify invented claims of being subjected to racists comments? That would be the appropriate use of your analogy in defending Neymar''s play-acting when he isn't touched.

The days of Norman "Bites Yer Legs" Hunter and Chopper Harris are long gone, no need to get upset about it now. "Dirty" Leeds may be the only club to have a statue - Bremner, but our Dave sorted him out. :)

However diving, rolling about, etc needs sorted.

upload_2018-7-23_17-13-9.jpeg

Indeed he did, Bremner was a pussy who used every snide trick in the game to wind people up. I was at that game and after that event Bremner went nowhere near Dave during the rest of the game..

View attachment 4764

Indeed he did, Bremner was a pussy who used every snide trick in the game to wind people up. I was at that game and after that event Bremner went nowhere near Dave during the rest of the game..

And for the younger fans who may not know, Dave disliked that picture as he said it was out of line with the type of player he was ( he was one of the hardest players i have seen but never dirty). However that was following on from his return from breaking the same leg twice ( in those days a Brocken leg usually meant the end of you playing days), Bremner kicked him on the same leg and he lost it for one minute.

And for the younger fans who may not know, Dave disliked that picture as he said it was out of line with the type of player he was ( he was one of the hardest players i have seen but never dirty). However that was following on from his return from breaking the same leg twice ( in those days a Brocken leg usually meant the end of you playing days), Bremner kicked him on the same leg and he lost it for one minute.
Was his first game back I believe as well.

Would you justify invented claims of being subjected to racists comments? That would be the appropriate use of your analogy in defending Neymar''s play-acting when he isn't touched.

no i wouldnt justify that. but the analogy could be switched to neymar shouting out about every incident of racism, however minor, in order to bring awareness to his plight. how many incidents of unadulterated diving by neymar were there this worldcup? i'm pretty sure there was contact in every situation he went down (although i do admit many were very minor).

Different times, different values, game belonged to the working classes and media and money hadn't taken over.

different times, different values, but they should still be judged harshly.

i like how bad behaviour of the past is being judged with a more critical eye in society today. hopefully this judgment doesnt pass over the behaviour of ex-footballers. some of which was downright criminal

"Society today" likes to judge everything by its own standards little aware that in 40 to 50 years time it and they will be cast as criminals or reactionaries. I've always been a left wing liberal but can see what a fudge up most of the views I held to be right being implemented without the necessary clear minded planning, resources and education.

"Society today" likes to judge everything by its own standards little aware that in 40 to 50 years time it and they will be cast as criminals or reactionaries. I've always been a left wing liberal but can see what a fudge up most of the views I held to be right being implemented without the necessary clear minded planning, resources and education.

completely agree, however the direction in which the zeitgeist is moving is quite clear, and some ex-footballers really need to be judged more harshly imo

Back