• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Joao Moutinho

Apart from £££££££££££££ I just dont see the lure of playing in the French league, its brick compared to Germany, Spain or the PL

brick league but they have a new billionaire owner so I don't think the move is about football

First of our 'targets' has already gone elsewhere...

Sorry if already posted, but it appears AVB fav Moutinho has already committed himself to Monaco. :(

http://www.abola.pt/nnh/ver.aspx?id=404011 (in Portugese)

I for one, am gutted. If there was one thing we sorely missed this season it was the guile and creativity of Modric to open up defences. It's no surprise our strikers were short of goals as they were short of decent supply, and though Bale managed 21 goals we all know how many of them he created himself out of nothing!!
Dembele promised much, but we seriously need to sort his injury proneness out, the guy only seems to manage 70mins.

Re: First of our 'targets' has already gone elsewhere...

Eh, not sure we were seriously in for him this summer.

The only paper talk i've seen was that we MUST be in for him because we wanted him last summer. 2+2 = 5

I was more disappointed when Anzhi signed Willian.
To be honest I don't mind at all that we didn't get Moutinho.

Isn't there a transfer rumours thread for this brick?

So, I'd love to see how Monaco get around the FFP. Come on Mr Platini please explain this. Imagine if they add Falcao for another 60m lol.

Please explain Mr Platini the unfair playing field that Monaco have amongst every other club being a Tax haven. Looking forward to Mr Platini's response. Some journo must be on the phone to him looking for answers surely.

Last edited:
So, I'd love to see how Monaco get around the FFP. Come on Mr Platini please explain this. Imagine if they add Falcao for another 60m lol.

Please explain Mr Platini the unfair playing field that Monaco have amongst every other club being a Tax haven. Looking forward to Mr Platini's response. Some journo must be on the phone to him looking for answers surely.

Cant see it, that would mean they would be doing the job they are paid to do.

Anyone know who the owner is, is he some cousin of a rich sheik or something. Doing a Chelsea and buying up all the talent to stop others so to sell to City down the line.

Not sure if Platini is supposed to be explaining all of this at this point.

I don't think they've done anything to break the FFP regulations so far, if (or when) they qualify for Europe it will be a different situation. Also although the first monitoring period started last summer I believe the reviews of finances haven't been done yet and so no clubs have been refused entry to any competitions based on FFP regulations. As far as I know anyway.

I'm assuming Monaco has some kind of plan for when this becomes relevant, if they're banking on UEFA not enforcing the regulations tightly or if they're planning some over the top sponsorship or some other cooking of the books I don't know.

As for the tax thing, didn't the french football association is trying to do something about it? Once again, not sure it's Platini's job to be handling that, especially when they're not in any European competitions so far.

Weren't his outrageous personal demands one of the reasons the deal didn't happen after we had agreed a price? That was despite him going on about wanting to link up with AVB again.

I said elsewhere signing him now 1yr AFTER we really could have done with him (and 1yr older) and after missing out on CL again would have felt slightly farcical. I am unaware of any hysteria about him from last season performance-wise. Hopefully a blessing if he's going to Monaco.

^^ Wasn't it put down to 3rd-party ownership issues? Anyway, no point crying over spilt milk.

Not sure if Platini is supposed to be explaining all of this at this point.

I don't think they've done anything to break the FFP regulations so far, if (or when) they qualify for Europe it will be a different situation. Also although the first monitoring period started last summer I believe the reviews of finances haven't been done yet and so no clubs have been refused entry to any competitions based on FFP regulations. As far as I know anyway.

I'm assuming Monaco has some kind of plan for when this becomes relevant, if they're banking on UEFA not enforcing the regulations tightly or if they're planning some over the top sponsorship or some other cooking of the books I don't know.

As for the tax thing, didn't the french football association is trying to do something about it? Once again, not sure it's Platini's job to be handling that, especially when they're not in any European competitions so far.

It just seems inconceivable that they can adhere to FFP rules when they get attendances of 3,000 AND buy players for €70m. Unless their crowds are going to rocket, which they are unlikely to, its hard to square off

It just seems inconceivable that they can adhere to FFP rules when they get attendances of 3,000 AND buy players for €70m. Unless their crowds are going to rocket, which they are unlikely to, its hard to square off

Part of the reason they can attract the calibre (and assocaited wages) is because they are a tax haven in comparison to France. If they are forced to move to France they will incur Hollande's draconian tax regime on high earners. Interesting battle will now arise between the French Football League and Monaco. Can you allow the two different financial positions to coexist?

I wonder if the likes of PSG or a medium sized club like Lyon or Bordeaux will cry foul?

Let him wallow in Monaco with all the other playboy millionaires.

Back