• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Ledley King

Neil Sullivan whimsically compared the first half of Ledley King’s Testimonial to his tenure at the Club a decade ago.

Our former goalkeeper was between the sticks for the Ledley Guest XI during the first 45 minutes of Monday’s memorable match against Spurs as the career of our legendary former skipper was celebrated at a packed White Hart Lane.

‘Sully’ made some fine saves before being replaced by fellow fans’ favourite Paul Robinson at the break, with the score at 3-1.

And he admitted the whole experience was something of a throwback to his days at White Hart Lane between 2000 and 2003.

“It was just like the olden days – not letting any goals in and then giving away a dodgy penalty!” joked Neil.

“The whole night was brilliant. I don’t think I’ve been back to the Club since I left and the fans were great.

“I’m really pleased for Ledley. It was a great night for him and he got a bit emotional towards the end so you can tell what a big night it was.”

Ledley teamed up with Chris Perry to provide a solid shield in front of Neil in the first period, with Chris left to reflect on a thoroughly enjoyable night and an eventual 6-3 victory for Ledley’s side.

“It was a fantastic atmosphere,” Chris said. “It was nice to see a full house and Ledley thoroughly deserves it. The boy is a legend at Spurs and it showed tonight with the amount of players and fans that came and supported him.

“It was probably one of the best atmospheres I’ve ever seen at White Hart Lane and while it’s always enjoyable to get back on the surface and play here again, to come away with a win was nice as well!”

sullivan_ledley_730.jpg

perry_ledley_730.jpg

http://www.tottenhamhotspur.com/news/sullivan-and-perry-testimonial-140514/

I must say the ground as much as I love it, is looking tired...

You're not wrong

I went recently on a non-match day and it was starkly obvious how much of the structure is rusting, stained and in need of sorting out.

I think on a match day you are looking at all the fans and colour and excitement but on a non-match day it was like Scarborough sea front in February. Probably.

You're not wrong

I went recently on a non-match day and it was starkly obvious how much of the structure is rusting, stained and in need of sorting out.

I think on a match day you are looking at all the fans and colour and excitement but on a non-match day it was like Scarborough sea front in February. Probably.

Scarborough you say?

Bill Nicholson would have approved of that!

A pal of mine who works in the players lounge as security told me something about one of our current players behaving not so well after the match. Can I put it on here?

It would be highly appropriate if one of our players got blindingly drunk at Lesley's testimonial. Its what he would have wanted.

Back