• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Man of the match - Arsenal (H)

Man of the match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Tough one today. Few standouts. PEH just shades it for me.

So many standout in terms of the defence. Where did this Aurier bloke come from ? Looks decent.

This gets harder every week!
I think Hojbjerg just tipped it with his celebration at the end when he snuffed out another attack. :D
Aurier was immense.
Kane was Kane, Sissoko was Sissoko, and Son was Son.

This gets harder every week!
I think Hojbjerg just tipped it with his celebration at the end when he snuffed out another attack.
This, plus the defence were incredibly well drilled, but ALSO in the end I had to vote for Harry Kane. The guy carries the squad on his back, he is captain, leader, legend, record builder, goalscorer, creator, best defender, midfielder, manager, hero. And I keep voting for PEH so I'm gonna give Harry some cred.

Who was best?

So many candidates today.

Lloris - always looked assured
Aurier - a revelation
Dier - a rock
Toby - miraculous intervention
Regi - they will not pass on my side
Sissoko - barnstorming firefighter
PEH - a joy in CM, he was everywhere
Kane - majestic in defence and attack
Son - a wonderful wonderful goal and assist

A difficult decision, but probably PEH just shades it for me

I think Aurier was exceptional today. And the amount he has improved this season is truly miraculous. Like he developed his football intelligence and maturity in the space of a year.

I think that it is largely down to being given a defined role. Mourinho has generally got the best out of him by giving him simple instructions.

I think Aurier was exceptional today. And the amount he has improved this season is truly miraculous. Like he developed his football intelligence and maturity in the space of a year.
As I said in another thread, it’s a combination of becoming accustomed to the league and that we are defending better as a team so the defenders are not under so much pressure. If opposing teams were able to waltz through our midfield as they were previously or we return to playing a high line with no pressure on the opposing team, then the old “Aurier” will probably resurface.

Kane nailed every position through the center of the pitch. He was the link-up midfielder opening up space for Son to score. He was the lethal finisher himself. And he headed away countless crosses into our box. If he'd been playing CB plaudits would have commented on how effective he was. A goal, an assist and a rock for us defensively, he was clearly mom.

Last edited:
Back