1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Thanks, scara
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Please read this post: https://www.glory-glory.co.uk/community/threads/fund-raising-for-jeremy-yermiyahu.10542/
    Dismiss Notice

Moussa Sissoko

Discussion in 'Classic Threads' started by Jordinho, 31 Aug 2016.

1. Seedy Ron

Seedy Ron Steve Carr

I've no ill will towards him, but we overpaid Fat Mike massively, and apparently overpaid him massively too ever since, so all the best Moose, and nice work Fabio.

2. Robbo

Robbo Chris Perry

Looks good. Cheeky bid? o_O

3. Robspur12

Robspur12 Paul Stalteri

To illustrate how important the big man could be for us I remember a crucial game away to Palace circa 2018. In the first half Zaha had been giving Kyle Walker a torrid time and it looked like Palace might beat us. On came Moussa for the second half to help out Walker on the right and it became a case of "Wilfred who?" We won eventually thanks to a late Eriksen screamer but we owed as much that day to the job Moussa did on Zaha.

Thank you big man and all the best at Watford.

Last edited: 27 Aug 2021
  4. Baleforce

Baleforce Steve Archibald

That’s a lovely video they’ve put together there, so many great little moments of effectiveness.

Often they’ll just be made up boring goals, ignoring the more important parts of the game.

Left out the pass that made that Moura goal though.

Robspur12, johnola, thfcsteff and 2 others like this.
  5. nelto

nelto Niko Kranjcar

Couple of games of note for me that I was at.

Newcastle 2013, sat in the East Stand, remember Moussa (playing on the right) and Jan (playing lb that day) battling each other in a titanic tussle. We lost unfortunately and Moussa was a real handful.

Southampton 2019. Moussa moved to right back after Aurier was sent off. Backs to the wall performance and I genuinely thought that the big man had finally found his position as a right back.

Anyway, I can't say that I'm sad to see him go, I don't think that he was ever good enough for us, but I do wish him well at Watford.

6. metalgear

metalgear Ian Walker

Can't blame sissoko for that awkward flick or ateempt to play the stupid handball rule as scum we know they are.
    Sent from my SM-T865 using glory-glory.co.uk mobile app

papaspur and afsoc4life like this.
  7. metalgear

metalgear Ian Walker

8. Kandi1977

Kandi1977 Les Howe

The GOAT is gone. I'm actually a little bit sad. All the best Moussa! Think he'll do well for Watford.

Robbo, spasm, metalgear and 3 others like this.
  9. MKSpur

MKSpur Johnny Morrison

I think the resolve he has to turn around that period of his career is something I respect.

Regardless of the fact that I thought he was a poor signing as he was part of a pool of players we signed with limited technical ability that stopped us controlling games, there are plenty of other players with much more talent who could do with showing half the application he did, even within our squad and for that reason I wish him all the best at Watford.

10. SteveAWOL

SteveAWOL Andy Thompson

11. seaside spur

seaside spur Radek Cerny

Ha ha.
    Never in a million years will anybody pay £10m for Doherty. Hold me to that.
    Easily £20m for Aurier ? £5-10m absolute max. He's been for sale all summer, no takers.
    I'm glad you're not in charge of selling our players with those prices!

Bedfordspurs likes this.
  12. Yiddo

Yiddo Steffen Iversen

We would 100% get £10m for Doherty if we got any less it would be shocking. As for Aurier he will still get between £15m - £20m all day long.

Mosquito_Coasting likes this.
  13. SteveAWOL

SteveAWOL Andy Thompson

14. seaside spur

seaside spur Radek Cerny

Well, we will have to agree to disagree and we will only know when the day they are sold comes.