• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Money - Do we have it?

Well Remy hasn't gone anywhere yet:

http://soccernet.espn.go.com/news/s...its-interest-in-marseille's-loic-remy?cc=5739

It seems we do have money to spend though, otherwise what the fudge is Harry watching him for?

Of course we have money to spend.

He watched Remy because it was clear as day that Pavlychenko was lined up to leave and we needed to find a replacement. There was also rumours of Defoe to Liverpool/Toons. Losing both would have left a massive hole. In the end we only needed to replace #4 striker and lets be honest, everyone doesn't want to spoend 15m on a 4th choice. Either experienced free or a youth product is what was in order. We opted for Sah/Experiencea. Kane went on loan to Millwall.

Last edited:
You wont be able to get this years account given that we've been taken private (unless we end up being owned by a UK incorporated company, which I doubt, and file accounts at companies house, in which case you will be able to see a small amount of the detail)

I could be wrong but I believe that as Spurs were a plc for part of the year they will have to file the next set of accounts at the same level of detail as previously.

People have forgotten the absolutely ludicrous behavior of Redknapp last august, when he suddenly turned around with one week of the window left and basically did everything he could to fudge Modric off out the door for 40 million to Chelski having said he agreed with the chairman's stance and that Modric was too important to sell. As with a lot of Harry's wild contradictions, he was NEVER questioned by his Fleet Street buddies about this...very VERY bizarre and very VERY Harry...in fact, he is CONSTANTLY opening his trap and obliquely trying to put Levy in the brick-can...before anyone pops off, as long as he's our manager, he gets my support, but by now, nobody should blind to the shenanigans and charades he pulls. Just look at his quotes today, where he "suddenly" comes out and says that "oh yes, well, people around me say the England speculation has affected me but I wouldn't know"...a tailor-fudging-made EXCUSE, when he'd have got a lot more favor from everyone if he'd just come out and done something about it all in late Feb i.e. either told the FA that yes, he'd hitch his skirt for the gig and let him know then, or fudge them off IN PUBLIC until the end of the season. Instead he tried to play both sides of the fence, getting his cronies to stoke the media fires and clamor whilst letting our season slide like a bobsleigh on vaselined ice...I'd better stop, I'm starting to get really fudging angry THINKING about it. I hope someone does a fudging book about it one day!

Be careful what you say about Redknapp, you will be accused of being a internet warrior by some :lol:

Be careful what you say about Redknapp, you will be accused of being a internet warrior by some :lol:

Its fricken boring now

10 points ÔÇô minor violation - niggling, taking threads off topic, carrying on disputes across threads, taking the man not the ball, frivolous reporting of posts, arguing with administrator actions (expires after two months)

Its ruining the MB

Its like looking after a bunch of 5 years olds. Fooking tedius.

Already happened...I will say though mate, that Sheikh made a very good point with regards to my only going so far with things before getting cryptic. I really should either STFU or deliver the full monty. I've chosen to STFU. I wish nothing more than to be proven wrong and ridiculed. Sadly, this is the real world isn't it mate...Best, Steff

Doesn't mean we don't want him or that Harry doesn't want him. Maybe Harry does want him, but Levy won't buy him.

http://www1.skysports.com/football/news/11095/7468510/Marseille-snub-Spurs-Remy-offer

Reports from France indicate that was a 20 mil bid turned down.

As for our money, we have plenty of money... But if we don't qualify for the CL this season, I don't our transfer kitty getting bigger, it's more likely to drop.

It's a shame we couldn't have "sold" Harry for 10-15 mil to England, assuming we didn't spend a huge amount on a new manager, that would have helped.

Already happened...I will say though mate, that Sheikh made a very good point with regards to my only going so far with things before getting cryptic. I really should either STFU or deliver the full monty. I've chosen to STFU. I wish nothing more than to be proven wrong and ridiculed. Sadly, this is the real world isn't it mate...Best, Steff

I'd been thinking the same as Sheik regarding your posts. No patrony intended, your response was excellent. Much appreciated.

We've always had money.....prices continue to go up.....not spent CL money......yeah we've got money. Why we haven't invested in the team last 3 windows I'd like to know but this summer we need a major signing in. No questions asked.

Here's an interesting table comparing different wage expenditure between sports clubs (not only football)

http://espn.go.com/espn/story/_/id/...telligence-global-salary-survey-espn-magazine

We're ranked 51st with an annual wage bill per player of around $3.8m (around 2.3m in Pounds) and average weekly pay of around $73k (around 45k in Pounds).

Total payroll is estimated at around $95m (or 59m Pounds).

We were also ranked 110th last year which indicates an increase of 59 places!

Doesn't mean we don't want him or that Harry doesn't want him. Maybe Harry does want him, but Levy won't buy him.

only the other day you insinuated that levy does NOT apply that sort of power over transfers.

for him to do the quoted would he have now morphed into the DoF you said he wasn't?

It's a shame we couldn't have "sold" Harry for 10-15 mil to England, assuming we didn't spend a huge amount on a new manager, that would have helped.

But the FA never wanted Redknapp in the first place because of the KK situation happening again. The only ones who thought he was nailed on for the job were his pals in the media, and those that belive everything they read.

What about it? I just don't believe that Levy would buy a player without consulting Harry first. Are you saying he would?

if he's taking over the role of commolli (see relationship between commolli and JOl) then its possible he can identify a target and then inform harry after, then buy the player once harry has had his input.

Here's an interesting table comparing different wage expenditure between sports clubs (not only football)

http://espn.go.com/espn/story/_/id/...telligence-global-salary-survey-espn-magazine

We're ranked 51st with an annual wage bill per player of around $3.8m (around 2.3m in Pounds) and average weekly pay of around $73k (around 45k in Pounds).

Total payroll is estimated at around $95m (or 59m Pounds).

We were also ranked 110th last year which indicates an increase of 59 places!

When I see the wage bills of Chelsea and City and their respective fanbase, they have to fall foul of FFP, right? Maybe I am being naive.

Edit: O/T I watched Moneyball last night. Excellent movie I thought.

Back