• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Next Manager?

Difficult to see positives in the current manager hunt turned manager circus.

The only thing for me would be that Levy is at least persistent and not getting pushed into anything he's not happy with to avoid short term scrutiny or ridicule.

For that to be an actual positive the final decision has to be a good and successful one. But the club will be well aware of how this process makes us look, and they're not just giving in to that pressure and just getting a deal done that they otherwise wouldn't have wanted.

It's a dumpster fire though. The time to plan and work in the market and for the preseason and season will be limited by this.

The only thing for me would be that Levy is at least persistent and not getting pushed into anything he's not happy with to avoid short term scrutiny or ridicule.

For that to be an actual positive the final decision has to be a good and successful one. But the club will be well aware of how this process makes us look, and they're not just giving in to that pressure and just getting a deal done that they otherwise wouldn't have wanted.

It's a dumpster fire though. The time to plan and work in the market and for the preseason and season will be limited by this.

Just the exact way Levy loves to operate and then cry wolf about being the only club in the world that have had to be careful in the market.

That f**ker never could pick a manager. Best ignored even if it is legit.

Also not such a great businessman that he sold something for 40m that twenty years later was worth a billion. Also if he was a clever businessman and spurs fan he would have realised with a bit of an investment he would have made more money and we would have won something.

It doesn't look good, and the timing is a problem but as others have expressed, we simply don't know.

Our DoF is not "officially" in role for two more days, while he has probably had significant input on upcoming decisions, as a club we would have to very careful (legally/tax/visas) projecting him doing work before official start date.

IF (and big if) they have been working in the background and make the right decisions, then the PR/Circus is irrelevant, the concern is more does smoke = fire?

I agree with this. There is something in the fact that we won’t be pushed into making a bad decision because of fear of negative headlines that I quite admire. And the last time we really took our time and thought about it, we landed Poch. So hopefully we will get someone just right for us here.

I still think sacking Poch to land in this situation is one of the worst football decisions ever made, but I like that we won’t be pushed around into doing something that might not be right for us. I also hope Paratici and Levy are aligned.

It doesn't look good, and the timing is a problem but as others have expressed, we simply don't know.

Our DoF is not "officially" in role for two more days, while he has probably had significant input on upcoming decisions, as a club we would have to very careful (legally/tax/visas) projecting him doing work before official start date.

IF (and big if) they have been working in the background and make the right decisions, then the PR/Circus is irrelevant, the concern is more does smoke = fire?
Obviously I would prefer someone in place now, but I’ll judge it on the outcome rather than the rumour.

Back