• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Lawro the Twunt says... 2021/22

what a twunt, thats fudged it then!

Man Utd v Tottenham (17:30 GMT)

Manchester United were decent in the first half at Etihad Stadium on Sunday because they carried a threat but what we saw from them after that was basically a capitulation.

It was back to their own pattern of one good half and one bad half and that second half was arguably their worst of the season.

United just cannot shake that inconsistency off and that tells me loads about the mentality of their players. They were not just outplayed by Emirates Marketing Project after the break, they lost any competitive edge that they had.

_123634265_topofthepremierleague.png

This Tottenham team are not exactly renowned for performing every week either, so I am a little bit wary of backing them to go to Old Trafford and win.

We know Spurs can be flaky but the form that Harry Kane and Son Heung-min are in at the moment makes me think they will cause United all sorts of problems, if they get any sort of supply.

Lawro's prediction: 1-2

ArrDee's prediction: United haven't been playing too well but I'm not giving Tottenham anything! 1-0
Is ArrDee some sort of pirate?

Tottenham v West Ham (Premier League, 16:30 BST)

Tottenham are still very up and down in terms of results but I don't think they played too badly in defeat against Manchester United last weekend, and they were decent in their win over Brighton on Wednesday.

Like Leicester, West Ham are also in European action on Thursday and I think their tie with Sevilla will have taken a lot out of them. That's why I'm going with a Spurs win.

Lawro's prediction: 2-1

Tottenham v Saudi Sportswashing Machine (16:30)

I just have a feeling Saudi Sportswashing Machine could have an indifferent run now.

The Magpies have lost their last two games and it worries me a bit that one or two of their players might think the job is done and they are safe.

It probably is, but they still need to maintain their form and show manager Eddie Howe they can be relied upon, on a regular basis and not just in a short burst.

So these next few games will be interesting and might tell us something about the characters in the Saudi Sportswashing Machine squad.

As for Tottenham, well I think they will win this game, but I still wouldn't be confident about their chances of making the top four.

There always seems to be poor performance around the corner, when they look like a team who have just met for the first time. It's what Spurs do.

Lawro's prediction: 2-0

Aston Villa v Tottenham (17:30)

Tottenham have got momentum now, while Aston Villa have lost all of theirs after suffering three defeats in a row.

Philippe Coutinho has been quiet of late, and Villa need to find a way of getting him involved more if they are going to trouble Tottenham.

A Spurs slip-up is always just around the corner, but when Harry Kane is playing the way he is, they are extremely dangerous.

Aston Villa v Tottenham (17:30)

Tottenham have got momentum now, while Aston Villa have lost all of theirs after suffering three defeats in a row.

Philippe Coutinho has been quiet of late, and Villa need to find a way of getting him involved more if they are going to trouble Tottenham.

A Spurs slip-up is always just around the corner, but when Harry Kane is playing the way he is, they are extremely dangerous.

I feel sorry for the twunt, he can't count past two...

Brentford v Tottenham (17:30)
Brentford have won their past three games, while Tottenham had a wobble against Brighton last time out just when they were gathering momentum.

Bees midfielder Christian Eriksen will get a great reception from the away fans but I think his old club will leave with the points.

With Tottenham's two main rivals for fourth place, Arsenal and Manchester United, playing each other earlier on Saturday, this is a big opportunity for them to improve their situation.

I know all the teams in that race have been throwing away points recently but I can't believe Spurs will slip up again after their defeat by the Seagulls.

Austin's prediction: Tottenham are going for the top four so they have got a lot to play for. 0-2

Tottenham v Leicester (14:00 BST)

Tottenham have dropped points in some unexpected places in the past couple of weeks, losing at home to Brighton and then being held by Brentford.

I think this is a good game for them to get their top-four bid back on track, though.

Leicester played Roma in the Europa Conference League semi-final on Thursday, with the second leg next week, and that competition is their priority now because winning it is the only way they are getting back in Europe next season.

Lawro's prediction: 2-0

Liverpool v Tottenham (19:45 BST)

It's been another great week for Liverpool.

I was commentating on their Champions League tie against Villarreal and the Reds were all over the place in the first half, but I said at half-time that I thought they would be fine because it had been a superhuman effort by the Spanish side. They were never going to be able to keep that up.

Now the Reds have two more cup finals to look forward this season, and I think they will see off Tottenham too, to maintain their challenge.

An evening kick-off under the Anfield lights will help boost the atmosphere, but the main reason I am backing Jurgen Klopp's side here is more down to the fact Spurs are so unconvincing on the road.

Antonio Conte's side got that brilliant win over Emirates Marketing Project at Etihad Stadium in February, of course, but the frustrating thing for Conte is that they have not played like that often enough.

This is another big game so I think Spurs will be up for this one too, and cause the Liverpool defence some problems, but not as many as Mohamed Salah & Co will cause them at the other end.

Liverpool v Tottenham (19:45 BST)

It's been another great week for Liverpool.

I was commentating on their Champions League tie against Villarreal and the Reds were all over the place in the first half, but I said at half-time that I thought they would be fine because it had been a superhuman effort by the Spanish side. They were never going to be able to keep that up.

Now the Reds have two more cup finals to look forward this season, and I think they will see off Tottenham too, to maintain their challenge.

An evening kick-off under the Anfield lights will help boost the atmosphere, but the main reason I am backing Jurgen Klopp's side here is more down to the fact Spurs are so unconvincing on the road.

Antonio Conte's side got that brilliant win over Emirates Marketing Project at Etihad Stadium in February, of course, but the frustrating thing for Conte is that they have not played like that often enough.

This is another big game so I think Spurs will be up for this one too, and cause the Liverpool defence some problems, but not as many as Mohamed Salah & Co will cause them at the other end.

He's getting his laptop fixed zero button not working.

After more than 20 years, legendary BBC football pundit Mark Lawrenson is making his final set of Premier League predictions this weekend.

Lawro first started the weekly feature, which would become a fixture on Football Focus, BBC Radio 5 Live and the BBC Sport website, way back in 2000.

Since then, he has made more than 8,000 predictions, taken on hundreds of celebrity guests who have given their own scores, been sent a rude message by dozens of them - including Arnold Schwarzenegger [see video below] - and even got one or two results right along the way

"My average score is not too bad actually," Lawro said. "But lots of people have asked me about my predictions down the years, good and bad - well, mostly bad.

"The time I always remember is one unbelievably cold February a few years back, after a night match at Aston Villa.

"I was walking out of the ground and a fella stopped me, very politely, and said 'Mr Lawrenson, I follow all your predictions, and you are not doing very well, are you?"

"I said 'OK, fair enough, but do you know what... if I honestly thought I could accurately predict the results of football matches, I wouldn't be here, freezing my backside off. I would be in Barbados, in Sandy Lane hotel.

"I think he understood where I was coming from.

After starting out as an occasional segment on TV via Football Focus, Lawro's Predictions became a popular feature on the BBC Sport website, where they generates hundreds of thousands of page impressions each week - his record was 1.2m when he took on Rick Astley for the festive fixtures at Christmas 2020.

There have been plenty of complaints too - from fans and even clubs who were somehow convinced Lawro was biased against them when he submitted his scores. Among them are Tottenham, Southampton and, especially, West Ham.

In January of the 2015-16 campaign, the Hammers were lying sixth in the Premier League but in Lawro's League Table - which is at the bottom of every predictions page, and is based on his results, not reality - they were 19th with just two wins all season. It didn't go down well at Upton Park...

Even Hammers joint-chairman David Gold commented, saying he was "no fan of Lawro". Such is the power of a few predictions, apparently.

Lawro's response probably didn't help, but then he has never made a prediction just to try to please people either.

"I certainly don't have anything against West Ham," Lawro said the following week. "In fact I almost joined them as a teenager - they offered me an apprenticeship before I joined my hometown team Preston.

"I have been wrong about them a lot this season so I am sure their fans will not mind that I am tipping them to lose again [to Bournemouth] this week."

West Ham won 3-1.

At the other end of the scale, Lawro was also responsible for the longest unbeaten run in English football history. Well, sort of.

No, not the 49 games by Arsenal's Invincibles between May 2003 and October 2004 - this is the 159-game streak that Lawro tipped Liverpool to remain undefeated for, between May 2016 and November 2020.

In fairness, his former team only lost 16 of those games in real life and he has regularly also tipped Emirates Marketing Project to remain unbeaten for entire campaigns too in recent seasons - including this one.

"I only became aware I didn't tip Liverpool to lose a couple of seasons into that run when people started giving me a bit of stick about it," Lawro explained.

"Since then, though, Liverpool have been absolutely outstanding and have hardly ever lost a real game either. So how good am I?

"Seriously, though, I don't go through my previous predictions for each team when I look at the fixtures each week. That doesn't help me get their next results right.

"I don't pay any attention to the table based on my scores either, but the top teams often stay unbeaten because I don't tip them to lose many games - they don't, so why would I?"

Norwich v Tottenham

I know there is this perception that Tottenham can always slip up, but not this time.

I am expecting Norwich to give them a game but Spurs have got Dejan Kulusevski now as well as Harry Kane and Son Heung-min and I don't see the Canaries holding out, let alone beating them.

Spurs have fought so hard to get into this position, where they just need a point to get back into the Champions League after two seasons away. I don't see them falling at the final hurdle.

Lawro's prediction: 0-2

After more than 20 years, legendary BBC football pundit Mark Lawrenson is making his final set of Premier League predictions this weekend.

Lawro first started the weekly feature, which would become a fixture on Football Focus, BBC Radio 5 Live and the BBC Sport website, way back in 2000.

Since then, he has made more than 8,000 predictions, taken on hundreds of celebrity guests who have given their own scores, been sent a rude message by dozens of them - including Arnold Schwarzenegger [see video below] - and even got one or two results right along the way

"My average score is not too bad actually," Lawro said. "But lots of people have asked me about my predictions down the years, good and bad - well, mostly bad.

"The time I always remember is one unbelievably cold February a few years back, after a night match at Aston Villa.

"I was walking out of the ground and a fella stopped me, very politely, and said 'Mr Lawrenson, I follow all your predictions, and you are not doing very well, are you?"

"I said 'OK, fair enough, but do you know what... if I honestly thought I could accurately predict the results of football matches, I wouldn't be here, freezing my backside off. I would be in Barbados, in Sandy Lane hotel.

"I think he understood where I was coming from.

After starting out as an occasional segment on TV via Football Focus, Lawro's Predictions became a popular feature on the BBC Sport website, where they generates hundreds of thousands of page impressions each week - his record was 1.2m when he took on Rick Astley for the festive fixtures at Christmas 2020.

There have been plenty of complaints too - from fans and even clubs who were somehow convinced Lawro was biased against them when he submitted his scores. Among them are Tottenham, Southampton and, especially, West Ham.

In January of the 2015-16 campaign, the Hammers were lying sixth in the Premier League but in Lawro's League Table - which is at the bottom of every predictions page, and is based on his results, not reality - they were 19th with just two wins all season. It didn't go down well at Upton Park...

Even Hammers joint-chairman David Gold commented, saying he was "no fan of Lawro". Such is the power of a few predictions, apparently.

Lawro's response probably didn't help, but then he has never made a prediction just to try to please people either.

"I certainly don't have anything against West Ham," Lawro said the following week. "In fact I almost joined them as a teenager - they offered me an apprenticeship before I joined my hometown team Preston.

"I have been wrong about them a lot this season so I am sure their fans will not mind that I am tipping them to lose again [to Bournemouth] this week."

West Ham won 3-1.

At the other end of the scale, Lawro was also responsible for the longest unbeaten run in English football history. Well, sort of.

No, not the 49 games by Arsenal's Invincibles between May 2003 and October 2004 - this is the 159-game streak that Lawro tipped Liverpool to remain undefeated for, between May 2016 and November 2020.

In fairness, his former team only lost 16 of those games in real life and he has regularly also tipped Emirates Marketing Project to remain unbeaten for entire campaigns too in recent seasons - including this one.

"I only became aware I didn't tip Liverpool to lose a couple of seasons into that run when people started giving me a bit of stick about it," Lawro explained.

"Since then, though, Liverpool have been absolutely outstanding and have hardly ever lost a real game either. So how good am I?

"Seriously, though, I don't go through my previous predictions for each team when I look at the fixtures each week. That doesn't help me get their next results right.

"I don't pay any attention to the table based on my scores either, but the top teams often stay unbeaten because I don't tip them to lose many games - they don't, so why would I?"

retiring due to the 2 and 0 buttons on his laptop being worn out.

Came across this. Have to say he's gone up in my estimation.

Agree, comes across well there.

still managed to get in “it wasn’t a penalty” though. It’s impossible for Liverpool to legitimately lose a game, same as the Goons in that respect!

Agree, comes across well there.

still managed to get in “it wasn’t a penalty” though. It’s impossible for Liverpool to legitimately lose a game, same as the Goons in that respect!

It was the "misdemeanours" quote that struck me.
But having said i admire for his candour, and really people should not have to go through what these players went through.

Back