• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Mentality

It's just a theory, but nothing else can really explain why in the 80s mass gated communities were seen as the only solution to ever rising crime, to how we got to the more placid society we have now (and its world-wide, so not related to politics)

It's not placid, it's passive-aggressive and manipulative. The clown shoe factor is still as high, and the aggression factor still exists, it's just that now people mask it with a veneer and aggression is a passive-aggressive affair. Even on the pitch. Rolling around, waving cards, all passive aggression and flimflam.

definitely agree with this, a lot of this I put down to the non english players, they don't understand the passion of the game here, don't really get the rivalries, having an english spine is crucial in a team, players like Rooney, Terry, etc born and bred here, get it and will fight for everything.

Agreed, but those qualities are even being bred out of our players because we are in an 'easier times' culture. it is one of the reasons I think that we all rooted for Daws right until the end, even though he wasn't up to it by then, because he was exactly that. I like Mason's spirit and drive, I like Kane's too, but right now Bentaleb is the one who isn't afraid to do some dirty work, get in there and fight.

Back