• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Jose Mourinho - SACKED

The first half to West Ham was clear (didn't need to get to 2nd half)

- PEH, Ndombele in front of back four, Lamela in front of those two
- The attack line was via Reguilon left, Lamela central (you saw Lamela central run example)
- West Ham had to counter by covering their right and center, this left Tanganga as an outlet all first half

The effectiveness of it was limited by West Ham's early goal giving them something to defend, but they surrendered initiative and we pushed forward, last 3rd wasn't great but the plan was there.

Second half, you would probably say was just throwing on attackers, again I disagree
- Doherty was a clear plan to use the space Tanganga was getting all first half more offensively
- Bale should have replaced Lucas as the right sided option to work with Doherty (my opinion/guess), is Lamela came off because we had 3 already on yellows
- Dele was probably just a hail mary, throw on your final attacker, to that point I still felt it's was to a plan.

The change in our decision to play more forward has come with taking Winks/Sissoko out of the midfield setup, you can argue about the effectiveness of Lamela all day long but he and Lucas try to go forward.

Tomorrow will probably be mixed setup but week-end I'm expecting Reguilon/Aurier/Bale/Lamela (maybe Lo Celso sub) which will be about as attacking as we can play.
You’re just talking about players in positions.... what were the patterns of play?

I think any manager would have struggled this season with the defensive players we currently have, as long as we play some form of attacking football and only occasionally revert to the low block when absolutely necessary then I think he should be given the opportunity to complete this season and depending on the results be given a bit more time and the resources to fix the defence and then go form there.

Without a crystal ball or the gift of pre-sight no one knows what's going to happen, we could end up with 2 cups and a CL spot, who would bemoan him staying then?
If he achieves CL football (by any means) then he absolutely deserves to stay. If he doesn’t then I think the chairman will sack him (providing He has the £30 odd million to do it). Whether that is right or not I’m not sure but it seems Levy has this expectation that we should be consistently top 4 despite the 7h biggest resources that he provides....

IMO, 6th or above and It would be a little unfair to sack Jose. That being said I don’t see him as being one of those incredibly rare managers that can consistently over-perform compared to resources (we had one of those once but our wonderful chairman then stepped in)

one thing in Jose favour though is that he is probably one of very few manager who might persuade Levy to loosen purse strings.

I think sometimes, and I am guilty as anyone, sometimes we are guilty of over thinking and analysing all things but quite simply what we have seen this season isn't good enough.

Our form in the last 12 games is just abysmal and I think regardless of your expectations Jose just isn't hitting his brief, bar hypothetical scenarios that we could win the cup.

Screenshot_20210223-190515~2.jpeg

Sent from my Nokia 2.4 using glory-glory.co.uk mobile app

Sooner he goes sooner a new guy replaces him and does a better job than 1 ppg - so we'd have a better chance of getting that important European spot?

Not saying that's where i am but the logic is pretty simple

How does losing more games help vs winning 4/5 on the bounce.

No fan should want the club to ever lose a game (the exception being the united game which stopped Arsenal winning the league)

For those who made up their mind, don't bother.

For those who want to judge for themselves if his "I can't fix everything" comment was dodging responsibility or how he views past behaviour, take a look

Good press conference.

Personally I think Jose is a narcissist, and is desperate always to win, and when he loses and/or gets criticised he gets in a bad mood and loses a bit of self-control, and those two traits manifest in a negative way in terms of some of the things he says.

But I also think he's intelligent, and emotionally intelligent, and when he's in a better mood he's able to say all the right things (like in that press conference).

I'd imagine I'll never warm to him as a character (because I think he's just an intelligent narcissist), but as long as he's in this mood more often than not, and continues to play in a more attacking way, and turns the very subpar results around, and has our key players bought into him, then I'm not against him staying. But those are all very big 'if's!

My 2 cents:

Obviously all Spurs fans would want us to win every game but I think its more people saying that there is a silver lining when we lose given that it takes us one step closer to the end of him. And we already have this league season largely ruined so better not to ruin next season too and potentially go two years without European football.

From my perspective, I don't see Jose succeeding at Spurs given all the negative traits which have preceded his last two roles are now being shown at Spurs. Plus we won't be able to provide him with the £400m which he spent at Utd.

If you take the position that him failing and leaving Spurs in the next 12 months or so as inevitable, then its better that you move on sooner. His last 6-12 months at Utd seemed so bad with player relationships, poor football, increasing wranglings with the media etc - its horrible to think of our club being dragged down the toilet like that too. The thought of our image etc getting worse and worse, and the acrimony which he has brought before being replicated at Spurs over the next year is just awful. I feel we're moving into that period.

I think it depends on your starting point - there's some who still believe that Mourinho can be a long-term success and that will form their views; there are others which don't.

Happy to admit that I was wrong if he's still here in 2-3 years and has brought top 4 finishes and trophies!!!

(note: my starting point when he arrived was always accepting him, but given the baggage, if he doesnt deliver trophies and success then he is nothing)

I am at the point where I don’t really care if he stays or goes anymore, fans were on his back from day 1, think this would have been the case for anyone following mopo - getting rid of Jose would hopefully make the fan base less split.

For arguments sake, let’s say we get JN in - what happens if in 6 months down the line we still have the same issues, will people accept the squad is awful?

How does losing more games help vs winning 4/5 on the bounce.

No fan should want the club to ever lose a game (the exception being the united game which stopped Arsenal winning the league)

It's what you think is more likely to happen, sure we all want whoevers in charge to be the answer but at some point you think it's beyond them - look at Chelsea, had Lampard done enough to avoid the sack but not enough to really improve they'd be in a worse state now than they would be by losing a few games earlier in the season and bringing the situation to a head.

fans were on his back from day 1

Some were, I agree. But I wouldnt say any more than perhaps 10%-20%.

Then simplsitically there was a group who accepted him given he would get results, and another group who liked him

For arguments sake, let’s say we get JN in - what happens if in 6 months down the line we still have the same issues, will people accept the squad is awful?

I don't accept that the squad is 'awful' or the 9th best in the league but setting that aside, the answer to your question it depends on the other things for JN - whether he's got the squad performing to potential, the type of football played, spats with players, general air of optimism/positivity around the club etc. Its those sort of things which are killing Jose as much as results. If Nagelsmann had the, say, 7th best team/squad in the league and were 7th in the table and the various things I just mentioned were in a better place, he's be ok and jose would be no different

We had VERY clear patterns to progress the ball up the pitch under Poch. Sometimes I actually felt it was a little too formulaic. If you went back far enough on here you’d probably find posts where I explain Poch’s patterns to progress the ball.

Not in final third, we often ran out of ideas there.

We had lots of neat triangle plays to get out back, in midfield, and even sideways to pull teams wider, but the ball to goalscorer was hope for Eriksen to do something

I am at the point where I don’t really care if he stays or goes anymore, fans were on his back from day 1, think this would have been the case for anyone following mopo - getting rid of Jose would hopefully make the fan base less split.

Everyone except Levy I’d imagine! ;)

As others have mentioned, time for Jose to throw caution to the wind.

https://www.football365.com/news/spurs-mourinho-bale-kane-son

Spurs aren’t just making ‘individual’ errors, they are making costly individual errors because the system both makes such errors more likely by constantly inviting pressure while also making them stand out because they are more likely to have a direct impact on the result.

Ive seen a weird rise of "fans" wanting us to lose games to get rid of Jose?

What is wrong with people?

How will having no European football help with the money issues we have?

Why would you want us to go out of the EL with the prize of a CL spot?

Good question and there does not seem to be a good reason to do so, accept maybe they rather see the end of Jose rather then win something?

I don't think there is a single fan that wants us to lose our games in the Cups (or the league games either).

Not going searching for them but they have been posts over the last few weeks that some have hinted they do not care what happens, because it will bring the end of Jose.

Not going searching for them but they have been posts over the last few weeks that some have hinted they do not care what happens, because it will bring the end of Jose.
Among the less Jose loving posts are from gg-ers who are not as emotionally impacted by the results because of feelings towards The Special One™️.

Back