• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Lawro the Twunt says... 2021/22

Lawro

Prediction League Champion 2016/17
Tottenham v Emirates Marketing Project

Lawro's prediction:
0-2

We can't talk about this fixture without mentioning Tottenham striker Harry Kane.

I don't see Kane being able to feature in this game because he has not been training with his team-mates all week but the bigger issue is that no-one knows which of these teams he will be playing for in September. Watch this space.

As for the game, Emirates Marketing Project are without the injured Phil Foden but they are not exactly short of creative attacking players, are they?

This is a new start for Spurs under Nuno Espirito Santo, and they have a couple of new players too, but I don't see them stopping City from taking the three points.

Aaaah throughout all this unpredictability and stress at the moment you can always rely on one thing as we head in to a new season..

Twunt will be a Twunt.

Tottenham v Watford (14:00 BST)

Harry Kane is staying. That is a big tick for the Tottenham supporters. They gave the striker a fantastic reception when he came off the bench against Wolves at Molineux. In the end, Daniel Levy has won another battle, so well done to him.

Nuno Espirito Santo has made a good start but they know they are not favourites to finish in the top four. Maybe this is the year they break back in. The problem with Tottenham is that they look very good and seem to be fine but then all of a sudden have a run of strange results.

Watford are back in the Premier League having been in and out of the top flight. A lot of their season will depend on their home form because I don't see them picking up too many points on the road. Like Brentford and Norwich, it will be tough for them.

Lawro's prediction: 3-0

Tottenham v Watford (14:00 BST)

Harry Kane is staying. That is a big tick for the Tottenham supporters. They gave the striker a fantastic reception when he came off the bench against Wolves at Molineux. In the end, Daniel Levy has won another battle, so well done to him.

Nuno Espirito Santo has made a good start but they know they are not favourites to finish in the top four. Maybe this is the year they break back in. The problem with Tottenham is that they look very good and seem to be fine but then all of a sudden have a run of strange results.

Watford are back in the Premier League having been in and out of the top flight. A lot of their season will depend on their home form because I don't see them picking up too many points on the road. Like Brentford and Norwich, it will be tough for them.

Lawro's prediction: 3-0

He must have been on LSD when he made this prediction.

Bore off. 2-0, 1-0, 1-1, 2-1. Never goes for a 4-0 or a 3-3. He's been at it for years. Twunty.
You were saying...?

FWIW I don't think Watford will be pushovers. Deeney, assuming he plays, will give Sanchez a good hard battering. Assuming he plays too, that is.

Crystal Palace v Tottenham (12:30)

Tottenham have not done anything spectacular so far but they have done really well to win every Premier League game 1-0 - especially because I think their defence is their weak link.

Harry Kane is back, and scoring again - well, for England anyway - but Spurs could be without his strike partner Son Heung-min on Saturday because of a calf problem picked up on international duty with South Korea.

I'd still fancy Spurs to edge this one and continue their 100% winning start, even if Son is not fit, but I am not especially worried about Crystal Palace's wait for a first league win under Patrick Vieira.

The Eagles got a really good point against West Ham last time out and, from what I have seen of them so far this season, they have picked up a bit each game they have played.

Lawro's prediction: 0-1

Tottenham v Chelsea (16:30 BST)

Tottenham were so disappointing in their defeat to Crystal Palace last week, and I can't look past Chelsea here.

They are solid enough to keep Spurs out, and obviously carry a massive threat at the other end of the pitch.

Lawro's prediction: 1-2

Tottenham v Chelsea (16:30 BST)

Tottenham were so disappointing in their defeat to Crystal Palace last week, and I can't look past Chelsea here.

They are solid enough to keep Spurs out, and obviously carry a massive threat at the other end of the pitch.

Lawro's prediction: 1-2
Solid enough to keep Spurs out yet he has us scoring :rolleyes:

Arsenal v Tottenham (16:30 BST)

Tottenham won their first three league games of the season, while Arsenal lost all of theirs, but their results have been reversed in the past couple of weeks.

I can't say I've been surprised by their inconsistency. I said from the start that I don't fancy Tottenham's defence, and Harry Kane has not got going yet for them in the league.

Arsenal have improved from the way they started the season but I don't see them going on a long unbeaten run now.

They might get a draw here though. That's a result that both managers would probably settle for given the circumstances.

Lawro's prediction: 1-1

Back