1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Thanks, scara
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Please read this post: https://www.glory-glory.co.uk/community/threads/fund-raising-for-jeremy-yermiyahu.10542/
    Dismiss Notice

Jose Mourinho

Discussion in 'Spurs News & Views' started by mjc23, 20 Nov 2019.

1. billyiddo

billyiddo Willie Hall Staff Member

every day is a school day

2. parklane1

parklane1 Tommy Harmer

No surprise there really its what happens, the truth is we have a big squad full of good, bad and brick players and there are many who are not playing as many game as they think they should be, now they are not happy and are probably the ones who are bitching about it, the truth is it happens at every club because of those reasons and we just happen to be a big club which fills newsprint.

Fane will jump on these headlines by disgruntled players to encourage their agendas to moan about a manager they have no time for and lot of those same fans never wanted Jose here and are filling their boots. Its so obvious to see the agendas.

Bishop and afsoc4life like this.
  3. thfcsteff

thfcsteff David Ginola Staff Member

Describe what you're seeing that has changed, beyond second-halves where we try to play with the ball?

4. Raziel

Raziel Johnny Morrison

For those who made up their mind, don't bother.

For those who want to judge for themselves if his "I can't fix everything" comment was dodging responsibility or how he views past behaviour, take a look

parklane1 likes this.
  5. Raziel

Raziel Johnny Morrison

The first half to West Ham was clear (didn't need to get to 2nd half)

- PEH, Ndombele in front of back four, Lamela in front of those two
    - The attack line was via Reguilon left, Lamela central (you saw Lamela central run example)
    - West Ham had to counter by covering their right and center, this left Tanganga as an outlet all first half

The effectiveness of it was limited by West Ham's early goal giving them something to defend, but they surrendered initiative and we pushed forward, last 3rd wasn't great but the plan was there.

Second half, you would probably say was just throwing on attackers, again I disagree
    - Doherty was a clear plan to use the space Tanganga was getting all first half more offensively
    - Bale should have replaced Lucas as the right sided option to work with Doherty (my opinion/guess), is Lamela came off because we had 3 already on yellows
    - Dele was probably just a hail mary, throw on your final attacker, to that point I still felt it's was to a plan.

The change in our decision to play more forward has come with taking Winks/Sissoko out of the midfield setup, you can argue about the effectiveness of Lamela all day long but he and Lucas try to go forward.

Tomorrow will probably be mixed setup but week-end I'm expecting Reguilon/Aurier/Bale/Lamela (maybe Lo Celso sub) which will be about as attacking as we can play.

yiddo37 likes this.
  6. Robspur12

Robspur12 Dean Richards

I am a Jose fan, not as much as Poch, but nonetheless I have always liked him and was bummed he went to Chelsea in 2004. However, he is giving his detractors plenty to fill their boots with. Our League form has fallen through the floor, and we get beaten by any 1/2 decent side. Jose had his squad refresh he hasn’t really got much cause to complain. I am absolutely sure Levy will not tolerate many more League losses. Even with as bad as we have been, I still don’t think we should get rid of him before we are out of the cups. But it is hard to make a case that he has been good enough which is particularly devastating given his pedigree. There is no point suggesting that “we are a work in progress” Jose doesn’t do those.

Finney Is Back likes this.
  7. Raziel

Raziel Johnny Morrison

He hasn't been good enough, we haven't been good enough.

That said, there would be no value not to give him the next 6-8 games to see if he can turn it around.

The only way I see Levy pulling the trigger early is the scenario where maybe a top manager option we have lined up becomes/or tells us, they are available.

8. 90291Spur

90291Spur Paul Robinson

https://www.theguardian.com/footbal...his-experience-can-help-turn-tottenham-around

more egotistical self-servicing gonads from Jose:

To give you an example – I left Chelsea as a champion [in 2015]
    I will be in Tottenham’s history for the good reasons and not the bad reasons
    One of my colleagues went a bit too far in his words but that’s another story,” Mourinho said. “Because it’s not José Mourinho, that’s not a problem.

Every day that goes by gets us all a little older, and one day closer to not having him in charge of our beloved club.

AdamB likes this.
  9. Robspur12

Robspur12 Dean Richards

I know you will think I am crazy mate but I genuinely believed we would be title challengers this season. Great signings building on a decent summer transfer window in in 2019 put alongside a manager with title winning pedigree. With everything that is going on I have found it hard to get my head around football this year but there was a part of me that felt excited. I am gutted with the way this season has panned out. I am sure most of Jose’s critics on the board who are proper, sensible Spurs supporters with opinions I respect immensely, feel the same whatever their opinion of the manager.

Finney Is Back, MKSpur and Mikey10 like this.
  10. Raziel

Raziel Johnny Morrison

Watch the video 3 post prior mate

I left Chelsea as champion -> context was he was admitting in the past he often created his own problems, including off the pitch
    I will be in Tottenham's history -> context, he just spent at least 5 minutes explaining that the results were not good enough, however he felt the club was supportive, he and the team had to work harder for the right result, and if they do that he's confident we can turn it around, hence he closed on he expects to be in Tottenham's history for the right reasons

His last point? you and the media just proved it, there was zero fudging controversial in that 20 minute interview and it some how gets turned into "egotistical self-service"? Klopp or whoever can say genuinely treasure cave-ish brick but that's cool. Said it before, Jose is the media villain of the PL, sad when we support that narrative.

11. parklane1

parklane1 Tommy Harmer

You know as well as i do there will be some who will try and get hidden meanings in that interview, or think they can.

12. Raziel

Raziel Johnny Morrison

too late, 3 posts prior to yours ..

13. Robspur12

Robspur12 Dean Richards

Generally I have always liked Jose for the way he doesn’t give 2 hoots about convention but I don’t like the way he publicly calls out players like Dele or Bale and it is not the right way to manage in any industry.

AdamB likes this.
  14. parklane1

parklane1 Tommy Harmer

Indeed a case in point.

15. Raziel

Raziel Johnny Morrison

Not crazy, little optimistic.

- Jose has to own the results, we haven't adapted fast enough and it's probably taken too long to get Ndombele & Bale up to being part of team.
    - I do think we bought a lot of good players, just not the player. How we would look if it was Skrinar instead of Rodon?

I'm not sure he will last the season (the old cliché, he probably has 5-6 games to save his job) , but I give him the best odds of figuring out how to make the final count in April.

16. glasgowspur

glasgowspur Frederic Kanoute

Anyone who takes anything any manager says seriously deserves everything get.
    It's a duty most of them fulfil grudgingly and you can't blame them for messing with the press when you consider the nonsense most of them write.

17. Raziel

Raziel Johnny Morrison

Has he really said anything terrible about either of them? and I'm being serious, the last video I just posted he's at fudging pains to say Bale has to do absolutely nothing to convince him of anything and never has, it's about getting him able to play 90 minutes. Before last week's Europa game I think his comment was there is always room in his side for players of Dele and Bale's quality?

I'm not sure people actually listen to Jose, he's refused to take credit for Ndombele's improvement, said it's all the player (interesting for a self-serving ego maniac), his statement was around people who are not playing is his door is open but he isn't going to go get them, they have to come through the door and show him they want it, and if they do, then the good work done was theirs. Not really sure how that is much different from Poch's you sign a contract to train not to play?

As I've said before, really didn't pay a ton of attention to him managing other teams in terms of what he said in press conferences but I'm genuinely failing to see this odious person that constantly deflects, throws people under the bus, says bricky things? sometimes he's snarky and sarcastic but really over the top?

18. Raziel

Raziel Johnny Morrison

Well what's hilarious is the video today, he says something exactly along those lines.
    - Most brick said by managers post match should not be taken at face value
    - Better interviews are pre-match

19. parklane1

parklane1 Tommy Harmer

It always amazes me how s ome fans get their knickers in a twist when a manger says things straight after a game has finished. Not sure how many of those fans have played competitive sport but just having finished a game is not the best time to get anyone to give a thoughtful answer.

As for the video that Raziel has posted above i fail to see how anyone could find anything that Jose said there to be wrong/unfair, but i am sure some will TRY and find something. :rolleyes:

20. 90291Spur

90291Spur Paul Robinson

He's a narcissist. I will not deny that I dislike him. I don't like the football his teams play, and I don't like his narcissistic personality. Remember how poorly he treated the Cheat$ki doc and countless other players. However smiley he can be, underneath is a narcissist. I have tons of experience with people who have that personality disorder, and most of them are incapable of change.