• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Match ratings

Friedel - 8 very good
Walker 7.5 - Best performance defensively I have seen from him but he could have offered a little more going forward
Dawson - 8 best game in ages
king -7 solid
BAE - 6.5 good defending but a bit wasteful in possession
Bale - 5 not his best game
Livermore - 7 did well
Modric 7.5 kept hold of ball well didn't have many outlets
Kranjcar - 7.5 worked very hard, great ball to which Bale should have scored did tire in 2nd
Parker - 9 MOM legend was everywhere vital block after block
Adebyaor - 4 poor.. brick holdup play never a threat

So a few things worth mentioning when looking at this game

- We were short a lot of players -> VDV/Lennon/Kaboul/JD/Sandro (at least 4 starters there), and that made our bench very weak
- Best defensive performance I've seen from a Spurs side in a long time, while we didn't offer much going forward we were extremely well organized defensively and until late in the second half, Pool really weren't able to get behind our defenders at all.

Key mentions

- Walker - opposite of his usual, great defensively (nobody has mentioned it, but he infact nullified Pool's best players over the last 2 months in Bellamy), hit the first man with his attempted crosses too much going forward.
- Kranjcar - second start, really good effort, best defensive shift I've seen from him, played what should have been the game winning pass.
- Dawson - against players like Carroll, teams like Pool/Stoke/etc. where it's more thuggery than skill, he really does shine.
- Parker - amazing defensive work, body in line of fire, a few poor pass choices that put us under pressue (tired?)
- Ade - enough said, poor game in a run of mediocre games for him, needs to get motivated or Harry may have to consider not starting him.

Pool

- Scummy club and manager, way too many thug like tackles (Skrtel/Adam/Suarez) and the comments post by Kenny

I really must have been watching a different game. 7's and 8's for a midfield that could barely string three passes together after the 20th minute and created incredibly few chances?

Actually, from the 20th minute onwards we made 284 out of 355 passes, Liverpool made 284 out of 350 passes.

I'd love to see the respective distance and position/direction on the field of those passes - out of interest?

I really must have been watching a different game. 7's and 8's for a midfield that could barely string three passes together after the 20th minute and created incredibly few chances?

The first line of your post is telling....and I guess that justifies the rest of the nonsense you wrote just after it.

5284d575-3781-258f.jpg

5284d4de-3793-13c4.jpg

Actually, from the 20th minute onwards we made 284 out of 355 passes, Liverpool made 284 out of 350 passes.

Slightly more than 3 then.

Oh dont tell me, now that the absurd statement has been proved wrong, they have to be forward passes that created one on ones. Thats all that counts #-o

Cheers

Most of ours appear to have taken place in our own half , while theirs - in our half and middle.

Not sure how anyone can argue we were matching them for possession and domination

What app is that, btw? Looks handy

Cheers

Most of ours appear to have taken place in our own half , while theirs - in our half and middle.

Not sure how anyone can argue we were matching them for possession and domination

What app is that, btw? Looks handy

Passing in your own half no longer counts as possession?... madness!

We drew 0-0. It means we were outplayed.

Had Bale scored, it means we dominated them.

Ergo: Happiness/Sadness over a result = Total Reconstruction of Events

GG's guide to Einstein, chapter 1

It means we struggled to go forward and/or control the game - so yes, field possession was to their advantage in the end.

I don't have a problem with us fighting hard for a point which is what we ultimately did - I simply question the ratings given of a performance which is clearly not related to that. 8-9s in the 4:0 game, sure but not last night.

We drew 0-0. It means we were outplayed.

Had Bale scored, it means we dominated them.

Ergo: Happiness/Sadness over a result = Total Reconstruction of Events

GG's guide to Einstein, chapter 1

:ross:

Was not claiming we had dominated them or anything, just that possession is a static fact (I know it is reported differently via different sources), so whether we played well or not, we did match them for possession. 52 pool to 48 spurs. We just didn't make use of it.

It means we struggled to go forward and/or control the game - so yes, field possession was to their advantage in the end.

I don't have a problem with us fighting hard for a point which is what we ultimately did - I simply question the ratings given of a performance which is clearly not related to that. 8-9s in the 4:0 game, sure but not last night.

Ah you were talking locational possession (there should probably be a technical term for this somewhere), which is different to possession. I get the feeling a lot of the issues people have on here are simply misunderstandings.

:ross:

Was not claiming we had dominated them or anything, just that possession is a static fact (I know it is reported differently via different sources), so whether we played well or not, we did match them for possession. 52 pool to 48 spurs. We just didn't make use of it.

I was not aiming that at you in any way shape or form :D

Ah you were talking locational possession (there should probably be a technical term for this somewhere), which is different to possession. I get the feeling a lot of the issues people have on here are simply misunderstandings.

Territory.

Back