• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

My band's debut EP

elltrev

Andy Sinton
I'm not sure if this kind of thing's allowed, but I'd love to share my band's debut EP with everyone:

https://soundcloud.com/atlasfury

I'd describe the genre as alternative rock with a hint of 80s cheese, but would be interested to hear others' descriptions!

We're just a two-piece - I play drums, my mate does lead vocals, and we share guitar / bass / backing vocals between us.

Would love to hear everyone's thoughts! And feel free to share on any social media you use :D

Well done Elliot Trevor, sounds like 4 or 5 humans, not 2.

The first one sounds a bit like Lost Prophets which is meant as a compliment / a good thing (apart from what Ian Watkins got up to in his spare time).

Strong American influence, assuming you're a Brit.

Second one a bit like Paramore? Not sure, not really my genre. Would say it is firmly between rock and alternative rock... not very alternative, but not hair metal rock out rock.

Third one is a bit like Paramore / Green Day. Ooh, that line "When hearts of gold go off the rails, we know that evil has prevailed" - that's a bit cheese. Very hair metal.

The first one sounds a bit like Lost Prophets which is meant as a compliment / a good thing (apart from what Ian Watkins got up to in his spare time).

Second one a bit like Paramore? Not sure, not really my genre. Would say it is firmly between rock and alternative rock... not very alternative, but not hair metal rock out rock.

Third one is a bit like Paramore / Green Day. Ooh, that line "When hearts of gold go off the rails, we know that evil has prevailed" - that's a bit cheese. Very hair metal.

I'll take the comparisons, thanks - indeed Paramore are one of my favourite bands of this genre!

We are indeed very American influenced. I wish we were more British influenced, but we came of age in the late 90s / early 00s when American alternative rock was all the rage, so it's stuck with us since then! Just can't enjoy indie or more old-school rock as much unfortunately.

Saying that, I don't listen to this kind of music that much anymore - we actually wrote most of these songs between 2004 and 2007!

Thanks for listening - genuinely interesting to hear someone's objective thoughts, as we've mostly just heard from friends saying 'it's great!' or similar.

There used to be a brilliant website called Garageband.com, where amateur / independent bands uploaded and reviewed each other's music. Sadly it shut down a few years back, and hasn't been replaced. It was a brilliant concept.

I second this. Arrangements are cool, and what stood out to me was how strong the production values are. It sounds excellent. As Bullet says, this sounds like a band for sure (not a duo) and as for the American influence, I'm not entirely sure I agree as it certainly has enough of it's own Britishness to hold firm. Dynamics in "Blood On Your Hands" are great, sounded like the sort of thing I could imagine hearing at Leeds or Reading. Keep rolling. Keep writing. And I hope upon hope you're preparing to gig, because right now, that is how your band could grow tenfold, both on and off the proverbial pitch!

It's what song writers refer to as the 'moon in June' i.e., obvious patterns of rhyme.

Last edited:
Not bad mate, I'll give a little more feedback once I've listened to it a couple of times.

But as above, production quality seems good.

Back