• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Jermain Defoe

He deserves to be somewhere better than Sunderland. I watched the dire game we played against them and I can't remember him being offside, that must be a first for him.

I dont wanna go too deep into this, but I wanna say something.

Regardless of what people think of Defoe as a player you have to be pretty cynical to ignore is actions with the young cancer lad.

I know it from experience this is not PR and he is putting himself in a situation by choice in which he knows the end result is the poor lad passing away, we are so quick to slate people but I take my hat off to JD knowing he will be broken come the time this lad passes away,

Full respect

I dont wanna go too deep into this, but I wanna say something.

Regardless of what people think of Defoe as a player you have to be pretty cynical to ignore is actions with the young cancer lad.

I know it from experience this is not PR and he is putting himself in a situation by choice in which he knows the end result is the poor lad passing away, we are so quick to slate people but I take my hat off to JD knowing he will be broken come the time this lad passes away,

Full respect

That's him down to a tea though

Great with kids and fans. Doesn't drink. Goes to church...

Shags anything he can get away with

He is a top bloke and always always polite and friendly when I've met him

And given the brick he's had to deal with in his own family he could be forgiven for being totally bitter about the world. Instead (or maybe because of) he's chosen to do what he can to fill, what will we all know will be a short life, with joy. There's a fair few of his peers who would do well to take note.

Respect to you sir.

upload_2017-3-26_23-14-0.png

Glad for him, really nice to see him get that last little recognition.

To @thfcsteff I wouldn't want him back at the club to come off the bench, not just because I don't think its the right role for him, but because I don't want to see him (personally) having to play 2nd/3rd choice again with us. His Sunderland stint has proved he probably could have had a top 6-8 side stint as the main striker and would have clocked a fair amount more goals and maybe more England time.

He like Lennon, Dawson and a few others will always have my respect for being a significant part of the squad that lifted us out of mediocrity and got us to that best of the rest level, setting the stage for where we are today.

I fully applaud his efforts with this youngster and admire him for having the guts to go to Sunderland to rebuild his English image. But he'll never fully re-hab his MLS image. Not his fault that Toronto FC touted him as 'A Bloody Big Deal', but his attitude over here could have been more honest. I know from things said to his cousins here in Toronto that he wasn't sincere in that endeavour. A lot of 'moral' bills still outstanding.

That said, Jozy Altidore has been the bee's nuts in exchange. Nice to see the trade work out on both ends.

https://www.fourfourtwo.com/news/de...-five-or-six-players-were-so-ill-they-couldnt
Jermain Defoe has told FourFourTwo that Tottenham Hotspur’s infamous final-day defeat to West Ham United in 2006 should never have been allowed to kick off.

Speaking in an exclusive One-on-One interview in the May 2017 issue of FourFourTwo magazine, Defoe says the game definitely should have been rearranged, as some of his team-mates were so ill they couldn’t even walk.

“It should have been postponed,” he says. “I woke up on the morning of the game and the doctor called me to ask, 'Are you OK?' I told him I was, and he informed me that a few of the boys were feeling ill. I thought he must mean it was one or two. Even if you get a couple of players sick that’s serious bad luck.

“But it was five or six players and they couldn’t even walk about. I thought, ‘Something has definitely gone on here – one of the West Ham lads has done something to the food.’ If we'd put a full-strength team out that day, then we would have done it [match Arsenal's result to clinch a top-four place].”

Read more at https://www.fourfourtwo.com/news/de...-were-so-ill-they-couldnt#Z2KZuxv146PUjeDA.99
C9SXCnfXUAESdhp.jpg

It was a fix for sure. Just like the sudden collapse of west Brom's keeper a couple of seasons later against Arse which also prevented us from finishing above them Who would have thought it?

Yep. Ben Foster played 37 games that season , missed the Spurs game. Fulop came in a threw the game. A while after he dies of cancer. Money to leave his family (sorry if i offended anyone with this theory.

Also going great guns under Harry, England flirt with him and players need any excuse to take their eye off things and we start to decline.

Big moments like this shape the future of the club

I always thought something fishy went on with this. It was Arsenals last season at Highbury, them out the champions league with a brand new stadium wouldnt have been a good look for them. That time was a big crossroads for us and things may have been different if we got into the CL that season.
David Dein has to be the dodgiest Goon since this Machiavellian twunt :mad:

CPlWk6UWgAAmPzu.jpg:large

Back