• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Les Ferdinand striker coach

Danishfurniturelover

the prettiest spice girl
I have said it at least once a season for a couple of years. But i will say it again i think he is a part of the problem with our shooting the last few years.

As a player all he did was run fast and then shoot hard at the goal and that seems to be what he teaches our players when they come to us. The way even players like Krancjar went backwards under us and there shooting went crap i lay the blame at his door. Never got the love for "sir les" we need a new striker coach, my tip would be sheringham.

Can't believe he still is striker coach if he is...wasn't ever exactly the most intelligent striker...
Why is it we can find roles for the likes of Ferdinand, but not Sheringham, Ginola, or Waddle (or even Gazza -surely he must have something useful to pass on)

Soldado doesn't need coaching. He's 28 and has played at the top level domestically and internationally for a decade. He needs service.

I do agree that Ferdinand probably isn't the best person to be teaching Coulthirst, Kane and co though.

this whole "he used to play for us so he can be a coach" is worse then nepotism, I dont know if "sir les" is to blame but with only 9 goals scored, fingers do need to be pointed

I do agree that Ferdinand probably isn't the best person to be teaching Coulthirst, Kane and co though.
I'm neither pro nor anti Sir Les, but Kane's shooting has looked OK in his cameos this season.

To blame him for our 9 goals is ridiculous.

Ferdinand isn't part of the first team coaching set up

That was my understanding too.

Either way, can't you learn to be a coach without having had all the qualities you try to teach as a player yourself? If not we're kinda ****ed with AVB and Freund much more than with Ferdinand...

Either way, can't you learn to be a coach without having had all the qualities you try to teach as a player yourself? If not we're kinda ****ed with AVB and Freund much more than with Ferdinand...

Absolutely, it takes me back to the old "Hughton what does he do?"posts/threads

So we're now blaming a youth team development coach for our lack of goals!? :ross:

How about we have a look at the sheer lack of desire and effort from the likes of Sigurdsson and Dembele in the first half and address that problem, where is the motivation (or lack thereof) coming from?

Managed to get Norwich to score against west ham so he does something.

Ferdinand is a cancer around our club.

If it's true that he's primarily working with our youngsters he's been working at the club in a period that's seen our best youth production in a long time. 2 academy players taking the step up to become PL regulars in Caulker and Townsend. Carroll also closing in.

In addition to that several young players we've signed have stepped up, partly through loans. Meanwhile we've also seen impressive results in the U21 league, NextGen competition and the U18s haven't been doing too shabbily.

And Ferdinand has survived a regime change, if he was truly useless as a coach would AVB, Freund and Baldini have kept him around?

I see no logic or reason behind your outburst.

Ferdinand isn't part of the first team coaching set up

I knew it all along Milo old chap, it was a ruse he has been there all along this is just part of his despicable plan to destroy the club from within it is like the Omen all over again. Swear i have seen him control the police dogs at the ground with just his eyes.

It would be pretty funny if Soldado, Ade and Defoe start slotting them in from all angles now Ferdinand is actually working with the first team.

I knew it all along Milo old chap, it was a ruse he has been there all along this is just part of his despicable plan to destroy the club from within it is like the Omen all over again. Swear i have seen him control the police dogs at the ground with just his eyes.

I'm getting bored of looking at that Clint avatar of yours. I think that you need a change. Would you like me to sort it out for you? ;)

Back