1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Thanks, scara
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Please read this post: https://www.glory-glory.co.uk/community/threads/fund-raising-for-jeremy-yermiyahu.10542/
    Dismiss Notice

Jose Mourinho

Discussion in 'Spurs News & Views' started by mjc23, 20 Nov 2019.

1. Bishop

Bishop Goran Bunjevcevic

I don't care what Poch asked for. We needed a striker and we know we didn't end up with one and again there's no excuse I find acceptable for that from the chairman.

None.

Last edited: 14 Sep 2020
  2. glorygloryeze

glorygloryeze Jimmy McCormick

The last bolded bit is what we as fans are hoping but inexplicably ENIC seem to be gambling on too..which is as wishful as Danny Rose being diplomatic:p

3. Danishfurniturelover

Danishfurniturelover the prettiest spice girl

Totally agree mate. The board have been here 20 years, the seems to be a lack of clear direction at the club.

If we had got Eddie Howe in, although i dont think he is good enough i could see what we were trying to do. But im justnot sure if the is any plan above getting the best manager on paper to manage the team.

To beat so many rivals with bigger spend then others with similar spend we need to think and plan better.

4. Benny_Lad

Benny_Lad Neil Sullivan

I'm fairly certain Jose said pre-Rona that we didn't need major signings, just the correct signings to compliment the already top level players we have (its in the doc pre-Rona).

Therefore for me he is pretty much operating on the budget he signed up for. He doesn't seem to be targeting an Eriksen replacement and we instead signed another wide player in Bergwijn....are we letting that slide?

Grays_1890, Baleforce and billyiddo like this.
  5. Bedfordspurs

Bedfordspurs Terry Dyson

Do you not believe that ENIC we’re going to change their strategy though now that we had £££ coming in?
    People keep on saying their MO needed to change and it looked clear that was the plan but everyone sights what we were doing whilst building the ground

6. Bedfordspurs

Bedfordspurs Terry Dyson

What slide? He said he wasn’t his choice didn’t he

7. glorygloryeze

glorygloryeze Jimmy McCormick

Doesn't that say everything? Another manager says they need x and instead get z lol

Again, no point signing Jose is you are going to carry one doing such things...

8. ricky2tricky4city

ricky2tricky4city Pedro Mendes

If he does...he's behind the curve.

9. billyiddo

billyiddo David Ginola Staff Member

The club misjudged the level the squad was at when they sacked Poch and appointed Mourinho - it's as simple as that. Had they been correct and the squad was still at the level it was previously then appointing Mourinho makes a bit more sense (if you believe he isn't a spent force himself) also as Bedfordspurs says, last season before covid and fully in the new stadium we started to drop money again, so again the appointment makes more sense if that sort of budget is what we were to be operating with.

They got the two decisions wrong (Squad is fudged and Mourinho is not the manager he was) and to compound that the pandemic hit sending an already risk averse chairmain in to over drive.

10. Danishfurniturelover

Danishfurniturelover the prettiest spice girl

To a degree yes we started spending more money i can see that. I just dont get the Mourinho appointment and im not one of those who thinks he is finished, if we were not in Europa league i think we would finish quite highly...

11. spurspinter1

spurspinter1 Milija Aleksic

But the key point is, where is the quote of Jose calling the players lazy? Before you freak out you have a take a second to check through the info, otherwise your ire isn’t quite as valid.

You could put forward a case against Jose for not having a creative player in the front four....The subs.......Shifting Sissy about as if he is the master key....All of these things, go to town on it. Half reading reactionary headline and going full Karen on Facebook just brings down the quality level in terms of posts.

This may be getting a bit like trying to fix BedfordSpurs’ their/ they’re issue but I’d like you to prove me wrong haha

12. Bishop

Bishop Goran Bunjevcevic

Levy will never change, it's not a money thing. It's an approach and his approach has always been consistent.

13. Benny_Lad

Benny_Lad Neil Sullivan

Did he? Ok so he signed up for something where he wasn't always going to be given the players he wanted.

In my opinion....When Levy came knocking, Jose probably looked at the squad, - Kane, Dele, Son, Ndom, Lo Celso, Davinson, Dier, Toby, Davies and maybe a couple of others and thought he'd be able to get a tune out of those + whoever is added (under the transfer strategy of the club).

Bedfordspurs likes this.
  14. DeanoAustin

DeanoAustin Dean Austin

You've got to look at his behaviour. It's not just based on the quote in isolation. He's tried to hire him before. In the doc, heavily sanitised as it is, he's almost starstruck by Mourinho. He hired the guy and fired someone who he had a lot of time for and that the majority of the fan base loved in order to do it. He's also said he believes Jose is a top coach.

Everything points to Levy believing strongly in Mourinho as a winner.

15. LutonSpurs

LutonSpurs Mido

This is the thing. Whatever it is Jose is being paid to is not working so far. It seems to me a direct repeat of his Utd debacle but with less resources at hand in terms of spend and personnel.

9 months in and we do not look like a good side and the players aren't doing it for him.

billyiddo and glorygloryeze like this.
  16. Bedfordspurs

Bedfordspurs Terry Dyson

Has anyone seen his approach in episode 7 of all or nothing. The way he talks them through the stuff on screen is coaching 101. The players physical traction though and lack of push back was a worry though

17. Bedfordspurs

Bedfordspurs Terry Dyson

He looks at Mourinho like he is in love

spasm and DeanoAustin like this.
  18. Baleforce

Baleforce Fanny Walden

they won't put anything of value in a public forum, would be mad if they did

19. DeanoAustin

DeanoAustin Dean Austin

Planning to watch it later. Any good?

F**king shambolic, gutless performance on the first day of the season doesn't dampen our desire for all things Tottenham. There's a Stockholm Syndrome element to our support of this f**king club. We're doomed to failure but we just can't let it go.

Bedfordspurs and glasgowspur like this.
  20. Bedfordspurs

Bedfordspurs Terry Dyson

It’s the same as the rest
    A fluff piece
    A few standouts
    Vorm says he hasn’t played and didn’t expect to play vs Norwich
    Jose told Winks don’t go wide in case we lose the ball... so defence first

Last edited: 14 Sep 2020
    DeanoAustin likes this.