• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Mousa Dembele

there isn't a good player in there, there's a fudging great one, if someone could help him play up to his ability and physicality he'd be the best player in the PL by some margin

there isn't a good player in there, there's a fudgeing great one, if someone could help him play up to his ability and physicality he'd be the best player in the PL by some margin

Agreed. I'd love to see him shoot more too. He's got a rocket in his boot.

there isn't a good player in there, there's a fudgeing great one, if someone could help him play up to his ability and physicality he'd be the best player in the PL by some margin

I just wonder if it's a bit too late for him. If he was 5 years younger and didn't have his hip issues, perhaps he would be ripe for Poch to turn into something exceptional

I really hope Poch can get Dembele to drive into the box more. So many times, he starts a run, beats a man and it opens up for him. GO INTO THE BOX! But then he sorta stops. With his ability to go past people, he could win about 80 pens a season.
Somebody' obviously told Dembele that opposition penalty boxes contain kryptonite.

Another very good performance today. In fine form. And he got into the box once and scored a goal. There is a first for everything.

I agree that he could have helped out the two men behind him more, especially in the first half when we were outnumbered often. But surely he played where Pochettino wanted him to play, otherwise Poch would have changed things around.

Yeah. For all his technique on the ball, he's got no vision whatsoever and is mentally a bit slow.

I think he lacks confidence as well, if he just decided that every time he got the ball he was gonna dribble to the D and shoot he'd score 3 or 4 every game

I love the way he is playing at the moment. Yes he still holds onto too long sometimes. But his ability to hold onto the ball and glide past players is underrated. It is allowing the others around him to move from side to side and rotate whilst he is always an option to give it to in the last third.

People take his ability to beat people for granted. I dont think it's a coincidence the team is peaking and he is in the side. The emergence of Kane and the system clicking.

I love the way he is playing at the moment. Yes he still holds onto too long sometimes. But his ability to hold onto the ball and glide past players is underrated. It is allowing the others around him to move from side to side and rotate whilst he is always an option to give it to in the last third.

People take his ability to beat people for granted. I dont think it's a coincidence the team is peaking and he is in the side. The emergence of Kane and the system clicking.

I just wish he could understand that he can beat anyone he wants every time, any match up you put him in (with the possible exception of Yaya Toure) he's gonna be the quicker, stronger more talented player

He was the best player on the pitch IMO

They had NO answer for him which is why I was appealed at Poch subbing him

I was impressed with Can and Ibe but Demeble was MOTOM for me

I think that what people call "slowing the play down" is actually very important in certain games. The games against the best teams in particular. Tonight, Dembele was the one player in our team we could rely on the keep hold of the ball for us. It was a game that went end-to-end, it was riddled with mistakes, from both sides, but when we got the ball to Dembele, he had a good first touch, had the strength to hold his man man off, turned him, dribbled a man and then all of a sudden we were in possession in Liverpool's half. The match was chaotic, but Dembele took the sting out of it at times when we were under the cosh, and made sure we had a spell of possession in Liverpool's half. I don't think everything needs to be at a hundred miles an hour all the time. Not in these games. Sometimes it is important to slow things down a little, keep hold of the ball and build an attack.

He has ability but he doesn't want to go right side or use his right foot, hence he tries to retain possession by going back or sideways.

I would play him Instead of Bentaleb at LCM. He is defensively stronger more determined. Bentaleb is often too late getting into position. No surprise the goals came from that side.

This would allow us to play Eriksen where he is most effective.

Two backward passing midfielders is too much for me.

He has ability but he doesn't want to go right side or use his right foot, hence he tries to retain possession by going back or sideways.

I would play him Instead of Bentaleb at LCM. He is defensively stronger more determined. Bentaleb is often too late getting into position. No surprise the goals came from that side.

This would allow us to play Eriksen where he is most effective.

Two backward passing midfielders is too much for me.

Based on what?
Him and Capoue were both reckoned to be good defensively because they looked like what most english football fans think a traditional dm looks like.

The same way Lamela is expected to be more creative than Dembele because of his haircut, and Kane is just a thick as brick centre forward that got lucky according to half of twitter because of his appearance.

dembele is a player's nightmare to mark. strong and excellent close control, always capable of making the marker look the fool. then you have the next player always anticipating when to leave his position to help...

we finally look threatening in attack with some bite - that's all down to dembele being there. maybe slowing things down but in a good way! if anything i think our left and right midfielders are slow! eriksen especially doesntt have the speed to take it down the wing full flight to stretch the defences.

I think that what people call "slowing the play down" is actually very important in certain games. The games against the best teams in particular. Tonight, Dembele was the one player in our team we could rely on the keep hold of the ball for us. It was a game that went end-to-end, it was riddled with mistakes, from both sides, but when we got the ball to Dembele, he had a good first touch, had the strength to hold his man man off, turned him, dribbled a man and then all of a sudden we were in possession in Liverpool's half. The match was chaotic, but Dembele took the sting out of it at times when we were under the cosh, and made sure we had a spell of possession in Liverpool's half. I don't think everything needs to be at a hundred miles an hour all the time. Not in these games. Sometimes it is important to slow things down a little, keep hold of the ball and build an attack.
This.... 100%. Dembele was our best midfield player and in fact our best player last night. It was only because of him that we got to play any football in their half. Completely deserving of his place in the team at the moment. Poch's decision to take him off was baffling (as were all 3 of his subs to be fair).

dembele is a player's nightmare to mark. strong and excellent close control, always capable of making the marker look the fool. then you have the next player always anticipating when to leave his position to help...

we finally look threatening in attack with some bite - that's all down to dembele being there. maybe slowing things down but in a good way! if anything i think our left and right midfielders are slow! eriksen especially doesntt have the speed to take it down the wing full flight to stretch the defences.

The best way to mark someone like him is actually just to stand off and let him beat himself. The old Wanchope trick

The best way to mark someone like him is actually just to stand off and let him beat himself. The old Wanchope trick
Sorry mate but that's rubbish. He may not possess the attributes you deem to be part of a successful unit, but you do him a great disservice by saying things like that. The guy is clearly incredibly talented. In his last 3 games as a more advanced midfielder he has been involved in 3 goals (1. Won free kick Eriksen goal v West Brom 2) Assist for Kane v West Brom 3) Header from corner v Arsenal which Kane then scored) and has 1 himself (v Liverpool). On top of which he had a MOTM performance v Sheff United.

Pochettino's Tottenham is a meritocracy. He has Dembele in the side right now because his form warrants it. Even you acknowledged that in your match ratings.

Back