1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Thanks, scara
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Please read this post: https://www.glory-glory.co.uk/community/threads/fund-raising-for-jeremy-yermiyahu.10542/
    Dismiss Notice

Michael Schumacher

Discussion in 'Randomination' started by Dayo, 29 Dec 2013.

1. Dayo

Dayo Chris Armstrong

I hope he makes a full recovery after hearing he's been in a skiing accident.

Never really followed F1 but I can appreciate what he's achieved in his career.

2. Kingdawson

Kingdawson Banned

wow he's in critical condition.

3. Mumorn

Mumorn Vic Buckingham

Sports have some real iconic names that define it. Jordan with Basketball, Ruth with Baseball. Schumacher with F1.

Get well soon!

4. Kingdawson

Kingdawson Banned

He's in a coma and requires neurological treatment.

5. thfcsteff

thfcsteff Gary Stevens Staff Member

****! That's terrible.

6. Superted

Superted Jonathan Woodgate

Well said. Woods with golf as well, they made the 2nd best in the world look like amateurs.

For those of us too young to appreciate Senna, Schumachet was the boss. Strategic, calculated, cold, ruthless. A champion.

I hear it's not looking good.

7. johnola

johnola Steve Hodge

Grim.

8. AuroRaman

AuroRaman Mauricio Taricco

Without a shadow of doubt, the greatest F1 driver in history. If he can emulate the sheer tenacity, passion and doggedness of his driving with his recovery, he will be fine. I hope he pulls through.

9. Sandman

Sandman Ruel Fox

when i heard it was a ski-ing accident i said to my wife that i bet he was ski-ing off piste and hit his head on a rock. So many people still dont wear helmets ( I know he was ) and going off piste can be very dangerous to anyone. I hope he recovers and that would be an awful way for him to go.

10. Raoul Duke

Raoul Duke Gordon Durie

Sad news. Hope he recovers

11. djp82

djp82 Didier Zokora

Skiing can be so dangerous
    Hope he's ok
    Watched a good film call The crash reel on sky the other week about a snowboarder with head injury after a horrific crash. It was about the long road to recovery

12. johnola

johnola Steve Hodge

A few years back one of my mates I was snowboarding with decided to hire a crash helmet for the day. Noone else did. An hour later he wiped out hit a rock and cracked the crash helmet.
    He was a bit concussed but that bit of prescience saved him a lot of trouble and we all bought a crash-hat straightaway.

13. Hully

Hully Tony Parks

I've skied Meribel several times, I know the area quite well. I've been watching some video footage I shot last January in the area he had his accident. Not a particularly high risk area, really makes you think.
    Hope this encourages a few more to wear helmets.
    Skiing is not a particularly dangerous sport, serious accidents are rare when you take into account the number of people participating. You're more likely to get injured travelling to a ski resort than you out on the slopes.

14. Sandman

Sandman Ruel Fox

Similar to why i got one. I saw one guy on a hill try to do a back flip of a park feature and smacked his head. He died. I think after that all my mates and I got helmets. Before that you never used to see people with helmets as everyone wanted to just ride with wolly beanies for the look. I actually prefer wearing a helmet now, more ventilation and you don't steam up your goggle when you lift them up.

I still see some people though with the cheap helmets. IF you are going to get one its worth getting a good one that fits and has the right kind of shock absorption.

15. Mumorn

Mumorn Vic Buckingham

Only a miracle will save him is what the doctors have told his family.

16. clownfoot

clownfoot Goran Bunjevcevic

Just had a notification from Sky Sports News saying Schumacher's agent has said he is no longer in a coma and he has left the hospital in Grenbole.

Good news

17. Superhudd

Superhudd Simon Davies

but is he at home in the sense is any one there or are they with the fairies.