• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Livermore and Parker

diego_maradona

Steffen Iversen
Staff member
I'm loathed to see this, both have had fantastic seasons. Really like having them both in the side but when use to together our offensive display is completely pedestrian, and we see sideways 5 yard passes and then back. Not a forward pass between them.

It's strange because Sandro and Parker done very well in the second half game against west brom (away). Parker was great at driving forward. So theoretically it could work, but it just hasn't.

Today was tough, couldnt believe the number of players who miscontrolled on that pitch out there. But Stevenage were clearly better prepared for the ground.

Perhaps this is a little harsh right now, a perhaps the tactics have also not suited having two predominantly defensive minded players paired in CM.

Harry likes Livermore, Harry likes Bale in the middle, Harry likes VDV out right, Harry really doesnt have a fudging clue half the time. Harry for England, fudge yes.

We need a young youthful backup for Modric who can play these games yet is prepared to fight it out in CM against tough opposition. That Freeman kid looks really good, looks better than Tom Carroll, wouldn't mind a punt on him for up to a mil. Parker will offer no creativity nor can he act as a playmaker if he is the attacking choice. Livermore we know what he can do, and he can be neat and tidy with some forward passing but he will not dominate games with his passing like Modric does.

This thread could be merged with the 28 hoofs thread imo, very much a direct correlation.

I feel the same about Parker-Sandro, we shouldn't really send out a midfield duo of 2 out of Parker, Sandro and Livermore unless we're playing a truly top class team or Sandro improves quite a bit on the ball.

Harry likes Livermore, Harry likes Bale in the middle, Harry likes VDV out right, Harry really doesnt have a fudging clue half the time. Harry for England, fudge yes.

You stopped trolling for a year, but now seem back to your old best. What happened? Nothing to moan about this season?

I thought Livermore was decent. Better than Parker, and both were a hell of a lot better than the invisible Bale.

Just a bad day at the office, we should have won, but we didnt lose so we have a chance to put it right

We need a young youthful backup for Modric who can play these games yet is prepared to fight it out in CM against tough opposition. That Freeman kid looks really good, looks better than Tom Carroll, wouldn't mind a punt on him for up to a mil. Parker will offer no creativity nor can he act as a playmaker if he is the attacking choice. Livermore we know what he can do, and he can be neat and tidy with some forward passing but he will not dominate games with his passing like Modric does.

How does he look better than Carroll?

It's not a criticism of their individual performances today, more how they are used together. They are not naturally progressive forward thinking players, so I do think we suffer.
That's not to say that having 2 solid midfielders should mean we should be weak offensively, after all modric in a wonky 4-4-2 worked fine with JJ and Palacios.

picture.php

Without Modric, Kranjcar should have started in central midfield.

Whoever the opposition are, you should always have at least one ball playing midfielder in the centre to help you mix things up. Otherwise you're too predictable trying to get the ball to your wingers who can be double marked.

How does he look better than Carroll?

He just seems to have a lot more directness, physicality and skill to him whilst having the awareness that Carroll has. Carrol might become a Carrick lite player, this Freeman guy looks like he might become more of a modric. I think we should sign him up, i've never heard of him before. How stevenage have kept quiet on him for so long is a mystery.

I dont think Livermore was bad today. Better than most today I felt.

Livermore looked very progressive and was only caught out of possession once, he should have had a foul to be honest. The pitch didn't suit parker who doesn't have the best of First touches and it bounced off him quite a bit. His second touch was often a tackle. Bale of course was isolated as their were only 2 spurs players in front of him whilst stevenage got men back very quickly.

sometimes you are complete idiot

try not to drink

try not to switch your computer on, until you regain your sense of perspective

when you calm down, you talk sense, but when you get like this you are like a stuck record

- if you are such a tactical fudging genius, give him a call, tell him you'll set him straight

We did seem to lack a bit of creativity in the middle thought it improved a bit when krancjar came on, but with that pitch i do not think it would have mattered if huddlestone or modric had been playing.

Parker really does have a very limited passing game and seems uncomfortable on the ball when he is not tackling. Livermore is a bit of a runner and seems to like going on charges, though that has settled down a bit.

Do not think they are a good match together and would have probably gone with krancjar in the middle and maybe had livermore at right back and given walker the day off.

Back