• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

January Transfer Thread - it couldn't open and close any quicker

18 months left on Skriniar's contract - makes it more likely if lowers the valuation, but I still see us going for more of our typical profile player (like the Monaco CB) rather than someone who is soon 27

18 months left on Skriniar's contract - makes it more likely if lowers the valuation, but I still see us going for more of our typical profile player (like the Monaco CB) rather than someone who is soon 27

They are apples and pears as types of defenders. Skriniar is a slow right sided player, while Badiashile is a quick left sided player. They are a bit Dawson vs King. At the moment, to complement Romero, I think we definitely need a new King

They are apples and pears as types of defenders. Skriniar is a slow right sided player, while Badiashile is a quick left sided player. They are a bit Dawson vs King. At the moment, to complement Romero, I think we definitely need a new King
The left foot/left sided CB is of much more pressing concern I think. We can cover the right and centre with a mixture of Romero,Tangana, Dier, Rodon and Sanchez but other than Davies there is no natural left side option and I don't rate Davies for that role.

The left foot/left sided CB is of much more pressing concern I think. We can cover the right and centre with a mixture of Romero,Tangana, Dier, Rodon and Sanchez but other than Davies there is no natural left side option and I don't rate Davies for that role.

I think pace is important too. None of our CBs have much at all, other than maybe Sanchez. Tanganga, Dier and Romero are middling. And Rodon and Davies are oil tankers. A Badiashile would balance us up a lot, whereas Skriniar is Davies territory with pace.

I think pace is important too. None of our CBs have much at all, other than maybe Sanchez. Tanganga, Dier and Romero are middling. And Rodon and Davies are oil tankers. A Badiashile would balance us up a lot, whereas Skriniar is Davies territory with pace.

All the great great defenders never relied much on pace but we're outstanding in positional sense. I get what you mean though pace would be a luxury. None of Contes defence had pace apart from the WBs.

Where was I comparing the two? I was referring to the type of player who we have typically signed in the last decade or so, and also last summer - younger, on the up, on the verge of international football or a few caps, rather than players in the sort of 27-30 age range where they're at their prime

Can't imagine a time when you don't need a King.

I think Conte will go for Wood from Middlesbrough.

Keep thinking that the most important signing for January is possibly the hardest - a creative attacker (or even midfielder).

There's a number of CBs who we're linked with, and obviously the Fiorentina lad up front, but few creative players

Wonder whether Conte might persuade Paratici to try to get Hazard on loan?!? He's not starting for Real at the moment...and we have that powerful special relationship with them too

Keep thinking that the most important signing for January is possibly the hardest - a creative attacker (or even midfielder).

There's a number of CBs who we're linked with, and obviously the Fiorentina lad up front, but few creative players

Wonder whether Conte might persuade Paratici to try to get Hazard on loan?!? He's not starting for Real at the moment...and we have that powerful special relationship with them too
He hasn’t always played with that kind of player, well not in 10 role
His creativity comes form the way the team plays so your not tied to one player (our Achilles heel)

Back