• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

New Director of Football Administration

combative exec director, well out, I know a few people have a few choice things to say about Ms. Cullen

REBECCA.jpg

Rebecca Caplehorn

Rebecca is a chartered accountant and is currently the Finance Director at Premier League football club, Queens Park Rangers.

Rebecca began her finance career in the health service and is a product of the NHS Graduate Financial Management Training Scheme. Having successfully obtained her accountancy qualification, Rebecca undertook a number of roles within the NHS before moving to The Lawn Tennis Association. She joined QPR in 2009 and hugely enjoys being involved in professional sport on a daily basis.

Rebecca graduated from Loughborough University with a joint honours degree in Physical Education, Sports Science and Mathematics.

bigsplashtrust.org/rebecca-caplehorn/

QPR's finances aren't the strongest it has to be said.

To be fair, that is unlikely to be her fault.

Given Harry's fondness for spending and Tony Fernandes' willingness to oblige him, she probably had to spend most of her time firefighting.

Given Harry's fondness for spending and Tony Fernandes' willingness to oblige him, she probably had to spend most of her time firefighting.

I think QPR got into most of their financial woes before Redknapp arrived

Is she fit?

"Rebecca Caplehorn

Rebecca is a chartered accountant and is currently the Finance Director at Premier League football club, Queens Park Rangers.

Rebecca began her finance career in the health service and is a product of the NHS Graduate Financial Management Training Scheme. Having successfully obtained her accountancy qualification, Rebecca undertook a number of roles within the NHS before moving to The Lawn Tennis Association. She joined QPR in 2009 and hugely enjoys being involved in professional sport on a daily basis.

Rebecca graduated from Loughborough University with a joint honours degree in Physical Education, Sports Science and Mathematics.

bigsplashtrust.org/rebecca-caplehorn/"

Probably.
Or isn't that what you meant?

I think QPR got into most of their financial woes before Redknapp arrived

I would imagine that their overspend has continued pretty much unabated since Harry's arrival.

Regardless, the point remains that none of it would have been Rebecca Caplehorn's responsibility. She would merely have been tasked with managing the club's finances as best she could given Tony Fernandes' naive (or careless) willingness to oblige his managers.

And you can take that as a given.

I think this was more the case the last time they came up and that last desperate winter window before relegation under Redknapp. They've been far more circumspect this time. After the Remy sale, a 6 million net summer spend, wasn't it? And nothing after relegation last season I think it is clear now that Redknapp actually isn't all that good spending the big bucks. Portsmouth made 25 million profit on his transfers and they tended to signed for between the 5 and 10 million mark with the aim, for the most part, of simply establishing them in the division. Or at least the best value ones did, ie Muntari, Diarra, Johnson etc. When it started to go bigger, the value seemed to fall. It was much the same at West Ham. Di Canio, Marc Foe, Lomas, Hartson (before he ruined his knee and got fat). But then he largely wasted the Ferdinand money.

That said, I'd still rather Redknapp had got the Bale money to spend as lot more in the mould of Crouch, Defoe, Keane, Bassong would be preferable to the shambles that we had instead.

Back