• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Kieran Tripper

Yeah we really need young fast up and coming right backs. We only have three at the moment. So yeah! lets add another!

Walker
Yedlin
Fredericks
Trippier

Plus KWP, who is the most highly rated of the lot.

I think this signing is just an admission that Yedlin is the new Khumalo

Plus KWP, who is the most highly rated of the lot.

I think this signing is just an admission that Yedlin is the new Khumalo

Or we are simply bringing in a new first choice RB because the others aren't good enough, can't stay fit or are still years away from being considered for the first team.

Yedlin looked pretty decent in the couple of friendlies at the end of the season and when I have seen him play for the USA. I wouldn't be writing him off just yet. I'd say this signing of Trippier, if it is to happen, is either an indication that Walker has big problems or Yedlin is being farmed out on loan.

I'm not sold on Trippier to be honest, but IF Walker is on his way out then we need someone to shore up that side of the field and rotate with Yedlin. Personally I'd still like to see how Fredericks would perform for us after a year playing in a very well drilled Middlesborough back line.

Seems like a good signing to me. Will allow KWP, Yedlin and Fredericks to get loans. And at the same time still have back-up for Walker and probably some real competition as well. Both of which are desperately needed. Walker was either injured or just not playing well, that was his season. Can't afford another one like that, having to play CB's as right-backs...

He will play on the right ( or left in the mixed up world of MP) of the three, Klinsman practically said as much when we bought him, the whole structure of our purchases is baffling.

Do you have the quotes from Klinsmann? I've searched through the stories from when we signed him and cannot find anything along the lines of what you are saying.

He may end up further forward but I'd like to see half a season or so of him in the Preimer League before making a judgement.

Do you have the quotes from Klinsmann? I've searched through the stories from when we signed him and cannot find anything along the lines of what you are saying.

He may end up further forward but I'd like to see half a season or so of him in the Preimer League before making a judgement.

Klinsman said in a Sky interview that he can see Yedlin`s best position being further forward up the pitch, that is if he gets a game at all !

From the (very) brief appearance of Yedlin and the stats on Trippier - it appears both have more end product than Kyle Walker; something which may cost him his place.

Klinsman said in a Sky interview that he can see Yedlin`s best position being further forward up the pitch, that is if he gets a game at all !

The Klinsmann quotes from when he joined us also said that Yedlin would take a while to settle in England and that he would have his work cut out to get into our first team.

I think that we need to be careful not to write him off before he has begun. A season's loan at a decent football side further down the league will do him the world of good and give us a better idea of whether he is up to it or not.

I think Trippier is definitely coming in to challenge Walker for a first team spot. Hopefully Walker will respond in exactly the same way that Rose did last season.

I expect Yedlin to go out on loan (unless he really impresses in pre-season) for him getting proper regular first team football in the PL is more important than anything. I think Fredericks will be sold (or perhaps loaned again). Dyer can provide third cover at RB with KWP there for emergencies (although I think he is at least one season on loan away from PL football).

If we keep Yedlin as well as bringing Trippier in then I think it will be safe to assume that the club really are worried about Walker's injuries.

A signing like this, hints at once again taking Europe seriously. Building a decent team with room for 2 players in each position backed up with youth product.

Burnley manager Sean Dyche has confirmed that Kieran Trippier is set to join Tottenham Hotspur.

No Premier League player misplaced more passes last season than Kieran Trippier (625). Graziano Pellè next on 423.

No Premier League player misplaced more passes last season than Kieran Trippier (625). Graziano Pellè next on 423.
This kind of shows to me that stats aren't necessarily the best way to judge a footballer as the context is all important.... Using (poorly contextualised) stats to buy a footballer results in you bringing in the likes of Etienne Capoue.

The Klinsmann quotes from when he joined us also said that Yedlin would take a while to settle in England and that he would have his work cut out to get into our first team.

I think that we need to be careful not to write him off before he has begun. A season's loan at a decent football side further down the league will do him the world of good and give us a better idea of whether he is up to it or not.

We cannot write him off yet he`s not had a chance, he looks a good athlete, tbh I think a few of our other "disasters" would have benefited from more game time.

Back