• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Kyle Walker-Peters

All cool. Yet if we didn't have the 3 of them, we'd be trying to get through this busy period with just one player who couldn't rotate. And if need be they can fill in at left back too. KWP is also training with the first team every day, he will have targets, and there is an arguement (made by Poch previously) that he's at the best place to develop now.

With Sissoko and Diet able to cover, I think that we'd be fine if we only had two RBs.

We generally go for two players for each position, if we are going to have three for a position, I would suggest that RB would not be an area that we should prioritise.

All cool. Yet if we didn't have the 3 of them, we'd be trying to get through this busy period with just one player who couldn't rotate. And if need be they can fill in at left back too. KWP is also training with the first team every day, he will have targets, and there is an arguement (made by Poch previously) that he's at the best place to develop now.

KWP can't keep playing the equivalent of 4-5 matches a season, he needs games and match experience to progress.

We either need to send him on loan/sell him or sell one of the other two and he can even be the clear 2nd choice. But he's almost 22 now and he will need to be playing more regularly soon for his own career.

I can't think of a single club that has 3 senior rbs tbh. We get away with KWP a bit as he's our youth player and likely a Spurs fan from what I understand but it isn't a long term solution.

Who mentioned 3 RB as a long term solution? For this season it's ideal. KWP is 21, he's learning, playing some games. And we're well covered for once. If Rose or Davies are out or covering CB, one of the 3 LBs can cover at RB, why lose that? KWP hasn't been ready to play a full first team season rotating in and out. If we had him and Aurier as is being suggested, right now KWP would be playing every 2 days. Is that what posters are suggesting? @milo Dier is injured and you wouldn't pull Sissoko from midfield right now would you?

The future is another story. At the end of the season we'll see where we are. For now we're perfectly covered, and KWPs development is on track. If he continues to play well Poch will play him. But I don't think it would have been wise to heap all first team games onto him before he's ready. This place would be in melt down if he made a few errors and we didn't have any other options. We're lucky to have all of them and all have played a part. We forget that Trippier was outstanding at the start of the season. I wasn't a massive fan previously, but he has showed how effective he can be when he's in the zone and confident.

KWP did well to get 3 assists against Bournemouth. Suddenly, KWP has the same number of assists in the league as Kane, Son and Trippier. Those 3 assists are almost a record in the league as most assists in a single match is 4 achieved by Bergkamp (Arsenal), Reyes (Arsenal), Fabregas (Arsenal), Cazorla (Arsenal) and Adebayor (Spurs). Adebayor got the 4 assists when we beat Saudi Sportswashing Machine 5-0 in 2012.

Despite his assists, still not convinced of his defending. I think all our RBs and LBs (Rose, Davies, Trippier, Aurier and KWP) are good going forward but poor in defending.

I really rate this kid, and i hope he has a long successful career at Spurs. But if I were his agent I would not have advised him to sign a new contract. He will be 22 at the end of this season and yet he is currently our third rated full back on either flank.

He got a lot of stick on here for that mistake against Barca but seriously, based on his form this season do you honestly think Trippier would have done a better job considering how much he struggles against pace?

Personally, I would give him a chance to establish himself in our starting 11 because neither of the other two right backs have provided any consistency.

Sure he lacks experience but there is only one way he will get that.

I really rate this kid, and i hope he has a long successful career at Spurs. But if I were his agent I would not have advised him to sign a new contract. He will be 22 at the end of this season and yet he is currently our third rated full back on either flank.

He got a lot of stick on here for that mistake against Barca but seriously, based on his form this season do you honestly think Trippier would have done a better job considering how much he struggles against pace?

Personally, I would give him a chance to establish himself in our starting 11 because neither of the other two right backs have provided any consistency.

Sure he lacks experience but there is only one way he will get that.
Hopefully Poch will read this and see the error of his ways. And send you a muffin basket for giving him some vital advice on how to improve younger players.

I think we should start him v Chelsea, especially if we play 3 at the back. Him and Rose on both flanks will worry Chelsea, as they like to push their fullbacks high and they don't have much insurance to cover them.

I think we should start him v Chelsea, especially if we play 3 at the back. Him and Rose on both flanks will worry Chelsea, as they like to push their fullbacks high and they don't have much insurance to cover them.

Fair to say Trippier was hardly pulling up any trees at the weekend, but that said - with Llorente playing pin point crosses could be crucial.

I think Id rather Trippier putting them in than KWP.

3 assists last time KWP played on the right iirc. If Moura is fit then we can bench Llorente (hopefully).

3 assists last time KWP played on the right iirc. If Moura is fit then we can bench Llorente (hopefully).

Im aware. His stats are unusually good for his appearances, though Id question if they are sustainable or not.

Point being, if it is Llorente - then Trippier is the smarter choice.

As you say, its someone like Moura, then its a less definitive thing.

I was thinking that Moura off Llorente would make most sense, I think the big man needs someone around him to be more effective.

If Llorente and Janssen see it first that basket will be arriving empty.

Didn’t martin jol keep a cake box for the best trainers or something?

Edit:
Ramos, Alvarez and Antonio Escribano, who Ramos brought in as the club's nutritionist, knew they had to change eating habits at White Hart Lane after first setting eyes on the typical first-team buffet.

Alvarez told Spanish radio station La Cadena SER: "The truth is, the first buffet I saw, I took photographs of it because it was very interesting. Lots of sauces, a lot of cakes, chocolate muffins, a box full of sweets. So we tried to put things right."

https://www.independent.ie/sport/soccer/ramos-who-ate-all-the-paellas-26423313.html

Edit:
Ramos, Alvarez and Antonio Escribano, who Ramos bought in as the club's nutritionist, knew they had to change eating habits at White Hart Lane after first setting eyes on the typical first-team buffet.

Alvarez told Spanish radio station La Cadena SER: "The truth is, the first buffet I saw, I took photographs of it because it was very interesting. Lots of sauces, a lot of cakes, chocolate muffins, a box full of sweets. So we tried to put things right."

https://www.independent.ie/sport/soccer/ramos-who-ate-all-the-paellas-26423313.html
Ramos didn’t realise that was just for Big Martin Jol though, not the players!!

Back