1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Thanks, scara
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Please read this post: https://www.glory-glory.co.uk/community/threads/fund-raising-for-jeremy-yermiyahu.10542/
    Dismiss Notice

Lucas Moura

Discussion in 'Spurs News & Views' started by Denmark Spur, 31 Jan 2018.

1. Modric THFC

Modric THFC Christian Ziege

Doesn't matter who the manager is, this guy always seems to get into the starting 11

2. Bishop

Bishop Mauricio Taricco

We don't have a better option as it stands for the right hand side. Potentially Gil could play there but up to now in his career he's been a left winger so let's say it's not Moura who else do we have that is ready to go and suits paying on the right? The answer is no one with potential to convert Gil into that role.

Bedfordspurs likes this.
  3. Jurgen the German

Jurgen the German Jimmy Cantrell

Who do you suggest we play instead of him? I guess we’d start Alli every week if you were the manager.

4. Bishop

Bishop Mauricio Taricco

That would be awful. Dele has no left foot and isn't particularly good at running with the ball or dribbling.

mjc23 and Bedfordspurs like this.
  5. LemonadeMoney

LemonadeMoney Les Ferdinand

Started great, but the back pass that lead to the goal seemed to affect him badly.

MKSpur and Bedfordspurs like this.
  6. AdamB

AdamB Erik Thorstvedt

I think he'll be one of the players who falls out under Conte

Emerson will nail down RWB, possibly with Bergwijn and understudy, and I dont think Moura brings enough control going forwards. Gil brings everything which Moura does, but with added ability on the ball, plus presumably we'll actually sign another CF and/or creative attacker in January

Not sure how sellable Moura is mind you. Maybe some middle-eastern bunch will take him in the summer

7. demotw

demotw Øyvind Leonhardsen

Moura offers something that no-one else in the squad offers currently, taking playing on at pace through the middle and moving opponents around. While i agree he may not start week in week out, i honestly cant see him going anywhere and nor would i want him too.

8. AdamB

AdamB Erik Thorstvedt

Is that not something which Gil can bring though?

Also, if we play 3-5-2 like he did at Inter, we probably only need 4-5 forwards. Kane and Son will be two, and assume we sign another out and out CF too. Gil has only just arrived so that's 4...

Perhaps we will stay 3-4-3 and need more attacking players, but I'm not sure it brings the control which Conte likes. When he played 3-4-3 at Chelsea, Hazard and Pedro were in the 3 and they retain the ball well so it brings more control like a 3-5-2. Moura doesnt offer that

Bishop likes this.
  9. harr1984

harr1984 Steffen Iversen

Gil doesnt bring everything Moura does. Moura is good at winning tackles, turning the ball over high up the pitch, dribbling out of very tight situations and is good in the air. Gil has shown a couple of flashes, nothing more. He has potential, but is not at Mouras level yet.....

10. StephenH

StephenH David Ginola

Gil has given Maura a much needed kick up the jacksey

11. Mcfee

Mcfee Jamie Redknapp

Not if it’s the Champions League final.

12. parklane1

parklane1 Terry Dyson

He is a threat no doubt about it, some fans have been writing him off since he came here but he is always a danger to opposing teams.

yiddo37, mephitis and harr1984 like this.
  13. JerusalemMan

JerusalemMan Nick Barmby

14. Modric THFC

Modric THFC Christian Ziege

My point was that all week on the internet people were posting who they thought would play in a 352.
    No one had Lucas.
    Then on the day Lucas gets in there.

15. Gazza

Gazza Michael Carrick

Lucas can be upgraded upon, but for now he is good enough to be in the squad. He needs consistency and confidence to flourish.

16. AdamB

AdamB Erik Thorstvedt

well, we didnt play 3-5-2, we played 3-4-3. Had we played 3-5-2, Moura would have been left out.

My guess is that Moura won't be in Conte's starting 11 once Conte has had some time with the team, but lets see what happens

Bedfordspurs likes this.
  17. Bullet

Bullet Steffen Freund

It was impressive for his goal, that he was the guy running back towards our half and touching the ball to Kane, then he spun and sprinted into the space for Kane to lay an easy ball in for him.

It looked so easy, I guess their defence was pretty naive to allow that to happen, but it was beautiful to see a team carved open like that.

PS - The good thing about the 343 is that the wide men in the 4 can quickly link with EITHER THREE i.e. they can form 5 at the back or 5 at the front quite easily, rapidly shifting our formation to 523 or 325.

PPS - Gil and Moura are extremely different players so it is like comparing Ndombele to Skipp.

Bedfordspurs and harr1984 like this.
  18. metalgear

metalgear Jack Jull

Kane made the false 9 run to pull the defence... Credit to Moura for following through. Looks like something done during training.

Sent from my SM-G998B using Fapatalk

19. NaijaSpurs

NaijaSpurs Paul Robinson

Maybe because irrespective of the quality he may or not have he continues to bamboozle managers with his effort and work rate. Shame about his end product though.

StephenH likes this.
  20. SteveAWOL

SteveAWOL Andy Thompson