1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Thanks, scara
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Please read this post: https://www.glory-glory.co.uk/community/threads/fund-raising-for-jeremy-yermiyahu.10542/
    Dismiss Notice

Jose Mourinho - SACKED

Discussion in 'Classic Threads' started by mjc23, 20 Nov 2019.

1. DubSpur

DubSpur Ramon Vega

Nobody knows what we're going to do, pity the team doesn't either

AdamB likes this.
  2. LemonadeMoney

LemonadeMoney Christian Ziege

Why do that sub at halftime? Why take Moura off? Couldn't work that out.

Pirate55 likes this.
  3. Mr Gogolak

Mr Gogolak Helder Postiga

I wouldn't put that past me but it could also be that I have a poor grasp of what an identity is, for a football club. Playing with a low block isn't an identity in itself, but I'd say that playing a fast counter-attacking game based on giving as much freedom as possible to the two best forwards at the club is the beginning of something.

As for now, we have nothing but that's because he's been tinkering with the side when it became obvious that our original gameplan wouldn't get us the results we were looking for.

I also think a lot of people are quick to dismiss the high number of games we've played this season, as well as the very short pre-season we've had. I wouldn't use that as an excuse to keep him on for another season but it certainly hasn't helped.

Pirate55, Bullet, afsoc4life and 3 others like this.
  4. SteveAWOL

SteveAWOL Steffen Freund

Derp..

Tottenham: 19 cup games played (13 EL + 3 LC + 3 FAC)
    Man Utd: 18 cup games (6 CL + 4 EL + 4 LC + 4 FAC)
    Chelsea: 14 cup games (8 CL + 2 LC + 4 FAC)
    Leicester: 13 cup games (8 EL + 1 LC + 4 FAC)
    Liverpool: 12 cup games (8 CL + 2 LC + 2 FAC)
    Everton 8 cup games (4 LC + 4 FAC)
    West Ham: 6 cup games (3 LC + 3 FAC)

Pirate55, afsoc4life and StephenH like this.
  5. StephenH

StephenH Les Howe

Correct and it does get forgotten about.

Pirate55 and afsoc4life like this.
  6. greatwhitenorf

greatwhitenorf Young-Pyo Lee

Read through this story and it reeks of mischief and misinformation. First off, it's written by ardent gooner Sami Mokbel, to whom the Mail relies on to put wind up our pantlegs.

Second, no one is actually quoted. It merely implies that this writer is hearing whispers from well-placed sources. Right, so some gooner twit has inside gossip that we're not reading from the far-better informed Athletic or other more credible news outlets.

Third, it only speculates that the payoff fee is less. Look at all the weasel words - could be, understands, closer to - in this quote from an article full of them.

"Likewise, while Mourinho's contract could be worth up to £15million a year, Sportsmail understands his basic pay is closer to £10million a season which would significantly lower any compensation payout in the event of Mourinho losing his job.

Nevertheless, the Special One can still expect a huge sum if he loses his job, though it is likely not be under the £30million mark."
    Huh? What?

It's an invitation for Spurs fans to tinkle on their club, which the Mail would then turn around and use them in an article saying 'Spurs fans demand Mourinho out'.

7. StephenH

StephenH Les Howe

Baleforce likes this.
  8. thfcsteff

thfcsteff Tommy Harmer Staff Member

Identity of THIS club???
    I'll start with The Game Is About Glory...it certainly is not "low-blocks".
    Giving forwards freedom? Come on. How about a system which also works to support them more than just rely on their brilliance?
    The amount of games played is a factor, but he has a large squad which he has divided.

Let's just leave it here and both hope he proves me wrong in these final games...

9. markysimmo

markysimmo Johnny nice-tits

10. glasgowspur

glasgowspur Pedro Mendes

I've always had doubts about Jose, but if thought this squad would CL then he's an idiot, and it's worrying that we agreed to pay him £15m a year without a performance clause.

Mikey10 and Pirate55 like this.
  11. DubSpur

DubSpur Ramon Vega

We should be in the CL spots, he's a big reason for why we aren't. And £15m without a performance clause, depends on what paper you read and who you believe, none of us know the truth.

billyiddo likes this.
  12. Pirate55

Pirate55 The Last Man Standing 17/18

If rumors are to be believed, Mourinho asked for a hunk of burning love of a centre forward last January and an experienced centre half this January. Instead, our brilliant acquisition team delivered a tiny winger in Bergwyn and a novice inexperienced centre half in Rondon.

You can't blame a man who hasn't been given the tools he requested.

Bishop and parklane1 like this.
  13. DubSpur

DubSpur Ramon Vega

You can when he's not getting the best out of the tools he already has.

14. afsoc4life

afsoc4life Jonathan Woodgate

How do you know this isn't the best these tools can do?

Pirate55 likes this.
  15. DubSpur

DubSpur Ramon Vega

Because they've performed better previously. They've even done it at times this season.

16. billyiddo

billyiddo Terry Dyson Staff Member

The team is a couple of points off 4th without having a discernable plan in place, if we had someone who could get us playing to a gameplan that'd be worth a good few points more on it's own - if we had someone who could get us performing greater than the sum of our parts then it'd look even better.

StephenH and DubSpur like this.
  17. K.D.D.D.D.Soc

K.D.D.D.D.Soc Steve Carr

I'm not a fan of Mourinho but I cant remember a time when players have made so many mistakes, he's shuffled the pack given virtually all the players a chance and they are letting him and us down.

afsoc4life likes this.
  18. afsoc4life

Hmmm so they have performed better in the past. I presume this was in the past under Jose. The reason why they are not performing as well now could be a number of reasons; it could be Jose, could be the players themselves being inconsistent or could be other teams adapting tactics. It could be that we have been unlucky with our chances. Football isn't 2+2=4.

K.D.D.D.D.Soc likes this.
  19. afsoc4life

Ahh the famous Jose doesn't have a good game plan. Don't think that is the reason. Jose has game plans. Someone performing more than the sum of our parts? Wow. Sounds like the kind of words my managers say before I start ignoring them.

20. harr1984

harr1984 Frederic Kanoute

To be honest if we are playing a game of ifs, if we had just one very good CB we would easily have 10-12 more points and a lot of these conversations would never have taken place:D....

Pirate55 likes this.