• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

MLS Thread

@BrazilStats: The fans in Orlando gave Ricardo Kaká a very warm welcome.
BroKMJeCYAIH097.jpg

https://twitter.com/BrazilStats/status/484711115343937539

Will there be a time soon when the MLS will start accepting more of these high paid players? They are currently limited to 1 or 2 per team right?
I mean there has to be some delicate scale where they say Beckham, Henry, maybe Kaka attract more supporters, overall sponsorship and TV numbers etc. so at what point do you limit it? Because 1 or 2 stars per team won't be enough to raise the overall standard high enough for non-US football fans to want to watch MLS, however on the other hand you don't want it to ruin the league by letting teams have unlimited foreigners and wasting money on overseas stars if they are not really stars, kind of like how the Championship here has been flooded with average EU players.

Will there be a time soon when the MLS will start accepting more of these high paid players? They are currently limited to 1 or 2 per team right?
I mean there has to be some delicate scale where they say Beckham, Henry, maybe Kaka attract more supporters, overall sponsorship and TV numbers etc. so at what point do you limit it? Because 1 or 2 stars per team won't be enough to raise the overall standard high enough for non-US football fans to want to watch MLS, however on the other hand you don't want it to ruin the league by letting teams have unlimited foreigners and wasting money on overseas stars if they are not really stars, kind of like how the Championship here has been flooded with average EU players.

I'll see if I can find the article back, but KaKa said that there are more and more European players wanting to play in the MLS.

There will come a time when there has to be an overhaul in the roster/salary cap.

The MLS will likely never get the best of the best, but it will improve if they let it. Going the route of taking bigger names later in their careers to build that relationship back to Europe/South America seems like a smart idea.

That's what I tried to post above! This board doesn't like me embedding things.

For tweets and vines you only need the id number serial thingy. I can't be arsed to figure out how to automatically strip away the unnecessary part of the url. For the video tag (youtube amongst other things) you can paste the whole url.

For tweets and vines you only need the id number serial thingy. I can't be arsed to figure out how to automatically strip away the unnecessary part of the url. For the video tag (youtube amongst other things) you can paste the whole url.

Ah, that's where I've been going wrong. Nice one, cheers.

I actually did something similar. I used to play right-wing for a while, and galloping down the by-line I put in a cross that I mis-kicked and rather than head towards the striker, was headed towards the goalkeeper.

So disgusted with myself, I let out a large sweary and turned around in anger shaking my head.

I then looked back to see my way-ward cross had sailed over the keepers outstretched arms and into the back of the net.

Had to hold back the celebrations on that one (just a fist pump).

sums up what a mickey mouse league this is, see my comments earlier in this thread, robbie keane would have probably retired from the SPL by now but even with no pace, the MLS is still easy pickings for him.

the MLS is a pony league, equivalent to say league 1, its slow and makes players like keane look like superstars

sums up what a mickey mouse league this is, see my comments earlier in this thread, robbie keane would have probably retired from the SPL by now but even with no pace, the MLS is still easy pickings for him.

the SPL is also about league 1 level, if that.

Keane scored in Extra Time to lead LA Galaxy to a 2-1 victory against New England Revolution in the MLS Cup Final yesterday.

Well, so begins another MLS season for Los Afficianados to sneer at.

I'm a day one season ticket holder here in Toronto (pronounced locally 'Tchronnoh'). The home stadium is being expanded by over 8,000 seats and they don't play their home opener until May 10. The season began Saturday night in Vancouver against the Whitecaps, in their lovely domed stadium on artificial turf. A win would be huge.

The much maligned Jozy Altidore started up front, with snappy little Italian playmaker Sebastian Giovinco in mid alongside the intense Michael Bradley and new signings Benoit Cheyrou (Marseille) and Robbie Findley (Salt Lake City). Everyone knew the key would be providing Altidore service. What did they serve him?

Peaches.

As in 'peach of a pass'. He scored twice to pace Toronto to a 3-1 win. Here's a link to the first goal. Some cultured play in here:

http://www.mlssoccer.com/video/2015/03/07/goal-jozy-altidore-dances-around-ousted-1st-goal-back-mls

It was far from a perfect game. The link below starts of with one of the most unbelievable misses for Vancouver. They used some great pace to dominate early proceedings but Toronto battled back to end the half level, then took absolute hold of the second half to run out comfortable winners. Altidore scores a late penalty - a cheeky Panenka - to seal the deal.

http://www.mlssoccer.com/video/2015/03/07/highlights-vancouver-whitecaps-vs-toronto-fc-march-7-2015

Last edited:
I've followed Galaxy since Beckham went there, then Keane obviously, now that they have signed that odious cnut I'm out

Back