• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Mateo Kovacic

If he ends up at Chelsea its the same thing we have been discussing all along, we are in danger of the bigger fish coming along when we swim in the same waters.

If he ends up at Chelsea its the same thing we have been discussing all along, we are in danger of the bigger fish coming along when we swim in the same waters.

We've got CL and chels have EL.

We have a much bigger and better stadium.

If you're gona go on about wages, well this is a loan so the wages are what's in his Madrid contract.

Please don't tell me what Billy said that chels trump all of the above and are more attractive cos of recent history!!!

Waste if time because we are not prepared to pay what these top players want. Yes we are linked, yes we enquire, but we don't want to pay their high salaries so there is no point even hanging around waiting till the end of a window in the hope that no-one else is interested and we are the only ones left. It doesn't work.

BURNLEY BACK IN J-ROD HUNT

Sky Sports News understands Burnley will make an improved £18m offer to West Brom for striker Jay Rodriguez later today.

Sean Dyche is becoming increasingly frustrated by the situation and wants a new striker in before the deadline - it's thought Rodriguez is keen on a move back to the Premier League in his home town, but is prepared to stay and try to get Albion back into the top division if a deal can’t be done.

If you're gona go on about wages, well this is a loan so the wages are what's in his Madrid contract.

Please don't tell me what Billy said that chels trump all of the above and are more attractive cos of recent history!!!
Could be that we weren’t prepared to pay the % of wages Cheatski are or Poch and Levy think a loan player may upset the team harmony and is a short term measure. Real may have requested he play a certain number of games which I’ve heard mentioned for other loan deals.
Hopefully it’s a sweetener for Hazard!

Right now, they are a bigger club. Despite their recent failings. More attractive, able to pull these players from under us.

Thats the food chain for you.

Waste if time because we are not prepared to pay what these top players want. Yes we are linked, yes we enquire, but we don't want to pay their high salaries so there is no point even hanging around waiting till the end of a window in the hope that no-one else is interested and we are the only ones left. It doesn't work.

A lot of the time these players arent on what you expect, I think wages are often doable* - its just the "pull" we lack at the moment.

*Sure I saw he was on something like £80k. Martial was reported as £60k!

Right now, they are a bigger club. Despite their recent failings. More attractive, able to pull these players from under us.

Thats the food chain for you.

A lot of the time these players arent on what you expect, I think wages are often doable* - its just the "pull" we lack at the moment.

*Sure I saw he was on something like £80k. Martial was reported as £60k!

Not doable for us though. Chelski can and do easily go to 130-150k a week for players like Kovacic and Martial. We can but don't want to. Why? One reason may be that the majority of our squad are still earning less than 100k a week.

All the agents and top players in Europe know we pay lower salaries. I don't think we are even genuinely considered as an option for someone like Kovacic.

Not doable for us though. Chelski can and do easily go to 130-150k a week for players like Kovacic and Martial. We can but don't want to. Why? One reason may be that the majority of our squad are still earning less than 100k a week.

All the agents and top players in Europe know we pay lower salaries. I don't think we are even genuinely considered as an option for someone like Kovacic.

Im pretty sure you can guarantee our top earners are well past the £100k mark. Rumour was Alderweireld was offered £180k.

This will be, IMO, the primary benefit of the stadium - allowing for a more competitive wage bill.

That aside, I thought it was pretty well established that while our base salaries are relatively low, players can earn very well with all of the perfomance based add ons etc.

Kovacic? I think like Moura in Jan - I think we were a definite option, providing there was no one else. With Moura we pulled it off, Kovacic it appears not - which is nature of us trying to be ambitious and going for these players.

Sweetener for Courteuouis or however the fudge you spell it, seems likely.

Im pretty sure you can guarantee our top earners are well past the £100k mark. Rumour was Alderweireld was offered £180k.

This will be, IMO, the primary benefit of the stadium - allowing for a more competitive wage bill.

That aside, I thought it was pretty well established that while our base salaries are relatively low, players can earn very well with all of the perofmance based add ons etc.

Kovacic? I think like Moura in Jan - I think we were a definite option, providing there was no one else. With Moura we pulled it off, Kovacic it appears not - which is nature of us trying to be ambitious and going for these players.

I think he wanted £180k having moved the goalposts at least twice from what i read, i believe we offered £130k finally which he rejected.

Do Chelsea have any English players left to meet the premier league rules
They don't have to be English. Home grown does not mean English, just that the player is trained by an assosiation club for at least 3 years before the age of 20.

Loftus Cheek (if he stays), Green, Moses, Cahill, Barkley, Drinkwater, Abraham (if he stays), Hudson-Odoi played for them the other day.

They might (just) be able to scrape it

Abraham / Hudson-Odoi are U21 so not in the calculations - if they are going to use them it works to the same ends but will still have less registered players.
Fiberglas is also "home grown".

I think he wanted £180k having moved the goalposts at least twice from what i read, i believe we offered £130k finally which he rejected.

Quite possible - it is of course just a rumour, but I think its fair to say our wages have come up a fair way from where they were. And with the new stadium will continue to do so.

That being said, I dont forsee us ever offering the crazy wages Utd and co do, so it will always be an issue of sorts.

Lets be fair we dont even know if he was really a target do we? We've had tentative links to him, the kind that if was a player posters on here didnt fancy would be dismissed as speculation but because its a player they like more take it as we must be in for him. Theres been nothing to suggest we've held any real interest....

Quite possible - it is of course just a rumour, but I think its fair to say our wages have come up a fair way from where they were. And with the new stadium will continue to do so.

That being said, I dont forsee us ever offering the crazy wages Utd and co do, so it will always be an issue of sorts.

Whats happened to the new contracts for Dele, Jan & Eriksen that were mooted all summer and i have even seen talk of already being signed but nothing announced?

Lets be fair we dont even know if he was really a target do we? We've had tentative links to him, the kind that if was a player posters on here didnt fancy would be dismissed as speculation but because its a player they like more take it as we must be in for him. Theres been nothing to suggest we've held any real interest....

Its been reported, but like all reports pinch of salt etc...

I think its one that made a lot of sense for us, personally I think we have at least had conversations - he fits our sort of business perfectly.

But - of course - like 99% of it out there - we dont know anything for sure.

Whats happened to the new contracts for Dele, Jan & Eriksen that were mooted all summer and i have even seen talk of already being signed but nothing announced?

Ill give them a call and check...

They don't have to be English. Home grown does not mean English, just that the player is trained by an assosiation club for at least 3 years before the age of 20.

Fiberglas is also "home grown".

Yeah I know that

But some of those will be off soon

That aside, I thought it was pretty well established that while our base salaries are relatively low, players can earn very well with all of the perfomance based add ons etc.

:) yes Harry Kane on 200k and Lloris on around 100k......that's 2 players

The stadium will help up the amount we can pay but we are always playing catch up because all the other clubs are paying more and more every season so players will always be paid more elsewhere.

We have a business model which won't change whilst Levy is in charge. It means we are a financially well run club that will not offer silly wages to new signings and won't pay crazy transfer fees. Whilst we have a manager like Poch who has the ability to extract miracles from up and coming talent on lower wages and bought for sensible transfer fees nothing will change. Why would it.

Last edited:
Back