• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Nacer Chadli

Re: Nacer Chadli ***Official***

Been really excited by this link when we were first linked to him and really excited by the signing. Love the team we are building - tall, powerful, quick and with two powerful wide forwards that love to cut in and shoot. With Paulinho's late runs into the box we could be in for quite a few goals scored by Spurs next season.

so do we expect to see him as a starter next season?

And Chadli is apparently adept at playing on either flank which allows him to switch with Bale.

I am sad though that this seems to spell the end of Lennon in the regular first team. :(. He has always excited me with his pace and skills.

Still the death of one day, is the dawn of next and let's hope that that day is a glorified day for our team. :D

nice one done in the dark by the club.
i wonder if the benteke deal was just a smokescreen?

chadli+lennon+townsend = both wings covered.
ade+defoe+bale+deuce = strikers covered
sandro + dembele + paulinho + parker = center mid covered.

we don't have to buy.

Strikers definitely not covered! Would not be happy starting with those.

I didnt know moutinho was a winger

people say that Chadli is best in an attacking central midfield position......so we have Pauline, Siggy, and Chadders who can fulfill this role when needs be

Our squad as it stands:

Lloris Friedel Gomes

Walker Naughton
Kaboul Dawson
Vertonghen Caulker
Ekotto Rose

Sandro Parker Livermore
Dembele Holtby Carroll Huddlestone
Paulinho Sigurdsson

Bale Lennon Townsend
Chadli Dempsey Falque

Adebayor Defoe

Last edited:

Hmmmm have we ever officially announced a possible signing without agreeing terms?

I remember us doing this with Gomes, thought it was a bit weird at the time. I guess the agreement must be close and we are just ironing out a few details of the contract as opposed to any major disparities in the wage demands like what happened with Moutinho. The logic behind this I guess would be to a) show the rest of the world that we mean business and are strengthening our squad and b) to show Valencia or whoever we're negotiating with for a new striker that we have already spent £24m this summer and they need to lower their demands.

Looks reasonably promising from the youtube videos. We'll have to see what that equates to. I imagine he'll start the season on the bench and then if he does well when he comes on then he'll push Lennon for a starting place, or in some games we may end up playing them both with Bale through the middle and perhaps Sigurdsson behind them.

Good good a real winger with a strong shoot. Lennon will feel the competition and hopefully raise his game. Now sell some players and get Benteke in and we have had best window in a long long time.

Last edited:

20 goals in 80 apps for Twente, not to bad for a winger.

Good good a real winger with a strong shoot. Lennon will feel the competition and hopefully raise his game. Now sell some players and get Benteke in and we have had best window in a long long time.
The Benteke who has just signed a new deal with Villa and would be practically impossible to get now?

I have just listened to an excellent review on this kid by Dutch football expert Marcel van Der Kraan on Talksport. He said we should be absolutely delighted with this signing and went on to rave about him big time. I am really looking forward to seeing him play. He can play on both flanks, although he tends to prefer cutting in from the left with his right foot and can also play in the number 10 role

Our squad as it stands:

Lloris Friedel Gomes

Walker Naughton
Kaboul Dawson
Vertonghen Caulker
Ekotto Rose

Sandro Parker Livermore
Dembele Holtby Carroll Huddlestone
Paulinho Sigurdsson

Bale Lennon Townsend
Chadli Dempsey Falque

Adebayor Defoe

Carroll's the only one there who would qualify as under 21, isn't he? Two too many for a 25-man squad?

Chadli, Townsend, Lennon and Bale - nice to see we now have options on the flanks

The logic behind this I guess would be to a) show the rest of the world that we mean business and are strengthening our squad and b) to show Valencia or whoever we're negotiating with for a new striker that we have already spent £24m this summer and they need to lower their demands.

Why would a club lower their asking price just because we've spent money elsewhere. Surely they will just say tough luck.

Never seen him play but young and Belgian seems to be working well generally these days.

Carroll's the only one there who would qualify as under 21, isn't he? Two too many for a 25-man squad?

I volunteer Livermore for a start. And unfortunately for Hudd I think he will have to move it wants regular first team football

Back