1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Thanks, scara
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Please read this post: https://www.glory-glory.co.uk/community/threads/fund-raising-for-jeremy-yermiyahu.10542/
    Dismiss Notice

Next Manager?

Discussion in 'Classic Threads' started by StephenH, 29 Jan 2021.

1. milo

milo Jack L. Jones

Players that we are most heavily linked with right now and their agents:

Takehiro Tomiyasu - UDN SPORTS
    Jules Kounde - ESN
    Milan Skriniar - A relative
    Joachim Andersen - ICM Stellar Sports
    Tariq Lamptey - A relative
    Max Aarons - Darren Dein
    Franck Kessie - Ambition Group
    Joaquin Correa - Alessandro Lucci - WSA
    Dusan Vlahovic - INTERNATIONAL SPORTS OFFICE

2. Kandi1977

Kandi1977 Les Howe

Because Mendes is squeezing the balls of many many clubs, and would get Paratici in at any one of them should he become unwanted here.
    I don't think you really understand how much influence and power those parasite agents have. It's very concerning.

metalgear, Modric THFC and Gutter Boy like this.
  3. Bedfordspurs

Bedfordspurs Jack L. Jones

We need a deal with A relative

StephenH and milo like this.
  4. milo

milo Jack L. Jones

Not likely. That's the clam who has been stirring up all the brick with Kane

spurrrr and ShipOfTheseus like this.
  5. Bedfordspurs

Bedfordspurs Jack L. Jones

Nah he is A knob

Dicko likes this.
  6. K.D.D.D.D.Soc

K.D.D.D.D.Soc Nick Barmby

Someone who's won the CL at least a couple of times plus numerous titles and cups as I'm completely delusional.

LincsSpur likes this.
  7. DubSpur

DubSpur Tim Sherwood

And does anyone really believe that Levy will let him have that much free reign to spend money like that?

Lilbaz and harr1984 like this.
  8. Gutter Boy

Gutter Boy Tim Sherwood

It's a massive corruption racket. It's much bigger than one career at one club.

Mendes has probably already promised him president of Madrid within 5 years if he does his bidding for him while with us

metalgear and Modric THFC like this.
  9. milo

milo Jack L. Jones

Ronaldo is the only Mendes player at Juve. Nuno is going to have very little say on transfers. Even under the last manager, who has very close links to Mendes, we only signed one of his players on a permanent deal. I think that you're getting your knickers in a twist about nothing

DubSpur and Baleforce like this.
  10. Crab.C.Nesbitt

Crab.C.Nesbitt Clive Wilson

No no you can't say that, if you do:

A. you have no idea of the hard times in the 90s and naughties; and
    B. you are mentally fragile.

Didn't you get the memo?o_O that's the think speak on here!

Last edited: 30 Jun 2021
    P.D. likes this.
  11. Kandi1977

Kandi1977 Les Howe

Knob is his middle name. His surname is Brother.

Bedfordspurs likes this.
  12. DTA

DTA Tim Sherwood

You got a list of all the clubs that Mendes has destroyed? It's only that City seems to have quite a few of his players and they are doing OK. Liverpool as well. Wolves seemed to do quite well out of the association as well... but I'm open to your point of view... I will wait for that list.

13. SpurMeUp

SpurMeUp Andy Thompson

Added their positions. They are the positions and types of players you'd expect us to be going for. Santo has worked with Doherty, but with Aurier off, we'd need another player anyway. One or even two CBs is essential business you'd imagine. Always hoped Dier would come good. Just feel he needed a couple of years playing at CB at a lower level to really bed into the position. Maybe was a little mismanaged by Poch in this sense. Odd one out is Kessie a midfielder, but many felt we needed more in the middle, but I guess it depends on Skipp, and if we shift Winks and Sissoko. We won't take up the expensive option on Vinicious, so another forward makes sense too.

JerusalemMan and milo like this.
  14. milo

milo Jack L. Jones

The number of Mendes players at Wolves has nothing to do with Mendes. It is down to the relationship between the owners and Mendes. They closely involved him in recruitment in order to fast track their progress.

15. BrainOfLevy

BrainOfLevy Michael Carrick

But Doherty was neither crap, young or Portuguese? So where does something like that fit?

It might help to have someone like Mendes who can fix things for us. Where there are second order effects of who he can get for us, because he does a favour for another third party. Of course we’d have to be careful that we didn’t take the ability to sell at our price out of our hands, but I’m struggling to see why we shouldn’t milk it for all it’s worth?

I don’t fully understand the corruption angle. He’s clearly a very good, very influential agent. He’d probably argue he earns his fees given the sway he has to make a player choose one club over another. His influence is what makes him interesting - he’s not an order taker, more a genuine mover and shaker. I quite like having someone like him on our side.

Again, I’m not saying there wouldn’t be risks. I’m just struggling to quantify them seriously in my head right now.

JerusalemMan likes this.
  16. robhotspur67

robhotspur67 Chris Gunter

Sometimes fans do my nut in..ive grown up watching some wonderful players at spurs.. Unfortunately not enough to create a formidable team. Thru the 70s,80s,90s spurs were a team with very limited resources but we always tried to play nice football.. With hoddle, waddle, Anderton, ginola, Gascoigne, ardilles we've had some beautiful football to watch but let's get real here.. Before sir Harry came to spurs we were a 7th-12th place club. Financially we were teetering on the edge.. Harry & poch took us to within grasp of the top.. Levy has stabilised us financially and built us a ground befitting of one of the top clubs in the world. Financially we are in the top 10 in the world.. But we aren't there just yet.. Levy rolled the dice with mourinho, anyone that knows anything about football knew mourinho was a mistake.. In the last decade we have established ourselves as a 3rd-6th place club.. Its been wonderful to watch.. WE ARE NOT REAL MADRID.. yes Levy made a mistake with mourinho.. But really, mancini was going to leave the Italian national team in a world Cup year.. REALLY.. conte would have left within a year having p**sed everyone off, demanding 8 new players ....Gérard & ten hag have unfinished buisness.. Even if nuno only gets us into europa league, he has steadied the ship and we can go again, striving to reach the summit.. Hopefully in 6 months the tottenham faithful will be singing dexys midnight runners "whhoooaaaoo nuno". COYS.

thfcsteff, Raziel, spurrrr and 3 others like this.
  17. JerusalemMan

JerusalemMan John Lacy

[​IMG]

metalgear and K.D.D.D.D.Soc like this.