1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Thanks, scara
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Please read this post: https://www.glory-glory.co.uk/community/threads/fund-raising-for-jeremy-yermiyahu.10542/
    Dismiss Notice

Jose Mourinho - SACKED

Discussion in 'Classic Threads' started by mjc23, 20 Nov 2019.

1. K.D.D.D.D.Soc

K.D.D.D.D.Soc Steve Carr

All the pundits, experts, ex pros, players, managers are kids talking about other peoples money and few if any have ever run a business, so their opinions on how any club should be run is as worthy as mine except I have had to manager 7 figure sums and been answerable for my actions.

Danishfurniturelover likes this.
  2. Finney Is Back

Finney Is Back Chris Perry

I don't get why anyone would think that JM is our best bet at winning the Cup final?..... Have those people not watched our performances for the past GHod knows how many weeks? I think we'd possibly have more chance of winning on Sunday with no manager at all than Jose in charge.

Robbo, Huddy, Alaric and 3 others like this.
  3. Finney Is Back

What do you mean by costing us £8m mate? Is that a pelanty clause for leaving? Where did you see that?

4. tw12yid

tw12yid Espen Baardsen

Apparently each club has put in £8m for setup costs. On a few news sites. Makes sense would need to start employing staff etc...

5. MKSpur

MKSpur John Lacy

Then Chelsea should pay everyone 8m then, when the first team pulled out it made everyone else’s position untenable.

6. Finney Is Back

OK cheers. The pelanty clauses from JPM are likely to be the big cost on this I think.

We might have to wait until the accounts come out to see how much this ends up costing us, though even then I suspect the costs will be hidden away as best as possible. Of course I don't expect anybody at our club to be held accountable for that wasted money.

Danishfurniturelover likes this.
  7. milo

milo Paul Miller Staff Member

They are going to get shafted in any business that they try to do with the other 11 in the next few years

8. dawaxman

dawaxman Tony Parks

Oh, I was actually responding to the point about mourinho giving home truths to the players and how I was worried that it may influence kane, son, hojbjerg to move....

9. Mosquito_Coasting

Mosquito_Coasting Alan Hutton

I think it was quite gracious of the players to let Mourinho bore on for four hours or whatever it was considering he no longer had a professional relationship with them.

MKSpur likes this.
  10. Diamond Lights

Diamond Lights Sebastien Bassong

From F365, i'll paste in the Mason thread too, but well worth a read:

https://www.football365.com/news/ryan-mason-spurs-bask-post-jose-glow

The Last Days of Mourinho are just so unrelentingly dreary and poisonous and – probably above all – exhausting that his absence alone improves the mood and the atmosphere even before you bring anything to the party yourself.

11. Hashegotthesackyet?

Hashegotthesackyet? Neil Sullivan

Your line “Have those people not watched our performances for the past GHod knows how many weeks? ” is the answer.. most of these fckwads don’t watch us they just read the headlines and know Jose won a lot of trophies, they haven’t all seen the many bad on the pitch things we’ve seen this season!

DeanoAustin and thfcsteff like this.
  12. afsoc4life

afsoc4life Jonathan Woodgate

I honestly read this post and wonder how you expect the post to be taken. People shouldn't be insulted for having a different opinion.

13. Daisuk

Daisuk Rafael Van Der Vaart

I think he's referring to the many mourinistas of this world, not anyone on here. We obviously watch every game we can. :)

I find it hard to believe that Mourinho stayed for 4 hours or whatever to bash the players after he was sacked - sounds like utter gonad*s to me.

stinkfoot likes this.
  14. Mikey10

Mikey10 Milija Aleksic

If the club allowed him to then they are very silly.

The reports on Sky Sports News on the day suggested the players were at home until they arrived for a delayed training session in the afternoon, by which time Mourinho was being filmed outside his home.

So it certainly has the whiff of being complete gonad*s.

SteveAWOL, Robbo, parklane1 and 4 others like this.
  15. MKSpur

MKSpur John Lacy

I can’t think a Mourinho would be granted 4 hours to inject more poison into the players. If anything he wouldn’t have even been able to say a cursory goodbye.

Given the lack of cohesion shown on the pitch and his now standard toxic blame games, I’m sure the players started his tenure hanging on every word and ended it questioning his most basic instructions.

Last edited: 23 Apr 2021
  16. Hashegotthesackyet?

Hashegotthesackyet? Neil Sullivan

I refer to the people who don’t ever watch us, ie supporters of other teams, or just plain lazy pundits, journos, who’s only basis for believing Jose would be a better bet to win the final is due to his history of silverware, and not seen the total gash and collapses we’ve seen for several months.

17. Daisuk

Daisuk Rafael Van Der Vaart

Can't blame them for that. :p

18. afsoc4life

afsoc4life Jonathan Woodgate

Interesting view. By the way mods - is this thread going to be closed?

19. parklane1

parklane1 Tommy Harmer

Pretty much like most stuff that is written/T w att ed nowadays.

20. NoLimits01

NoLimits01 Wilson Palacios

IBTL - Just in case :)