• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Mould

Boonie

Gus Poyet
Spotted some damp patches on my Son's bedroom wall yesterday (where wall meets ceiling, on external wall) and on closer inspection and the removal of some posters found black mould!

Any ideas what is causing this as the room does not seem cold or damp, also what action should I take?

I'd imagine it's just because of the moisture in the air (drying clothes inside etc) and the cold wall (with it being external). The posters probably trap the air, prevent any sort of breeze keeping the air moving, so condensation, then mould.

Used to get the same at my parents house with a built in wardrobe which was on an external wall.

As for a solution, Dehumidifier?

we get this, as has been said its seems just to be moisture, since cleaning it all up about 3 months ago and leaving the window on vent its not come back

I'd imagine it's just because of the moisture in the air (drying clothes inside etc) and the cold wall (with it being external). The posters probably trap the air, prevent any sort of breeze keeping the air moving, so condensation, then mould.

Used to get the same at my parents house with a built in wardrobe which was on an external wall.

As for a solution, Dehumidifier?

Yep if you suffer from condensation then mould will follow. Getting air through is good but mould is not dangerous if removed quickly, so when you dust or hoover just run a damp cloth over the area where the mould is then a dry cloth afterwards and all is fine. Remember especailly to do this if your coming up to sell.

Thanks chaps, I think the ventilation is lacking upstairs to be honest. There are no trickle vents in any of the windows and the bathroom and kitchen (downstairs admittidly) are both air vent free. Looks like some DIY when the weather finally breaks.

Back