• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Next Manager?

If we hire someone immediately or go for interim, another question. Of course probably more noise if RB go out against Pool next week (makes Nagelsmann "available")

Yes indeed external circumstances may dictate Levy's hand as I'm sure Mourinho's availability had an impact of Poch departure. For example if Klopp was to leave imminently it will have ramifications for any club considering a new manager.

Red Bull are second in the league, JN isn’t going till the summer at the earliest.

I don't know, Bayern had a horrible start to the season and have already caught up, in a month or two they could be well out of sight as expected.

JN might bring some decent knowledge of players in German league as a bonus

I don't know, Bayern had a horrible start to the season and have already caught up, in a month or two they could be well out of sight as expected.

JN might bring some decent knowledge of players in German league as a bonus

Think they play each other soon?

you might be right, but I still doubt he would leave mid season, he will want to finish the season just in case

Isn’t there rumours of ZZ going at Madrid as well?

he would be stupid to jump.

We would have to throw a lot of money at him and red bull

Tells you everything you need to know about some of our lot.

What would worry me lost if if players are happy being vocal off the pitch in private but havent got the balls to be vocal on it... the lack of on pitch talking and leadership in our team is staggering currently

What would worry me lost if if players are happy being vocal off the pitch in private but havent got the balls to be vocal on it... the lack of on pitch talking and leadership in our team is staggering currently

Not just ours, very few leaders around anymore. It is why I'm so interested in Knight at Derby, he has a touch of the Roy Keane about him.

First time?

People complain about Spurs at times, but Atletico and Madrid are often absolute dross to watch.

First time, this season, yes
Used to enjoy their tenacity and organisational prowess. They just looked poor last night.

Paper dross -> https://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport...rendan-23553018.amp?__twitter_impression=true

Supposedly we were "offered" JN, and Rodgers is next option
This part of that piece is a bit worrying:
“I think for a long, long, long, long time that we have problems in the team that I cannot resolve”. The Portuguese wanted more of the season's recruitment budget to be allocated to a central defender.

It suggests that (yet again) those that make transfers at the club are not fulfilling the manager's wishes.

If true though then at least it does show that Jose was fully aware before the season that our central defensive options were a complete shambles.

This part of that piece is a bit worrying:
“I think for a long, long, long, long time that we have problems in the team that I cannot resolve”. The Portuguese wanted more of the season's recruitment budget to be allocated to a central defender.

It suggests that (yet again) those that make transfers at the club are not fulfilling the manager's wishes.

If true though then at least it does show that Jose was fully aware before the season that our central defensive options were a complete shambles.

at the time he was quite OTT with his praise of the backing he had in the summer iirc (and the quality of the squad in general) iirc "he couldn't be happier"

at the time he was quite OTT with his praise of the backing he had in the summer iirc (and the quality of the squad in general) iirc "he couldn't be happier"

What do you want him to come out with? I wanted Skirinar and Diaz but got in Rodon instead and he is not what i wanted? Surely even with blinkers on can see what he wanted and what he got. If you want to go back he was actually happy that we signed Reguilon and Doherty when he made those comments and were in for the above two mentioned.

What do you want him to come out with? I wanted Skirinar and Diaz but got in Rodon instead and he is not what i wanted? Surely even with blinkers on can see what he wanted and what he got. If you want to go back he was actually happy that we signed Reguilon and Doherty when he made those comments and were in for the above two mentioned.

What i want is him to get on with doing his job, finding a solution to the current mess we're in rather than pointing the finger at everyone else.

Regarding what gets said surely you can see, even with blinkers on, that when you are so enthusiastic about backing and the level of quality you have at the outset that to then complain about such things when it goes wrong is just after timing?

Last edited:
First time?

People complain about Spurs at times, but Atletico and Madrid are often absolute dross to watch.
There was a bit on BBC (I think) about how he'd reinvented them this year, gone 3-4-3/3-5-2 and started banging the goals in. Then after the Chelsea game it sounded like he'd done the usual flat back 9.

Here's the fluff:
https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/56154118

Strangely seems to have gone for a Burton from the European football pages shortly after full-time.

I'm not actually concerned about who he got.... It is more that he wanted more of the budget to be spent on that position.

Back