• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Modric?

As long as most of our signings aren’t old, then surely we can make an exception. How many of us really want Dembele to be moved on? And yet, he’s of a similar age to Modric. To be successful I think you need a good blend of experience and youth. Manchester United may have proved that you can win with kids, but they are an exception, like Leicester City winning the Premier League in spite of being out played in most matches.

We should seek to sign mostly players who are pre peak of their career/peak of their career, but can make exceptions for the right player.

I fit on the side if Dembele leaves or stays I am ok, his powers are def on the slide.

I think players at the club who are on the journey from 28/29 onwards are different to signing 32 year olds.

I fit on the side if Dembele leaves or stays I am ok, his powers are def on the slide.

I think players at the club who are on the journey from 28/29 onwards are different to signing 32 year olds.
So if we had Modric now, we should get rid of him because he's too old, despite being the best mf in the world. Because basically, that's what you are saying.

So if we had Modric now, we should get rid of him because he's too old, despite being the best mf in the world. Because basically, that's what you are saying.
Would be amazing to have Modric back. Even in his mid-30s he could comfortably be the difference between winning trophies and finishing runners-up. Question is whether Levy is too obsessed with sell-on value to cough up?

He plays for Madrid though, so he'll get a royal pardon.

If he was a Barca player he'd be rotting in gaol with the Catalan politicians.

Actually, isn't Popescu still in prison?

Last edited:
Last edited:
nope loads of their fans hate him and there was a fair bit of backlash to him being captain - a percentage (how much depends on the source) were hoping Croatia crashed out due to the situation.

google MODRIC / HATED (i.e. https://www.independent.co.uk/sport...-zdravko-mamic-trial-court-case-a7790026.html)

I always knew he was known for being very thick. That article makes him seem someone who has been (and is still being) exploited, rather than complicit; but I'm sure there's more to it.

I always knew he was known for being very thick. That article makes him seem someone who has been (and is still being) exploited, rather than complicit; but I'm sure there's more to it.
in the first instance exploited its the fact he lied in the recent court case that has got peoples backs up - Mamic has less power than he once had - he is not getting done for the dodgy contract annex but lying about it in court.

I have been following with interest as I am a big fan of Luka.

I only caught part of the game last night, but he's still such a class player, looks like he's got plenty of seasons left in him.

Uses the ball really well keeping it moving, & there were a couple of times in injury time I think when he just glided past 2 or 3 players.

If there's a chance of getting him back I think we should try, he'd make our midfield tick again.

I don't think we could make a more important signing than Modric. He's exactly what we need in midfield.

That run to prevent the ball from going out of play after 115 minutes of football and 120 in the game before. If that's what a soon-to-be 33-year old gets you, I'd sign him to a 5-year contract!

Back