• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Lucas Moura

He deserves to start the next game and be given a real run in the side, off hand i do not remember him getting a prolonged run in the team since he has been here. The effort he put in yesterday put some of our players to shame.

He deserves to start the next game and be given a real run in the side, off hand i do not remember him getting a prolonged run in the team since he has been here. The effort he put in yesterday put some of our players to shame.

Looked very much like he had a point to prove.
Which imho he doesn't, anyone that can't see he should be starting instead of some of that shower yesterday is blind.

Looked very much like he had a point to prove.
Which imho he doesn't, anyone that can't see he should be starting instead of some of that shower yesterday is blind.

I agree, he always gives 100% ( unlike some of them are doing at the moment) and i hope Poch will see that and give him a extended run in the side.

Screen-Shot-2019-10-07-at-07.35.31.png

Moura just plain confuses me. We surely bought him as a winger type to play in the three behind Kane. He can be a good finisher and is good in the air. But here is the problem. His play is more like a striker than the position we bought him for, to take guys on get some crosses in etc. And he does not fit into the Diamond unless we drop Son.

Maybe we should try a 4-3-3 with Son, Kane and Moura up top. at leat him and son have the work rate and pace to worry position full backs into staying back.
Think 433 is a great idea.
Dier or Winks sitting in the middle of the 3 man midfield with Moura, Kane and Son up top. Something like this v Watford:
-------------------------Gazzaniga------------------
Sissoko-Alderweireld-Vertonghen-Rose
----------Ndombele---Dier-----Lamela---------
---------Son--------------Kane------------Moura--
Full backs getting forward when possible, the support for the front 3 can come from Lamela and Ndombele too while Dier/Winks stay behind to protect the back 4.

I'm not on social media and rely on seeing it posted on here, but at the moment the silence is deafening and extremely odd.

In Moura's MOTD post match interview he said words to the effect that we (they) all need to be together and not speak too much. It struck me as a very deliberate thing to say.
There have been comments from Dier and Winks, (presumably from the post-match mixed zone?) - much to the same effect - togetherness. So I do wonder if the players have decided amongst themselves to keep any comments to a minimum, with Sissoko's being the agreed social media post, rather than feed the frenzy. Perhaps they recognise the situation has moved beyond platitudes and soundbites.
If it's a sign of the squad regrouping, that would be a good thing. Well, as long as they're not shutting out Poch in doing so.

Alternatively I'm wallowing in far too much saccharine-coated sentimentality about the whole thing and the silence means the vibes are bad and they're at each other's throats!

In Moura's MOTD post match interview he said words to the effect that we (they) all need to be together and not speak too much. It struck me as a very deliberate thing to say.
There have been comments from Dier and Winks, (presumably from the post-match mixed zone?) - much to the same effect - togetherness. So I do wonder if the players have decided amongst themselves to keep any comments to a minimum, with Sissoko's being the agreed social media post, rather than feed the frenzy. Perhaps they recognise the situation has moved beyond platitudes and soundbites.
If it's a sign of the squad regrouping, that would be a good thing. Well, as long as they're not shutting out Poch in doing so.

Alternatively I'm wallowing in far too much saccharine-coated sentimentality about the whole thing and the silence means the vibes are bad and they're at each other's throats!

Thanks.
Odd, and I don't know what to make of it.

Yup I posted that in the match thread, seems a pity that Lucas’ interview not up on MotD social media considering he was only player to actually face the cameras.

https://www.football.london/tottenh.../lucas-moura-outlines-what-tottenham-17039453

“It's a really difficult moment for us," he said following the game.

But we need to stay together, work harder, not speak too much."

Remember when people wanted to see him start upfront on his own in the Champions League final as much sort of sentimental reward?
No, people wanted Moura to start as Kane had been out for a significant amount of time and had no match fitness. I would ordinarily start Kane over Moura every single time except this one time when Kane clearly wasn't going to be able to put in a performance (and he didn't).

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6003 using Fapatalk

Remember when people wanted to see him start upfront on his own in the Champions League final as much sort of sentimental reward?

I think it was more people wanted the player (Moura) who had scored two hat tricks in recent weeks and is actually one of the few big game players we have rather than an injured striker who Van Dijk has in his pocket typically and Alli who hadn’t done much of anything in 18 months.

No, people wanted Moura to start as Kane had been out for a significant amount of time and had no match fitness. I would ordinarily start Kane over Moura every single time except this one time when Kane clearly wasn't going to be able to put in a performance (and he didn't).

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6003 using Fapatalk

To much sense in that for some fans.

Back