1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Thanks, scara
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Please read this post: https://www.glory-glory.co.uk/community/threads/fund-raising-for-jeremy-yermiyahu.10542/
    Dismiss Notice

Jose Mourinho

Discussion in 'Spurs News & Views' started by mjc23, 20 Nov 2019.

1. Bedfordspurs

Bedfordspurs Erik Thorstvedt

Well it looks like the defence now know what their doing again

It looks to me like to me that the team have actually started to understand the coaching they have been getting that way. And I don’t think the defensive coaching is Limiting our Attacking, but the players are Probably thinking constantly about what their defensive position will be whilst attacking. It’s hard then to think about your attacking role when you have other things going on in your head.

i saw Moura chasing hack yesterday from right wing which is great but it also me st he wouldn’t be available for the attcking need

benp, Pirate55 and Favour like this.
  2. parklane1

parklane1 Jimmy Cantrell

Well said, you know it, i know it and most fans i know feel the same way. Sadly we have a bunch of fans who for whatever reason ( most of them dislike Jose i would say) can not wait to jump on his back.

3. parklane1

parklane1 Jimmy Cantrell

Bingo.

4. Mikey10

Mikey10 Tim Sherwood

Arsenal were in crisis a fortnight ago according to the media. They are one point ahead of us in the PL.

If Everton’s game against us was anything to go by then they are in worse shape than we are.

harr1984 likes this.
  5. parklane1

parklane1 Jimmy Cantrell

That makes sense to me, all really good teams are strong at the back ( which we have not been for a long time). Good managers/coaches know that to have any chance to be a winning team then you should build from the back, there is no doubt that we are getting better in that department and it shows.

Sadly we still have not got the DM that sweeps up the early danger before it hits our back four, ( that has to be a priority this summer) once we have that sorted we can move onwards to sorting our front play. We have been such a mess as a team for over a year and it CAN NOT be sorted out in a few months.

Any manager who takes that job on would struggle but we must build up from the back forwards.

benp, Legohamster and harr1984 like this.
  6. billyiddo

billyiddo Gary Stevens Staff Member

Don't play dumb mate - there's needing to spend in order to win and there's spending hundreds of millions more than than the teams you're competing with and then using the success as proof that he's still relevant as a manager

Last edited: 10 Jul 2020
    Grays_1890, milo and Bedfordspurs like this.
  7. Bedfordspurs

He didn’t spend more than city at Chelsea 2nd time, and I’m not sure if he did at United (haven’t checked in either case)
    Chelsea 2nd time to me was a case of actually managing a change and improving the team with minor tweaks (and yes they did cost money)
    He changed that team 2nd season with costa and Fàbregas and won the league
    Yes the players cried foul a year later but the same team won the league again that he built

8. Bishop

Bishop Gus Poyet

We have quality in midfield Jose doesn't like selecting it.

9. El Guepardo

El Guepardo Johnny Morrison

I think we need a diamond midfield with a DM to protect the centre backs. We will then have Lo Celso and Ndombele either side of the diamond and Dele at the top. The only issue then is that we have a cluster of attacking wide players who will no longer be as effective. Where would Bergwijn fit in that formation? Son could be used as striker with Kane, but is Bergwijn an option there?

Defensively, we need to bring in two full backs and a centre back. But who? And with what money?

For me, those are questions that Mourinho will have to answer if he is to be successful going forward with us.

10. galeforce

galeforce Ricky Villa

I think Bergwijn could play in that formation ok, one of the forwards still needs to move wide.

11. ricky2tricky4city

ricky2tricky4city Frederic Kanoute

I think that's what Poch had in mind. But you're gonna need some stellar full backs to make that work.

12. Bedfordspurs

Bergwein would play at the top of we play like that
    But I see more a 4-3-3 myself with the 3 you mentioned

13. MKSpur

MKSpur Chris Armstrong

There’s no way Levy pays for brand name cereals...
    6EBD08EF-9E33-498F-9FF0-DD6862A12F39.jpeg

Mikey10 and Danishfurniturelover like this.
  14. galeforce

galeforce Ricky Villa

with the right milk and sugar they taste just as good

15. Danishfurniturelover

Danishfurniturelover Les Medley

Seriously he has to be given to the end of next season and backed to choose his own players within certain financial constraints.

Would like to see a lot of youngsters loaned out the likes of walcott, Lyons-Foster, Cirkin,Marsh and maybe even Sessegnon and Parrot.

Could then be developing a good core for the next 5 years.

Think a buy and loan back for jade jones would be a very smart move.

16. metalgear

metalgear Christian Ziege

The bielsa method. If we didn't have the new stadium Poch would be still good for our ambition and budget. The snew stadium and Mourinho is first in line of many world class managers but I think the rest of Levy-designed structures like the scouting, and sponsorships , fitness and youth sub systems need to catch up. It's like we've put in a new 6th gear but haven't upgraded the engine, cooling and suspension... It will take time for everything to click at a new level.
    Sent from my SM-T865 using glory-glory.co.uk mobile app

17. thfcsteff

thfcsteff Les Howe Staff Member

We should've signed both. And GLC. It would've allowed us to move on Lamela or
    Lucas.

glasgowspur, StephenH and Legohamster like this.
  18. Jordinho

Jordinho Tony Marchi Staff Member

19. Benny_Lad

Benny_Lad Neil Ruddock

Was going to say the same. Or you pinch some goals from the left and right of the diamond.

Liverpool play with only 3 attacking players but have a look at their full backs attacking contribution.

ricky2tricky4city likes this.
  20. Pirate55

Pirate55 The Last Man Standing 17/18

Coulda woulda shoulda. The fact is Poch failed to move on some big players when he should have done to allow the team to be refreshed. Didn't he say that there was no point buying anyone if they wouldn't be better than our existing players? He was far too loyal to some players and should have been much more ruthless - especially with the likes of Eriksen, Rose, Lamela, Aurier, Sanchez and even perhaps Dele and Verts. Then perhaps we could have bought Bruno and a new DCM, RB and backup CF. He was weak and didn't stand up to Levy to insist these players were sold. It is no good calling for a "painful rebuild" if you yourself don't play a part.